Effort

Apathy

It would be nice to see 4 qtrs of how they played the first half. They were a lot more aggressive. This team goes to crap after halftime. Pretty bad when the radio guys give the player of the game award to the punter. He did a great job and is the only reason it wasn't worse than what it was.

I will give it to Callahan and company they had a great scheme this time around. I am a strong beleiver in pressure and i loved seeing 2 or 3 guys coming after the quarterback every play. Our offense also was having a great game and i think Callahan and Wagner really prepared that line.

But preparing is only half the game, the other half is making adjustments during the game. Our offense needed to change some things when we started going run, run, pass, punt there in the 3rd and 4th quarters. I am not saying we should have came out and passed every down but we need a variety of running plays to help shorten the game instead of this zone read left and zone read right. Then on defense once they started running more of that spread option like A&M was running against us, our coaches needed to rethink what we were doing instead of running the same thing over and over and letting charles run for like 220 yards in the 4th quarter.

Just like i said earlier, the coaches had great schemes coming into the game, but failed to make any adjustments. That is where this coaching staff really fails IMO.

I was impressed with the D through the first three quarters, but we didn't "adjust to Texas's adjustments" in the 4th quarter. How do you give up over 200 yrds rushing to one guy in one quarter? :bang

Swift was awesome, congrats to him and also Joe Ganz for coming in and finishing the scoring drive, he had a pretty toss to Mo for that TD. If Keller is out for the year(like some other posts have mentioned), I am now confident that JG can run the offense.

I did see fire coming out of Cally in the first half when he was blasting the officials for that official review, he was pissed that they let the following play run(we had them for a loss). I think Cally is a decent coach, the guy is human just like the rest of us, but he may not be a perfect fit for the Huskers.

GBR

Make that 24-2. Callahan is not a perfect fit for any team except the one in his head.

Let's put this in perspective, we LOST! :bang

But at least we didn't get blown out :clap

Well, if "A Win's a Win", (i.e Ball State), then a loss is a loss. I don't think "Moral Victory" is in my Husker dictionary.

Let me check....... no it's not there.

Time to hand out the second place trophies to the team just to make them feel better.

I said the Huskers wouldn't get within two touchdowns the rest of this season. The players gave an inspired effort today and I have to eat my words. I know people say we still lost, but, if the team can give this type of effort the rest of the season, win or lose, I am willing to give at least part of the coaching staff a chance (however, they still did rush for over 300 yards on us, so maybe someone needs to go).

Did we do something drastically different this off-season in strength and conditioning? When you have to put 9 in the box all day long to stop the run, something tells me there is something devastatingly wrong with our front four. But it was the best game plan - we just got tired, then got burnt at the end.

I'm sick of finding moral victories in almost beating a downtrodden team that doesn't deserve the #17 ranking it has.

This team today did not win. Obviously.

They played with spirit and effort. That is more than I can say about the last three weeks.

Moral victories suck. I am simply looking at the fact that this team did not cash it in. They played very hard until the end.

Kellers injury is unfortunate, but I honestly feel and have felt since the Z Taylor era. ( No offense to Zac)

that we need at least some mobility at QB and haven't had a lick.

Ganz could provide a spark to this offense. He certainly was unfazed by the urgent time he came in today.

When you gripe about poor effort, you have to take your hat of to good effort and that is what I am doing.

Offense, defense. Very good effort! Thank you.

I'm tempted to say they made a good effort, but with the caveat that they BLEW IT IN THE FOURTH QUARTER, WHEN IT MATTERED. Look at Jamaal Charles' rushing statistics and tell me that the defense did a great job. The guy hit three homeruns in the fourth quarter. There were many missed tackles that helped facilitate his near-300 yard rushing day.

This was still a huge improvement over what we've been seeing for the last month and a half, but seriously folks, is this Nebraska football? We have to blitz on every down in order to get ANY pressure on the QB or contain the runs up the middle. The front seven should be able to hold their own on run containment and pass rush without bringing the whole house.

I'm tempted to say they made a good effort, but with the caveat that they BLEW IT IN THE FOURTH QUARTER, WHEN IT MATTERED. Look at Jamaal Charles' rushing statistics and tell me that the defense did a great job. The guy hit three homeruns in the fourth quarter. There were many missed tackles that helped facilitate his near-300 yard rushing day.

This was still a huge improvement over what we've been seeing for the last month and a half, but seriously folks, is this Nebraska football? We have to blitz on every down in order to get ANY pressure on the QB or contain the runs up the middle. The front seven should be able to hold their own on run containment and pass rush without bringing the whole house.

I did not say the coaches had a good day. Bringing the house without leaving someone at home is stupid.

The defense was gassed by the end of the game. They gave it there all. Agree or not thats how I saw it.