I've done an excellent job in every area

the part that chaps my ass, is he is laying the failure off on the kids entirely. "i have done an excellent job" is a total cop out, 100% bullsh#t story! you don't hear Charlie Weiss saying sh#t like that. he goes to his interview and takes his lumps like a man.

I don't know, do you? I have only ever listened to a few of his press conferences and he comes off as very arrogant.

Holy crap a Charlie Weis defender I thought a comet killed all of them.

Uh, how do you get that I am defending Weiss from what I said?

Lets look at Callahan's 26 wins and compare them to the 19 losses.

I'm sure in the 26 wins a majority of them were ones where there was no doubt we'd win. However in the 19 losses, I know there are ones we could or should have won.

The way Callahan is talking at conferences, I wonder if he's the only one who hears himself? I think he has to give himself "self worth".

I think it speaks for itself that he never says, "The players are playing at 100%, this is the best they can do".

Didn't Nebraska at the beginning of the season say they were a contender for the Big XII North?

In all honesty, I'm still Rooting for the Cornhuskers, but Callahan has to go.

In the end, it is all about the Ws. And 57% does not cut it here. Assume the rest of the season is 0-4, we get to 26-23. just about .500 is acceptable only to bottom feeders. A coach at a program with the support this one has, has no excuse to be this poor. It is definatly not 'excellent'.

This year, let's look at our wins. We beat Nevada who is really a nobody in D1 ball. We beat Wake Forest which IMO is the only quality win of the year so far. We beat Ball State which hasn't had a winning season in over a decade. We beat Iowa State that won't win another game all year and will end up 1 and whatever. Of the 4 wins this season, only 1 is what I'd call a quality win. You're right, not only is it not excellent it's a far cry from even average.

Are you saying that as paying customers, followers, and fans, we don't have the right to voice our concerns? Should we just let this ship sink without trying to keep it afloat?

BTW, the same could be said about passionate fans of any team.

No, that's not what I am saying.

NU fans like to pride themselves on relentless support of the team. Also, even supporting the other team. If that's true, to me there is no excuse for booing, yelling at players to take their N's off their hats, etc, etc. How is that supporting the team when then need it? On the field!

You can complain, yell, do what ever you want on messageboards etc. But IMO when you go to the game, you're one job is to support the team. Period.

If you want to look at is as you are a paying customer and you are dissatisfied with the product (which I think is a horrible way to look at it), then one would think they would stop buying the product.

Yes, the same could be said about the fans of any team but I thought NU fans were supposed to be different? No?

I've said this for many many years that NU fans are no different than most other college fans. I bet OU, Texass, etc. all think they're the best college fans as well. I witnessed while sitting in the student section a decade or so ago college student pi$$ing in hefty trash bags and throwing them down onto the CU fans. We're the same fans as any other program. We have some very good fans, and we have some very poor fans just like any other team in the country. We may be a little better in terms of applauding opponents, but that will soon change if we continue to have years like this year.

Ok. It just seems to me that "In the beginning" you were 150% behind him and ANYONE who questioned the way Frank got canned..(whether they thought he deserved it or not) were reactionary idiots.

I am still behind him in as much as he's the coach of my favorite team and if I want to support the team, well, he is the coach. That and during a time of transition I think the program needs as much support as it can get. If we go through yet another one, even though I have my thoughts as who I wouldn't like to see as coach, I'll still support the team.

That being said, this season has really taken it out of me. I really have no idea what's going on and why there is such a LARGE difference between last year in getting to the Big 12 championship and this year being 4-4 at this point. I can't even know.

Yeah there has been a huge dropoff this year, but that's not new to Callahan. Say what you want about implementing that "radical" west coast offense in 2004, but what happened to the defense is what was terrifying. Callahan & co. took the best defense in the country in 2003 and turned it into one of the absolute worst in 2004 with the exact same players!

Callahan's recruits get worse with each passing year in the program, which is pretty pathetic. You notice how full of promise Lucky and Glenn were when they arrived? Now look at them- they've regressed. Helu and Castille look much more explosive, but I suppose if we give them a few years under Callahan their skills will denegrate quite nicely.

His players are getting worse- that seems to be my best explanation. Principally because of a lack of proper strength and conditioning, but when combined with inept coaching and play calling it is a recipe for disaster.

Supposedly he's good at recruiting- that's one thing everyone gives him credit for. I might add that all this recruiting crap is largely BS. You need to recruit the players you need, not the players that rivals says are the best. Tom Osborne always had recruiting classes ranked in the 20s and 30s- I think it panned out alright for him.

IMO, this is one of the biggest strikes against Clownahan. Instead of taking his 4 and 5 star recruits and developing them, he simply gets them here and then goes hunting for the next big thing. We've had some amazing talents come here only to get lost in the shuffle while BC and staff keep hunting for the next big thing. Look at Major Culbert. He's defense, no he's offense, no wait he's defense. All the while, this great talent never sees the field because he doesn't even know which side of the ball he'll be on.

In the end, it is all about the Ws. And 57% does not cut it here. Assume the rest of the season is 0-4, we get to 26-23. just about .500 is acceptable only to bottom feeders. A coach at a program with the support this one has, has no excuse to be this poor. It is definatly not 'excellent'.

He wouldn't be hired to coach at the University of Tulsa at that rate and Tulsa is a bottom feeder, but they get coaches that COACH and get an effort out of their players. They got beat pretty good by OU this year, but watching the game, it seemed tight because those undersized and over-matched Tulsa players fought til the end.

Maybe Cally is hoping for Coach of the Year "I’ve done an excellent job in every area. It’s hard for the media to know, but what we’ve done off the field, and what we’ve done on the field. I think it’s well-documented,” Callahan said.

If he says that line enough, maybe he thinks people will start believing him and they will vote for him...

:rollin

Maybe Cally is hoping for Coach of the Year "I’ve done an excellent job in every area. It’s hard for the media to know, but what we’ve done off the field, and what we’ve done on the field. I think it’s well-documented,” Callahan said.

If he says that line enough, maybe he thinks people will start believing him and they will vote for him...

Nice one! It does sound like a guy running for some sort of office. He's like the wizard of OZ "pay no attention to all the crap going on behind the curtain!"

Unfortunately for him, what he has done on the field is WELL documented and it's crap!

His responses remind me of this....

I don't mean to pile on but I had this idea so I thought I'd throw it together :)

I'm disapointed my hard work on photoshop wasn't acknowledged. I guess i'm just not funny anymore.... :'(

:sarcasm:ahhhhhhhh

I saved it, I think it's great. :hellloooo <--he's desperately trying to hug you.

This year, let's look at our wins. We beat Nevada who is really a nobody in D1 ball. We beat Wake Forest which IMO is the only quality win of the year so far. We beat Ball State which hasn't had a winning season in over a decade. We beat Iowa State that won't win another game all year and will end up 1 and whatever. Of the 4 wins this season, only 1 is what I'd call a quality win. You're right, not only is it not excellent it's a far cry from even average.

Are you saying that as paying customers, followers, and fans, we don't have the right to voice our concerns? Should we just let this ship sink without trying to keep it afloat?

BTW, the same could be said about passionate fans of any team.

No, that's not what I am saying.

NU fans like to pride themselves on relentless support of the team. Also, even supporting the other team. If that's true, to me there is no excuse for booing, yelling at players to take their N's off their hats, etc, etc. How is that supporting the team when then need it? On the field!

You can complain, yell, do what ever you want on messageboards etc. But IMO when you go to the game, you're one job is to support the team. Period.

If you want to look at is as you are a paying customer and you are dissatisfied with the product (which I think is a horrible way to look at it), then one would think they would stop buying the product.

Yes, the same could be said about the fans of any team but I thought NU fans were supposed to be different? No?

I've said this for many many years that NU fans are no different than most other college fans. I bet OU, Texass, etc. all think they're the best college fans as well. I witnessed while sitting in the student section a decade or so ago college student pi$$ing in hefty trash bags and throwing them down onto the CU fans. We're the same fans as any other program. We have some very good fans, and we have some very poor fans just like any other team in the country. We may be a little better in terms of applauding opponents, but that will soon change if we continue to have years like this year.

Ok. It just seems to me that "In the beginning" you were 150% behind him and ANYONE who questioned the way Frank got canned..(whether they thought he deserved it or not) were reactionary idiots.

I am still behind him in as much as he's the coach of my favorite team and if I want to support the team, well, he is the coach. That and during a time of transition I think the program needs as much support as it can get. If we go through yet another one, even though I have my thoughts as who I wouldn't like to see as coach, I'll still support the team.

That being said, this season has really taken it out of me. I really have no idea what's going on and why there is such a LARGE difference between last year in getting to the Big 12 championship and this year being 4-4 at this point. I can't even know.

Yeah there has been a huge dropoff this year, but that's not new to Callahan. Say what you want about implementing that "radical" west coast offense in 2004, but what happened to the defense is what was terrifying. Callahan & co. took the best defense in the country in 2003 and turned it into one of the absolute worst in 2004 with the exact same players!

Callahan's recruits get worse with each passing year in the program, which is pretty pathetic. You notice how full of promise Lucky and Glenn were when they arrived? Now look at them- they've regressed. Helu and Castille look much more explosive, but I suppose if we give them a few years under Callahan their skills will denegrate quite nicely.

His players are getting worse- that seems to be my best explanation. Principally because of a lack of proper strength and conditioning, but when combined with inept coaching and play calling it is a recipe for disaster.

Supposedly he's good at recruiting- that's one thing everyone gives him credit for. I might add that all this recruiting crap is largely BS. You need to recruit the players you need, not the players that rivals says are the best. Tom Osborne always had recruiting classes ranked in the 20s and 30s- I think it panned out alright for him.

IMO, this is one of the biggest strikes against Clownahan. Instead of taking his 4 and 5 star recruits and developing them, he simply gets them here and then goes hunting for the next big thing. We've had some amazing talents come here only to get lost in the shuffle while BC and staff keep hunting for the next big thing. Look at Major Culbert. He's defense, no he's offense, no wait he's defense. All the while, this great talent never sees the field because he doesn't even know which side of the ball he'll be on.

exactly, inability to utilize talent and moving players around like on a chess board. could never understand his thought process, don't think he could either!

the part that chaps my ass, is he is laying the failure off on the kids entirely. "i have done an excellent job" is a total cop out, 100% bullsh#t story! you don't hear Charlie Weiss saying sh#t like that. he goes to his interview and takes his lumps like a man.

I don't know, do you? I have only ever listened to a few of his press conferences and he comes off as very arrogant.

Holy crap a Charlie Weis defender I thought a comet killed all of them.

Uh, how do you get that I am defending Weiss from what I said?

Not you.

Other guy.