Question of running up the scor

Greetings..

I haven't posted many things but this came to my attention... I have a friend who has a son going to UNL... the report they gave him was that while on the sidelines last week several coaches came to Callahan and said aren't we up by enough??

Basically they were blown off and told to get out of the way...

late in the 4th quarter Dr. Tom sent the team Chaplain to Callahan with the message

"knock it off"

Moderators may move this to rumor but I was interested to see if anyone else had heard or witnessed this??

Greetings..

I haven't posted many things but this came to my attention... I have a friend who has a son going to UNL... the report they gave him was that while on the sidelines last week several coaches came to Callahan and said aren't we up by enough??

Basically they were blown off and told to get out of the way...

late in the 4th quarter Dr. Tom sent the team Chaplain to Callahan with the message

"knock it off"

Moderators may move this to rumor but I was interested to see if anyone else had heard or witnessed this??

No I didnt see or hear about that stuff on the sidelines but all BC was trying to do was show the world how great a coach he is and how his system works soooo frickin well... Basiclly working on getting some job offers.. Just shows he is an idiot

From the AP recap of the game:

Kansas State coach Ron Prince had no complaints about Callahan.

"It's his job to coach his team," Prince said. "It's my job to try and stop him."

I completely agree with Coach Prince here. The whole concept of "running up the score" should be abolished in football. If you put on pads and cleats you should expect to stop the guy in front of you. If you can't, they score. That's how the game is played.

I have no sympathy for anyone crying about their opponent scoring on them, whether it be NU against KSU or KU against NU.

Going for it on 4th and 20 when you're up 52 to 17... Running up the score? What a crazy idea.

The crowd was calling for it. I couldn't figure out what the south stadium was booing about, but then I realized they were saying "Gooooooo!" Not that the coach should follow the whims of the crowd, but how often has cally been cheered on this year? If he has adrenal glands, I'm sure they were trickling out a pleasurably flow of hormones.

I too have heard this rumor. I don't know if it's true or not but, it wouldn't surprise me if it was.

IMO BC was clearly trying to show the world "See, my offense does work". He should have called off the dogs in the 4th quarter. To constantly pass the ball like that was low-class IMO.

How many days until he's gone? 13? Thank goodness.

From the AP recap of the game:

Kansas State coach Ron Prince had no complaints about Callahan.

"It's his job to coach his team," Prince said. "It's my job to try and stop him."

I completely agree with Coach Prince here. The whole concept of "running up the score" should be abolished in football. If you put on pads and cleats you should expect to stop the guy in front of you. If you can't, they score. That's how the game is played.

I have no sympathy for anyone crying about their opponent scoring on them, whether it be NU against KSU or KU against NU.

:yeah

Going for it on 4th and 20 when you're up 52 to 17... Running up the score? What a crazy idea.

I have no problem with him going for it in that situation but keeping the first team in that long was going overboard. Let the kids that have been busting their ass all years as scrubs get a few plays in.

If I hadn't just attended the Kansas game the week prior, I would have just felt happy for the players. They had a lot of frustration to take out, and I'm sure it felt good.

However, there's no reason to go for it twice on fourth down during a drive where you are up 52-17. Furthermore, there's no reason to attempt a halfback pass in the same series. I agree, it's our fault we didn't stop Kansas, and it's K State's fault they didn't stop NU, but there are some play calls that are just unnecessary at certain points in the game (see also: Utah's onside kick in the 4th quarter, up 43-0).

Remember how dirty it felt when Pinkel called that fake FG? How about Mangino trotting his kicker out to attmept a near-50 yarder when he's already scored 69? I felt that was stupid politicking on their parts, and I feel the same way about Callahan putting Lucky in on 4th and 2 for a meaningless touchdown in the fourth quarter.

If I hadn't just attended the Kansas game the week prior, I would have just felt happy for the players. They had a lot of frustration to take out, and I'm sure it felt good.

However, there's no reason to go for it twice on fourth down during a drive where you are up 52-17. Furthermore, there's no reason to attempt a halfback pass in the same series. I agree, it's our fault we didn't stop Kansas, and it's K State's fault they didn't stop NU, but there are some play calls that are just unnecessary at certain points in the game (see also: Utah's onside kick in the 4th quarter, up 43-0).

Remember how dirty it felt when Pinkel called that fake FG? How about Mangino trotting his kicker out to attmept a near-50 yarder when he's already scored 69? I felt that was stupid politicking on their parts, and I feel the same way about Callahan putting Lucky in on 4th and 2 for a meaningless touchdown in the fourth quarter.

Ok field goals are different.. I mean if you can kick one I say go for it I dont care what the score is as long as there is more then 2 mins on the clock... The offense job is to score so kicking a FG is not as bad as a touchdown which I think Kansas was running up the score a little bit, but like some have said its the D's job to stop them an if they cant then so be it.. The guy sitting behind me at the game on Saturday wasent a big fan of the plays BC was calling in the 4th he didnt feel it was wise to do to KSU being they will rememeber this ass whooping but we both agreed bets are off if it was done to Colo they deserve everything we give them next week...