What if TO screws up?

This is just something other than "coaching" speculation.....it is getting old.....so here it goes..

First, I love TO, named my son after him, and he is the reason I coach today.....now with that said, I am only putting this out here for debating sakes.....

What if TO brings in a guy (Pelini, Gill, ?) and during the next 2-4 seasons, the guy struggles to get Nu back on tract? Will everyone line up to lynch TO like they did Pud? If TO really believes in the new coach, will Husker Nation have the patience to give the man 4-6 years, even if we aren't going to bowls and losing to Big 12 rivals.....

I trust TO, and a change is needed, but my biggest fear as a life-long Husker is that NU is going to become a revolving door like Alabama...... Only if we could get lucky like OU did with Stoops....a guy who turned the program around and STAYED !!!!!

Just wondering if TO catches a break if he choses an unsuccessful coach?

This is just something other than "coaching" speculation.....it is getting old.....so here it goes..

First, I love TO, named my son after him, and he is the reason I coach today.....now with that said, I am only putting this out here for debating sakes.....

What if TO brings in a guy (Pelini, Gill, ?) and during the next 2-4 seasons, the guy struggles to get Nu back on tract? Will everyone line up to lynch TO like they did Pud? If TO really believes in the new coach, will Husker Nation have the patience to give the man 4-6 years, even if we aren't going to bowls and losing to Big 12 rivals.....

I trust TO, and a change is needed, but my biggest fear as a life-long Husker is that NU is going to become a revolving door like Alabama...... Only if we could get lucky like OU did with Stoops....a guy who turned the program around and STAYED !!!!!

Probably depends on HOW we win or lose.

Style Points will now be given if the players never quit or there's tangible proof we continue to improve and make halftime adjustments.

It's "More than Winning".

We, on this board, have already developed a method for handling that contingency:

(1) Fire the athletic director.

(2) Fire the head coach.

(3) Repeat until obscurity engulfs the entire program.

Last time I looked Steve Pederson had never coached a team to 25 straight years of no worse than 9 wins, won with three national titles and a few conference titles, all the while setting the mark for the nicest coach in all of college football. Had he done that, maybe Pederson would have had a bit more leeway.

Tom Osborne's Street Cred >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Steve Pederson's Street Cred

You're comparing apples and dirt clods, Hanc.

Probably. We gave TO 22 years. I think we are patient as long as we are constantly competing for the National title and continuously ranked in the Top 10. :)

Last time I looked Steve Pederson had never coached a team to 25 straight years of no worse than 9 wins, won with three national titles and a few conference titles, all the while setting the mark for the nicest coach in all of college football. Had he done that, maybe Pederson would have had a bit more leeway.

TO's street cred worked out well the first time with Solich. Oh wait...

knapplc......you didn't answer my question.....if TO names a coach who is not successful, how will Husker Nation react......

I am comparing AD to AD.......

I don't need a reminder on what TO means to the Program....... TO walks on water to me, so I know were I am coming from......just want opinions on how will he be viewed if "his" coach is another Frank....then TO is 0-2.....

Even after that debacle he still has plenty. You want to throw TO under the bus because Solich couldn't get it done? Go ahead. He's earned more respect from me than from you then.

Even after that debacle he still has plenty. You want to throw TO under the bus because Solich couldn't get it done? Go ahead. He's earned more respect from me than from you then.

I'm just stating that his only coaching decision has gone awry, You are awfully onrey tonight. And I have all the respect in the world for the guy, I'm just stating an opinion which you feel to attack, like you have attacked every elses that doesn't agree with yours...

explain to me how solich was such a bad hire? he went to the NC in 01.. he continuously won games.. he had one bad season.. but oh wait.. we still went to a bowl game and still kept our records alive.. TO thought that the people he had in staff positions were great at what they did.. it took the one bad year for Solich to get his own guys in there.. then he brought in people that got done what needed to be done (and looks like most people want bo back)

If TO brings in Bo or Gill, and they don't work out there's not to much anyone on this board can say. It looks like about 90%+, wants one or the other. I can here it now,"we were just throwing names out there, it's TO's job to pick the right one, what do we know".

Lets hope he is as good at evaluating coaches as he was at evaluating players. I for one think he will get the right guy.

GBR!!!