lets just get one thing straight.

Running up the score? KU scoring 48 in the first half, and you are crying about the 1 string in in the fourth qtr! Give me a break! Was Mangino supposed to go easy on us? Was it his fault that that we couldn't stop ANYTHING? NU is playing BIG BOY football. He has the right to play anyone he likes at any time regardless if you like it or not. Is it classy who cares? We got pounded. If the score was 10-14 points less would your crybaby attitude change? I doubt it . Spilled milk and sour grapes

:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah

To be honest, had KU scored more points and it resulted in Callahan and Co's immediate firing, I would have sent Mangino a stripper-gram, a thank you card and a gift card to Omaha Steaks. We needed to have that many points scored on us to prove to the rest of the world, without a shadow of a doubt, that the Callahan experiment had failed miserably. IMO, it needed to be done to solidify a coaching change for next year.

Thank You J-Hawks! :w00t

I don't think Nebraska ever ran up the score with our starters in the WHOLE GAME. I remember our 3rd and 4th string guys just being so damn good that the other team couldn't stop them either.

:clap:yeah:thumbs That's it. And which game was it where TO gave Mizzou a note telling them the four plays that NU was going to run in the 2nd half? No other plays, just those four? Mizzou still couldn't stop it!

If that actually happened, I would say that is the definition of classless. That shows no respect for the opposing team. I would rather a team run up a score than do something like that.

when you have your starters in with a 30 plus point lead, 69 points on the board, and its the 4th quarter. that is the very definition of running up the score. i'm not getting into if it was right or not. but no one can argue that fact. that is exactly what it is.

and I will also put forth this fact. TO never did that. he never had his starters in the 4th quarter.....ever.

Quite honestly, there was nothing wrong with what they did, that we haven't done to them in the past. It doesn't matter whether you have your starters in or reserves, you still have to do your job to stop them, and if you cant, it's not their job to lie down and play dead just so they dont score anymore.

And furthermore, at this point in the season, I'm looking for more glory for the Big 12 and three teams in the top 10 in BCS gives us some credibility for all the grumblings the past few years about the conference being one sided.

Nebraska has been our shining star for my entire 42 years, was I spoiled as the rest of us for so many years of success, yes. We expect alot, and with that we have to be able to take what many other top college programs have suffered also. This too will end at the end of the season, with BC getting fired and we will once again have to go through the growing pains with a different coaching staff in place. It will take patience, but no coach can do any worse than what BC has done to destroy every bit of reputation we had except for fan support, he cannot and will not ever take that away from this Blood RED Husker Fan!!!!

To be honest, had KU scored more points and it resulted in Callahan and Co's immediate firing, I would have sent Mangino a stripper-gram, a thank you card and a gift card to Omaha Steaks. We needed to have that many points scored on us to prove to the rest of the world, without a shadow of a doubt, that the Callahan experiment had failed miserably. IMO, it needed to be done to solidify a coaching change for next year.

that would be one expensive gift card to satisfy that hunger. no snickers bar in the world could keep the hunger pangs away. by the way did anyone see the 2 buckets from KFC that the student trainer kept right behind Jaba the Hut during the game.

that would be one expensive gift card to satisfy that hunger. no snickers bar in the world could keep the hunger pangs away. by the way did anyone see the 2 buckets from KFC that the student trainer kept right behind Jaba the Hut during the game.

It would have been well worth the investment

Nebraska 84 - Minnesota 13 (1983)

I was at that game...

Ozzy had his reserves in in the 2nd quarter. Remember, there was a 55 man limit on travelling squads at this time. He put the sarters back in in the 4th quarter because the other kids were exhausted. I remember Mike Rozier taking a hand-off, running 2 yards and throwing himself on the ground. That's not running up the score.

:yeah

It was hard to hold the score down when you can only bring so many players. I was waiting for some one to bring this up.

GBR!!!

when you have your starters in with a 30 plus point lead, 69 points on the board, and its the 4th quarter. that is the very definition of running up the score. i'm not getting into if it was right or not. but no one can argue that fact. that is exactly what it is.

and I will also put forth this fact. TO never did that. he never had his starters in the 4th quarter.....ever.

For real, who cares? I hope everyone "runs up the score;" there's nothing more humiliating than pity. Remember when TO sent the game plan to OSU for the second half of a blow out? Don't you think they'd prefer to be further dismantled and destroyed than to be treated like a non-threat?

I read it ...........so Mangino gets the big meenie award? so what

well then I guess I will repeat myself.. clearly stated that I am not judging what he did. I am just calling what he did by its name--> running up the score. thats all. theres really not much to it. its not that hard

Okay, so you don't think it's good or bad, then why are you talking about it? Why not start threads making the profound statement: "Say what you will, when a ball carrier crosses the front plane of the opposing team's end zone, that's a touchdown"?

Ahem: Nebraska 69 OU 7, November 1st, 1997. Not trying to be trollish, just saying...(and this Sooner fan sure didn't whine about it at the time; I wasn't babyish enough to think Nebraska's offense was obligated to stop itself).

We had our scrubs in before halftime of that game, as I recall. That game, much like NU/KU last week, was a case of one team simply being unable to stop the other team. Osborne wasn't running up the score - he was running his offense. OU just couldn't stop it, period. I know you're not trolling, I'm just saying that it wasn't a case of running up the score intentionally.

And quite frankly I don't care if Mangino had put in the KU Drum Line, we weren't stopping anyone Saturday. It has less to do with KU's offense - it has a WHOLE LOT to do with the fact that our kids have given up.

Let's stop blaming anyone/anything on the KU sideline for Nebraska's failures.