New Head Coach? THREADS - ALL OF THEM

WF had their back-up qb in, with Skinner they probably win. Plus that was the secod game of the year, they have won every game since then and they won the ACC last season. Dude is a good coach.

He isn't young, 55, but I wouldn't consider his age a major consideration. IMO he is worth considering.

Paul Johnson can definitely coach, I only wonder if he can recruit.

Would love it........tutored under norm Chow.........played at BYU.......was a great quarterback........beat Kjuco in the cotton bowl.......tutored under Carroll...........what is not to like..........I would neck choke my neighbor if we hired him.................... QB recruits galore strong ties to California.........it would be huge IF we got him..........thanks for uplifting my spirits , but I would be totally shocked..........IF WE GOT HIM.

MANCRUSH= Sarkisian MANCRUSH#2= Bo Pelini

Not a Gill fan for HC, but why is it that Sarkisian is getting a bye for never being a HC but it was always used against Turner Gill.

Turner Gill wasn't qualified. and now that he is head coach we can see why. He cant even turn a LOW level team around. I understand his ties to nebraska, but we need a solid coach.

Dude, stupid freaking statement. Buffalo was hands-down the worst program in the country when Gill took over. They actually started competing last year. Now they have a winning in-conference record(their noncon is ALL BCS-teams they are totally outgunned by). In consideration of where they started their improvement has been major.

^ True. Gill is doing well, however, I don't think he's ready to take over the reins here. Steve Sarkisian, that's another story.

I will never accept Sarkisian, he doesn't have the mentality i want. i want the hard working over achieving man, not some play boy from USC. i will never accept one of the USC or florida type coaches because i'm sorry, if florida, miami, fsu, or USC have bad years....well that's just their fault, their recruiting is done for them by their location. end of story.

^ True. Gill is doing well, however, I don't think he's ready to take over the reins here. Steve Sarkisian, that's another story.

I will never accept Sarkisian, he doesn't have the mentality i want. i want the hard working over achieving man, not some play boy from USC. i will never accept one of the USC or florida type coaches because i'm sorry, if florida, miami, fsu, or USC have bad years....well that's just their fault, their recruiting is done for them by their location. end of story.

FWIW Gainesville FLA is something of a swampbucket hellhole. They recruit based on programs. USC's surrounding areas are no picnic either. Miami U has perhaps the worst stadium in college football.

I'm just saying.

Wellllll. Grobe is veeery old.

He also lost to the worst team Nebraska has put on the field in the last 40 something years at home.

Yes, excellent point, the guy was outcoached by none other than Bill C. Taking that into consideration, he should be available. That should be reason enough for immediate dismissal from your current gig.

Don't laugh - this coach got game. If someone can show me a more remarkable turnaround in college football, let's see it.

Head coach of Division II West Texas A&M University in Canyon, TX (near Amarillo). Here is West Texas' record in the 5 years before Carthel

2000 5-6

2001 2-9

2002 0-11

2003 3-8

2004 2-8

Carthel's first season was 2005. Here's his record

2005 10-2 Lone Star Conference Champions

2006 11-2 Lone Star Conference Champions

2007 8-0 likely LSC champions

This guy has a staggering 15-1 record on the road.

I know it's D2, but this guy has the touch.

D2 or not, that's pretty damn impressive for any level of football. I imagine some school will give him a shot in D1 before too long!

I second that, only insert Pellini.

I will end my relationship with Nebraska if he is the coach. I have no use for the man and there are many reasons. Most have been stated on here. But a lot seem to forget what he did to this program when he left. He is a snake, more so than Pederson ever could have been.

Paul Johnson's offense has ALWAYS been called the spread option! The offense that is now referred to as the spread was just a formation, called the shotgun. The spread was any offense with just one back. When NU moved the I-back to the slot opposite the WB, that formation was called the SPREAD, back in 1970-80s. You need to learn about football. The Florida offense is a GUN-RUN offense. It has been customed to call the offense the spread, but Johnson's offense has been spread option since coach Russell came up with it in the 80s at GA-Southern. Flexbone is what Hatfield/Deberry called their broken wishbone offense. The SPREAD OPTION incorporates more WING-T concepts than the more WISHBONE centered FLEXBONE offenses that Deberry and Hatfield ran.

UNO? West Texas? Man...what have you guys been drinking cuz I want some! If you're going to dip down into the DII schools you go for Mark Farley

51-24 since 2003

2005 Guided UNI to First-Ever National Title Game

2005 Northwest Region Coach of the Year (Football Gazette)

2001 AFCA NCAA I-AA Region 4 Coach of Year *

001 Gateway Bruce Craddock Coach of the Year

Placed 3rd in 2001 Eddie Robinson Award balloting

Placed 10th in 2003 Eddie Robinson Award balloting

Placed 15th in 2005 Eddie Robinson Award balloting

Best record (11-3) of all Gateway Conference rookie coaches

Three Gateway conference titles (outright or shared) in 4 years

#1 D-II team in the nation right now.

UNO? That's a card game for kids.