Jammal Lord Slam

Blackshirt

Saw this quote on ESPN. Pretty interesting. Maybe even some truth to it..

"Jammal Lord has the potential to be a terrific safety, maybe a good linebacker or even a decent running back. He also has the potential, as a quarterback, to get his coach fired."

- Al Carter, The Dallas Morning News

• Fire 1

• 7 years later...

"Jammal Lord has the potential to be a terrific safety, maybe a good linebacker or even a decent running back. He also has the potential, as a quarterback, to get his coach fired."

The thing is, Jammal Lord carried that offense on his back. The guy was a freak-of-nature athlete. But he was terribly underappreciated for his efforts.

• Fire 2

Jammal Lord was a better replacement for Eric Crouch, than Eric Crouch would've been for Eric Crouch.

:yeah

Jammal Lord was the only thing that offense had going for it. Does Al Carter think that because of Jammal Lord, we weren't able to take advantage of dynamic playmakers such as Josh Davis, David Horne, and Ross Pilkington?

Despite the negativity he got during his time at NU, i hope he knows that Husker Nation does appreciate his effort and talents he displayed while playing for the Huskers.

And for the record, Solich would've been fired nevertheless by Pederson, so i put Solich's firing on his head, not anyone on the team or the team as a whole.

The thing is, Jammal Lord carried that offense on his back. The guy was a freak-of-nature athlete. But he was terribly underappreciated for his efforts.

I'm glad someone agrees with me. Jamal Lord was an absolute stud that was just at Nebraska at the wrong time.

• Fire 2

I'm glad someone agrees with me. Jamal Lord was an absolute stud that was just at Nebraska at the wrong time.

I agree. He's one of the ultimate scapegoats for some "fans".

• Fire 1