lost in the shuffle

Travis9

I think something that has been lost in the shuffle yet needs to be addressed is the following:

We may think the coaches suck, we may think the schemes suck, we may think the ex-AD sucks but what about the players themselves?

They all had choices to make and they took the easy road. They quit in a sense, and to me that is unacceptable. I guess i should be more specific. Some of the players quit. They are the ones that have chosen not to give 100%, not to play with passion and fire. It is unfathomable to me, how this can happen. Like the coaches, trust the coaches, it shouldnt matter. shouldnt you have enough pride in yourself and the game of football to go out there and give it your all every play.

While i think there is plenty of blame to be heaped onto the coaches, the players are not unscathed.

on the collegiate level everyone is fast and strong.... so you need coaching to utilize that.... and when coaches literally coach the players out of the game they are definitely going to underperform....

Yes i saw a lack of desire out there by several players... and they don't get a free pass... but they get a half off ticket.

I think something that has been lost in the shuffle yet needs to be addressed is the following:

We may think the coaches suck, we may think the schemes suck, we may think the ex-AD sucks but what about the players themselves?

They all had choices to make and they took the easy road. They quit in a sense, and to me that is unacceptable. I guess i should be more specific. Some of the players quit. They are the ones that have chosen not to give 100%, not to play with passion and fire. It is unfathomable to me, how this can happen. Like the coaches, trust the coaches, it shouldnt matter. shouldnt you have enough pride in yourself and the game of football to go out there and give it your all every play.

While i think there is plenty of blame to be heaped onto the coaches, the players are not unscathed.

You think they would have "quit" if Pelini was the main man? I hardly think so. If indeed the players did in fact "quit" you can directly blame the worthless coaching staff in place. THEY are the ones who are supposed to motivate. THEY are the ones to inspire. THEY are the ones who are supposed to instill the idea that they can accomplish something special. This teams destroyed attitude is nobody else's fault but Callahan and his clueless assistants...Period :steam

The players have about as much to do with this as the coaching. They're quitters, by and large. In case you need more proof check the Kansas game. A few of the younger guys go out there, but the team itself has no identity, not an ounce of passion; they're lost and tired and they refuse to go out there and give it everything. All the negativity surrounded them has dug the whole deeper and they haven't responded with anything but one poor performance after the next.

This is precisely why we need a motivating coach, someone who can reach players like this or have them riding the pine while a walkon with heart sacrifices his body for the priveledge of being a Husker.

X

You think they would have "quit" if Pelini was the main man? I hardly think so. If indeed the players did in fact "quit" you can directly blame the worthless coaching staff in place. THEY are the ones who are supposed to motivate. THEY are the ones to inspire. THEY are the ones who are supposed to instill the idea that they can accomplish something special. This teams destroyed attitude is nobody else's fault but Callahan and his clueless assistants...Period :steam

Don't agree. The players have to have heart, have to have emotion. They are freaking football players for god sake. This season rests on both coaching and the players. The players should have some pride in who you play for and in themselves.

After all the players are getting their education paid for, food paid for etc. The players are not innocent in all of this, not by a long shot.

Bad coaches or not, our D-line is terrible and our LB's are soft (I'm excluding Brandenburg and Octo).

With every thing being said above, "who" put this whole team & staff together. That tells me that Callahan is not head coaching material. I don't think he will ever be given another chance at it either. There will be a coaching job out there for him but it will be as an assistant and it will have to come from a friend. He did more than just destroy this program.

GBR!!!

I believe we easily have the talent to be 8-2 or 9-1. Our coaches are not getting the most out of the talent we have, and they're not fielding the best talent we have. I have never seen anyone do nothing more than dive on a pile than McKeon, that's all he does, it's attitude. A good coach would have these guys knocking people around.