KU fans are the worst in the Big 12

godd2

A story about those GREAT Colorado fans...my ex-boyfriend played for the Huskers 76-80...One of the years at Boulder he was in the end zone to catch a kickoff, he was tackled...he felt a searing pain in his side and thought "man he must've hit me just right." He stood up and there was a cigarrette sticking out of his jersey (remember the old jerseys? holes were bigger)...it obviously was thrown by a fan, and thrown just right.

I have a very hard time believing this. A cigarette weighs less than an ounce, and isn't at all aerodynamic... I mean, the fan would either need a strong wind behind him (unlikely since obviously this person would be standing in front of a 200ft tall facade regardless of where they were sitting), or there would have to be absolutely no wind whatsoever. In the second case, the cigarette weilding guy would have to be a master technician of the tobacco flicking arts... like one of those people that can dent a car door with a playing card.

It would seem a lot more likely that a fan could have dropped a cigarette onto the field (this was the 70's afterall, the earth was little more than the best ashtray money could buy), and ended up in your former beau's jersey by happenstance. The odds of something like that happening deliberately in an outdoor environment, especially from a distance of 20+ feet, are practically nil.

I had to take "the physics of cigarette disposal" during my sophomore year at CU, it's a prereq if you want to get into the advanced class, "modern applications of pulling women down flights of stairs and throwing bags of feces during and after intercollegiate athletic competitions".

:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound No that is freakin funny!!!!

A cigarette was thrown from the stands that managed to find its way lodged into the jersey holes of this guy's jersey? I would love for you to email this story to CU, since it does have one of the best aerodynamic programs in the country. Perhaps they could wind tunnel test this. Come on, I know there have been some problems with some of the sttuents but to make up something so rediculous.............nevermind, this can go nowhere positive.

look another one who can not spell "ridiculous". Nice.

A cigarette was thrown from the stands that managed to find its way lodged into the jersey holes of this guy's jersey? I would love for you to email this story to CU, since it does have one of the best aerodynamic programs in the country. Perhaps they could wind tunnel test this. Come on, I know there have been some problems with some of the sttuents but to make up something so rediculous.............nevermind, this can go nowhere positive.

Oh leave him alone! He's just showing his hidden passion for the power of RED!!!!! :rollin

Oh come on, Boulder's nothing like you remember it being nowadays. Just to be on the safe side, check the weather report before you come :lol: We'd be happy to have you.

Wear red to the game in a couple weeks, and put Nebraska plates on your car for the day, and let us know how it goes.

:yeah

If we are all making it up, you should have no problems, right?

Oh leave him alone! He's just showing his hidden passion for the power of RED!!!!! :rollin

:lol: hey wait a min, isn't he a buffs fan? yea yea beachbluffs ditch em and join us :restore

woo hoo!

these fans show as poor of sporsman ship as the nu players. remeber when mizzou beat you a couple of years ago and one of your players sucker punched a student from mizzou. can you say kettle meet mr. pot

Yeah, and he couldn't press charges for assault because he would then have to plead guilty for trespassing. Missouri fans are busch league, no 2 ways around it.

Pretty easy to call MU fans bush league when you are in your position. Look, I am a Nebraska native and MU Alum. I have been mistreated at NU before. All schools have a few fans who tarnish the entire fan base.

To label all MU fans as bush league only makes a statement about you....think about it.

:lol: hey wait a min, isn't he a buffs fan? yea yea beachbluffs ditch em and join us :restore

woo hoo!

As I have previously stated I would rather see you guys 10-0 heading into Thanksgiving weekend then then let my Buffs deliver the coup de grace on your season then have you limp in giving up 76 to Kansas of all people.

Oh come on, Boulder's nothing like you remember it being nowadays. Just to be on the safe side, check the weather report before you come :lol: We'd be happy to have you.

Wear red to the game in a couple weeks, and put Nebraska plates on your car for the day, and let us know how it goes.

I think my soul would fall out the minute I started unscrewing my Colorado plates. No dice.

A story about those GREAT Colorado fans...my ex-boyfriend played for the Huskers 76-80...One of the years at Boulder he was in the end zone to catch a kickoff, he was tackled...he felt a searing pain in his side and thought "man he must've hit me just right." He stood up and there was a cigarrette sticking out of his jersey (remember the old jerseys? holes were bigger)...it obviously was thrown by a fan, and thrown just right.

I have a very hard time believing this. A cigarette weighs less than an ounce, and isn't at all aerodynamic... I mean, the fan would either need a strong wind behind him (unlikely since obviously this person would be standing in front of a 200ft tall facade regardless of where they were sitting), or there would have to be absolutely no wind whatsoever. In the second case, the cigarette weilding guy would have to be a master technician of the tobacco flicking arts... like one of those people that can dent a car door with a playing card.

It would seem a lot more likely that a fan could have dropped a cigarette onto the field (this was the 70's afterall, the earth was little more than the best ashtray money could buy), and ended up in your former beau's jersey by happenstance. The odds of something like that happening deliberately in an outdoor environment, especially from a distance of 20+ feet, are practically nil.

I had to take "the physics of cigarette disposal" during my sophomore year at CU, it's a prereq if you want to get into the advanced class, "modern applications of pulling women down flights of stairs and throwing bags of feces during and after intercollegiate athletic competitions".

Well, I believe him, he's a very honest and trustworthy person. Wouldn't make it up. And do you smoke? Have you ever tried "flicking" a cigarette at a target? I've seen it done before. Many times!! And maybe the person who flicked it at him was actually on the field...could've been a media member, or someone who had a pass to be on there...who knows. It also could've been thrown at him and became lodged when he was tackled. I just know I believe him!

Well, I believe him, he's a very honest and trustworthy person. Wouldn't make it up. And do you smoke? Have you ever tried "flicking" a cigarette at a target? I've seen it done before. Many times!! And maybe the person who flicked it at him was actually on the field...could've been a media member, or someone who had a pass to be on there...who knows. It also could've been thrown at him and became lodged when he was tackled. I just know I believe him!

Like I said before, no one's doubting that a cigarette did get lodged in your former boyfriend's jersey (well, maybe some people are, but that's not the point). What people are doubting is that someone deliberately flicked a cigarette at this guy and that cigarette miraculously wedged itself into his jersey by way of the momentum generated by this miraculous flick. While it's true that old jerseys had bigger holes in them, the holes were shaped like ovals, not circles, and certainly weren't a quarter inch in diameter at any point (the size of the end of a cigarette)... the likelihood that your former man piece fell on a lit cigarette and it stuck to him is INFINITELY more likely than your story about someone deliberately flicking it into a hole that's smaller than the cigarette that he flicked.

Anyone seen that episode of Seinfeld with Keith Hernandez? "That is one magic loogie..."

So are you going to be Jerry for us and get your pointer out and explain how that cigarette must have turned 90 degrees - in midair, mind you - while Kramer and Newman stand by, abashed? =D

Once again, sCrUmptious, I would repeat that several of us have seen cigarettes flicked quite a number of feet. They do fly, whether your personal experience says so or not.

On top of that, remember that back in the 1980s they wore shorter jerseys, so it didn't necessarily have to go through the breathing holes in the material. It could have gotten under the shirt.

The reality is that this could have happened. You and I think it's highly unlikely and that there are more probable explanations, but that's not proof.

It's possible. Just not probable.

And since it's possible, and we have no reason to think that Danielle is lying, I think we can probably give her the benefit of the doubt on this one.

At the end of the day it's not a big deal whether it was a cigarette or a pom-pom or an orange - we all know that stuff gets thrown on the field at games.

i am going to say it loud and clear, KU fans are the biggest bunch of jerks out there...obviously not all of them but a vast majority....

I see you've never been to a game in Stoolwa-er, Stillwater, Oklahoma.

As the Texas team and fans sang the "Eyes of Texas" after our win in Stillwater, they were pelted with botttles. One of our Cheerleaders was hit. Coach Brown said he's never seen anhything ike it before.

sCrUmptious! I thank you for keeping your cool and not insulting anybody on this board. I, as a Husker fan, have been to a few away games and hadn't have any problems except once in 1968 when my father's red was taken from him (Yes, I know that is mild in comparison to other things that have happened.) I have seen Husker fans acting like jerks before. Each fan base has a share of bad fans. I don't like it when Husker fans misbehave, and I don't like it when opposing fans act like jerks.

But respectfully, sCrUmptious!, you "come off" acting like Husker fans can do no right and nothing ever bad happens to them. And when something bad does happen, you think we are always exaggerating it. Yes, there are cases where you are right, but there are other cases where Husker fans are telling the honest truth, as are fans from other schools telling the honest truth. You act like CU fans can do no wrong, based on the fact that you never seen anything happen -- well among thousands and thousands of CU fans in Boulder, you cannot see everything that goes on. Like any other fan base, bad things happen, so don't tell me that tires have never been slashed in boulder. I acknowledge that tires have been slashed in Lincoln, as well as in Lawrence and Columbia.

Do you not believe the 14-year-old Husker fan got pushed by the KU fan? Do you not believe the 76-year-old Husker grandfather got punched by a KU fan? Please at least give those posters the benefit of the doubt. While some Husker fans are not objective, you are clearly not seeing things in an objective way and are being very bias against Nebraska fans. You are being a partisan CU fan and want to spin things to your direction. Again there are Husker fans who are guilty of that, too.

Come on, sCrUmptious!, there are so many message boards out there. There are fans from some of these boards that complain about treatment of fans from other schools. Have you been to every single board out there? Do you read every single thread? No, it is not just Husker fans. I have been to message boards before and read complaints about other fans. That's a very general statement you made -- not true at all.

Just realize we as Husker fans are not right about everything and you as a CU fan are not right about everything. There is not one side who is always right and one side who is always wrong. I honestly don't know what is going on your head and I am not here to insult you or to judge you, but you come off acting like one side is always right and the other side is always wrong. Try being more objective about this. I am certainly trying to be. The Missouri fan in this thread is being very fair. You are not.

Hey, sCrUmptious! Let's hope for a hard fought, clean game in Boulder, and Buff and Husker fans are at their best behavior. And if you see something bad happen, you can be the peacemaker. God bless. :)