Has anyone heard or brought up Craig Bohl as a potential canidate? Born in Lincoln. Played for Tom 77-79. 8 Years as linebackers coach at Nebraska. 3 Years as Defensive Coordinator. (95-96-97) I heard the Huskers were pretty good those years. Currently head Coach at North Dakota State. Has Built former Division II NDSU into a 1-AA Powerhouse in less than 5 Years. Has won multiple coach of the year awards and currently has the NDSU Bison ranked #1 in the nation for 1-AA. A little light on the experince side, but between running the Husker Defense during the championship years and building a D-II School into a 1-AA Powerhouse in less than 5 years, seems like the guy can get things done.

Has anyone heard or brought up Craig Bohl as a potential canidate? Born in Lincoln. Played for Tom 77-79. 8 Years as linebackers coach at Nebraska. 3 Years as Defensive Coordinator. (95-96-97) I heard the Huskers were pretty good those years. Currently head Coach at North Dakota State. Has Built former Division II NDSU into a 1-AA Powerhouse in less than 5 Years. Has won multiple coach of the year awards and currently has the NDSU Bison ranked #1 in the nation for 1-AA. A little light on the experince side, but between running the Husker Defense during the championship years and building a D-II School into a 1-AA Powerhouse in less than 5 years, seems like the guy can get things done.

OMG the humidity in Fla. must have clouded your memory.

...T_O_B

No way. If we get clubbed by Va Tech next year, Gill/Pelini/whoever will be cut some slack. With Bohl, we'll have flashbacks of the end of 2001. A new coach usually needs a grace period, Bohl won't get one. I don't care if Bohl takes over for Fat Chucky in South Bend and wins a national championship, I'd never look back and think he'd have been the right choice here.

Not sure where you got your info. Remember that Charlie McBride guy? He was DC through '99. Bohl's years as DC were '00-'02, and he sucked ass.

Are you insane? I understand that there may be some character issues there.