Why this win shows Callahan must go

i will probably catch hell for this, but i told you guys before the season started, cally and Sam's old man made a deal for the kid to start at NU this year, i still stand by that statement.......not that Sam was a bad choice, but this offense takes several years to understand and ganz has had a sh#t load of time to get it right.......still not the type of O you want a qb to have to struggle to understand.

After hearing interview's with Mike Keller, I firmly believe that. To me, it wasn't a race in the fall to see who would start this year, as Bill already had made a commitment. However, maybe it should have been.

i will probably catch hell for this, but i told you guys before the season started, cally and Sam's old man made a deal for the kid to start at NU this year, i still stand by that statement.......not that Sam was a bad choice, but this offense takes several years to understand and ganz has had a sh#t load of time to get it right.......still not the type of O you want a qb to have to struggle to understand.

After hearing interview's with Mike Keller, I firmly believe that. To me, it wasn't a race in the fall to see who would start this year, as Bill already had made a commitment. However, maybe it should have been.

Makes sense considering the Harrison Beck debacle. I always suspected that Callahan promised HIM the starting role, and that's why his mommy got mad.

If these thoughts are correct, it is just one more reason to show this guy the door. All anyone should be promised is a chance to compete, not a lock.

Destroys the morale of the team.

:bang

Makes sense considering the Harrison Beck debacle. I always suspected that Callahan promised HIM the starting role, and that's why his mommy got mad.

If these thoughts are correct, it is just one more reason to show this guy the door. All anyone should be promised is a chance to compete, not a lock.

Destroys the morale of the team.

:bang

ERIC CROUCH

What happens next year when we are running a new offense, one in which the new flavor of the month ( see Glenn, Castille, Adi, Octo, Thenarse, Dailey) for Husker fans Ganz can't run. What happens then? What if he plays the last few games of this year and never starts another game? What will people be saying?

Also the offense being run today was NOT the offense being run with Keller. 4 wide shotgun on every down. Also as far as Purify getting the ball more goes, KU & KSU are the first teams to not double team him since probably USC. It is no wonder that he has caught so many balls.

People can bash Keller all the want, however he made some throws that Ganz can't make. That is not a knock on Ganz that is just a fact. Also you can't tell me that if this was Keller's 4th year in the system his stats wouldn't have been better.

For the couple of goofs on here saying that they KNOW Keller was promised the starting job, please show me proof.

Of course there is no proof, That is like trying to prove what is at Area 51. Cally has his boys, and they will play. His boys may have better talent than some of the other choices, but when things aren't going well, it is time for a change, a spark, something different. BC risked getting keller hurt during the latter part of 3 blowout losses, instead of getting the backup some reps, just in case SK went down. SK did go down, and fortunately for us our back up is just as productive, if not more productive than the starter.

What happens next year when we are running a new offense, one in which the new flavor of the month ( see Glenn, Castille, Adi, Octo, Thenarse, Dailey) for Husker fans Ganz can't run. What happens then? What if he plays the last few games of this year and never starts another game? What will people be saying?

Also the offense being run today was NOT the offense being run with Keller. 4 wide shotgun on every down. Also as far as Purify getting the ball more goes, KU & KSU are the first teams to not double team him since probably USC. It is no wonder that he has caught so many balls.

People can bash Keller all the want, however he made some throws that Ganz can't make. That is not a knock on Ganz that is just a fact. Also you can't tell me that if this was Keller's 4th year in the system his stats wouldn't have been better.

For the couple of goofs on here saying that they KNOW Keller was promised the starting job, please show me proof.

LOL, seriously...LOL. :LOLtartar *I hate the acronym "L.O.L."--yet, I figured this is the only way to convey my opinion here.

Very few here have "bashed" Sam Keller. He had the support of 99.9% of the Nebraska fan-base to start the year. No one should be happy that Sam got hurt.

However, I'm also sure that 99.9% of the Nebraska-fan population were ready to give Ganz (or anyone else, for that matter) a shot at the point we had reached this season; we needed a change, man...of SOMETHING, something needed to happen...it just happened to be our starting QB position.

I hope that Sam Keller does great at the NFL combines...I would LOVE to see him playing on Sundays, and I think he will.

I don't see Joe Ganz as the savior of Nebraska Football. I do, however, see him as a positive change, and a leader. The players obviously rally around Joe Ganz. Period.

Newearthhusker, please stop drinking the koolaid!

Must be a woman because your reasoning is out of this world!

What in my response makes you think I'm drinking the "kool-aid"(another very tired expression)? dedhoarse Is it because I want proof that says Callahan promised the starting job to Keller? Or is it wondering what will happen to everyones favorite Husker of the moment? Or stating that fact that Keller can make throws that Ganz can't?(kind of like pointing out that Ganz is more mobile then Keller)

Thanks for calling me a woman, that is kind of like a Your Mamma joke. :moreinteresting:nanalama:ahhhhhhhh:bang:moreinteresting:dumdum:w00tchuckleshuffle:madash:hmmph:corndance:hellloooo:blink::dunno

This is why I say Callahan couldn't have written that game plan.... it LOOKED like a Tom Osborne plan to me..People think I'm being sarcastic when I say this but I really wouldnt be surprised to find out TO walked into Cally's office last thursday with a file folder, dropped it on his desk and said " You *WILL* run this plan Saturday." And then maybe even sat up in his sky box on a head set sending plays down in.

it just couldn't have been Callahan's gameplan could it? I mean, my God..it actually made sense!

The question is - does this mean we have a chance against CU?

I am sorry Keller got hurt, but I do believe that Callahan and Keller sr had an agreement, since word is they are friends. And as we have seen with Cosgrove, Callahan goes with friends over talent.

Apparently the complete change in play calling has NOTHING to do with offensive production.

Why would Callahan change now? He would never make adjustments in other games, could it be that Ganz was able to adapt? That the players (especially the seniors) were playing for themselves? Or was some one else calling the plays?

Apparently the complete change in play calling has NOTHING to do with offensive production.

This is a very good point and something I picked up on as well. The play calling has definitely improved. And receivers are finally running better routes, and the QB is finally getting more time to throw.

That's why it's so hard to compare, Ganz has come in under different circumstances than Keller had to play with through much of the season.

What I wanna know is...why the heck are these things surrounding Ganz finally happening now Why didn't they happen sooner?

Another nail in Cally's coffin, I suppose.

But what about the defense? Still gave up a pile of yards and showed little. At least it must have been a good all around show for the fans at the game.

Defense might have given up a bunch of yards, but it made some big stops, pressured Freeman, and helped the offense opened up the 38-10 halftime lead -- after that, it did not matter much -- game was over.

Great win and I happy for the seniors and Ganz.

Somehow I think some of the players were going after Freeman because he decided to bow out of a verbal to NU.

:bonez:bonez:bonez