Jim Rose-Football Announcer No Longer

TLS2

Saw this on KFAB online this morning:

http://www.kfab.com/cc-common/mainheadline...article=2889307

Rose Ends Football Broadcasts

Jim Rose announced Tuesday morning he would no longer be the play-by-play announcer for Nebraska Husker football games.

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

During Newsradio 1110 KFAB's "Good Morning Show," Rose explained that he is stepping down as the "voice of the Huskers" immediately. Rose has called the games for six years.

Rose said the job as the voice of the Huskers was rewarding, exciting and thrilling, but he had lost touch with important things in his life.

Saw this on KFAB online this morning:

http://www.kfab.com/cc-common/mainheadline...article=2889307

Rose Ends Football Broadcasts

Jim Rose announced Tuesday morning he would no longer be the play-by-play announcer for Nebraska Husker football games.

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

During Newsradio 1110 KFAB's "Good Morning Show," Rose explained that he is stepping down as the "voice of the Huskers" immediately. Rose has called the games for six years.

Rose said the job as the voice of the Huskers was rewarding, exciting and thrilling, but he had lost touch with important things in his life.

Dignity? :)

You think this is actually a firing? Think they are nailing him for the open-mic thing that happened a couple games ago? I hope that isn't the reason because he was just speaking the truth. I've never understood why radio/tv announcers for sports teams are always expected to be biased for the home team and not given the freedom to critisize.... doesn't make sense.. aren't they journalists? Perhaps they are more entertainer... I'd rather they are free to speak their minds than put on some fake crap.

I'd like to know the true story behind this one.

B

I hate to laugh at anyone losing their job, but this is almost getting comical. Everyone knows the entire coaching staff is gone, our AD is gone. It seems that anyone associated with the BC era is getting canned, right down to the waterboy. In ten years, if someone mentions BC's name in Lincoln, will you be arrested? I love it......we are going to totally erase the 4 years of the BC era and if anyone ever speaks of it they will be flogged.

You think this is actually a firing? Think they are nailing him for the open-mic thing that happened a couple games ago? I hope that isn't the reason because he was just speaking the truth. I've never understood why radio/tv announcers for sports teams are always expected to be biased for the home team and not given the freedom to critisize.... doesn't make sense.. aren't they journalists? Perhaps they are more entertainer... I'd rather they are free to speak their minds than put on some fake crap.

I'd like to know the true story behind this one.

B

I don't think it has anything to do with the open mic deal (though I have no proof), but it wasn't like he was letting F bombs fly or anything, he was just being critical of a very bad team.

Kevin Kugler is the obvious replacement.

Would be interesting. I think he has a pretty good gig with Westwood One right now. Every Saturday with Terry Bowden. Of course maybe the travel would get old.

Geez....should be an interesting show today. Tuesday press conference, Rose stepping down....I can't wait to hear what they have to say today on 1620.