New Coach? equals New Offense, which equals......

ZACH LEE

This is the trend of College Football today.

I believe we have a new coach next, which means the odds say we will have a new offense which will most likely be the spread which means that Zach Lee would be the clear cut favorite to win the job.

This cant be all bad

The cupboard is not bare.

New Coaches New philosophy

Paul - plays

Henry - Plays

Holt - Plays

Brooks - Plays

Amaukamuar(sp?) - plays

Thenarse-plays

culbert plays

you get my drift.

I dont think the cupboard is bare at all. I can seriously see us being a really good team next year even with a whole new staff.

I think the future is bright

thinking of Thenarse and Asante at safety in an attacking defense gives me chills

The talent is there...just need some leadership and coaching...not all of which will come from new coaches. The players need to step up too, someone has to be a leader out on the field, not just shoot off their mouth at the Brass Rail after having too many.

The tackling on the defense is terrible. They need to give up the philosophy of not hitting in practice, because it is really showing that these guys don't have a clue how to tackle with their bodies. If Bo is the one to be HC, that will be taken care of.

The talent is there...just need some leadership and coaching...not all of which will come from new coaches. The players need to step up too, someone has to be a leader out on the field, not just shoot off their mouth at the Brass Rail after having too many.

The tackling on the defense is terrible. They need to give up the philosophy of not hitting in practice, because it is really showing that these guys don't have a clue how to tackle with their bodies. If Bo is the one to be HC, that will be taken care of.

Well we cant get any worse.................atleast i hope not. I think some new blood is definately something that will help. This years seniors have been less than stellar and even worse in the leadership dept. Hopefully this doesnt hurt us for years to come, usually the older players groom the younger ones into leaders, lets hope somewhere in this mess there is a younger guy waiting for his turn to take the reigns.

It doesn't have anything to do with offensive scheme. It has everything to do with players and execution. Any offense will work with the right players that execute. Having said that, I still think that the enduring offense more closely resembles the power-I set. Years from now, that set will still be run. Just gets some 350-lb. o-linemen and go.

NU's whole problem this year is that they have lost their mojo. They need to get their mojo back. When they find it again, they will be just fine.

Don't bag on the players and coaches too much. Losing your mojo is a terrible thing, and it can happen to anyone.

They will get it back, though. This weekend. Against KU. My prediction: NU 45, KU 10.

It doesn't have anything to do with offensive scheme. It has everything to do with players and execution. Any offense will work with the right players that execute. Having said that, I still think that the enduring offense more closely resembles the power-I set. Years from now, that set will still be run. Just gets some 350-lb. o-linemen and go.

NU's whole problem this year is that they have lost their mojo. They need to get their mojo back. When they find it again, they will be just fine.

Don't bag on the players and coaches too much. Losing your mojo is a terrible thing, and it can happen to anyone.

They will get it back, though. This weekend. Against KU. My prediction: NU 45, KU 10.

:rollin

what about swift? surely he has to be a go-to threat next season under any offense?

I think Swift and Peterson will be the premier wide recievers. Both have shown flashes of greatness, but neither have shown much dependability. Although Peterson does usually show up at the most unexpected moment......just wish he would show up the rest of the game. Hopefully we can get the younger guys involved as well.

We may not have the talent to play with the top programs, but we have the talent to play with Kansas.

The question is do we have the heart?

BC faced this the first year with all the Pelini crap going on.

I don't know if he can overcome the attitude or not, but I am pulling for him to get everyone on the same page this weekend.

We have nothing to lose and everything to gain. That normally makes for a pretty dangerous team.

I still don't think the talent is here to play for BCS games, but it is here for the games we have left. It all boils down to attitude. We need to be more positive about this team the next three weeks. We need these games to get to a bowl. We need to be the best fans in college football the next three games period.

Quit the harping about new coaches, bad players and lack of effort.

They can and will get r done.

We may not have the talent to play with the top programs, but we have the talent to play with Kansas.

The question is do we have the heart?

BC faced this the first year with all the Pelini crap going on.

I don't know if he can overcome the attitude or not, but I am pulling for him to get everyone on the same page this weekend.

We have nothing to lose and everything to gain. That normally makes for a pretty dangerous team.

I still don't think the talent is here to play for BCS games, but it is here for the games we have left. It all boils down to attitude. We need to be more positive about this team the next three weeks. We need these games to get to a bowl. We need to be the best fans in college football the next three games period.

Quit the harping about new coaches, bad players and lack of effort.

They can and will get r done.

with the talent we have we could make a BCS game. we just need great coaching and a little luck. the big 12 is not that tough of a conference right now

Here's a possibility that I doubt many have thought about.

Now that Ganz will be starting, might we see a few read option runs, much like they run in the spread. If we do, we're seeing an offense TO has stated he likes.

We now move to the end of the season where TO and Callahan have their talk. Look at the QBs Callahan has gone after. Witt, Lee, Freeman and Gabbert could all run the spread. Zac was a quick fix when we needed someone, and Keller just feel into our laps. But Callahan can show TO he has recruited QBs that can run the spread or some type of west coast spread hybrid.

Something will have to be done about the defense, so Cosgrove and some others take the fall and move on. Callahan stays, and we save the majority of the recruits, the offense moves on to more of a spread offense, and TO sees this as a win win so he's happy.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Where did you get the kool-aid your drinking? I think it has fermented and if you have much more you may begin to have blurred vision and vomit.

He's been a Callahan apologist since this mess all started going down 2 weeks ago.