Question of running up the scor

I certainly think Callahan was running up the score. Going for it twice on 4th down with that lead is running up the score. Callahan has been kicked around by every Big 12 program that we hung 50+ on for the better part of 2 decades. Then he has to deal with a fan base that wants him drawn and quartered. I think he just couldn't help himself!

I also think that KU ran the score up on us.

..and in both cases I don't care. If you don't like it then stop someone.

As much as I despise CU "This isn't intermurals brotha, this is Big 12 football!!!"

Thanks for comments

I guess we can put this in the rumor heap....

I think the "knock it off" comment was to pull in the dogs... let the lower strings play and to STOP passing..

it was also given for a reason as to why Callahan bolted so quickly and appeared so sullen at the press conference...

with the offense that he has put in place though, if you put in the lower strings.. why not keep passing and give them in game experience with what they need to learn?

although, since he's done after the season.. system may not matter.. oh well.. who cares.. its ksu

From the AP recap of the game:

Kansas State coach Ron Prince had no complaints about Callahan.

"It's his job to coach his team," Prince said. "It's my job to try and stop him."

I completely agree with Coach Prince here. The whole concept of "running up the score" should be abolished in football. If you put on pads and cleats you should expect to stop the guy in front of you. If you can't, they score. That's how the game is played.

I have no sympathy for anyone crying about their opponent scoring on them, whether it be NU against KSU or KU against NU.

I agree w/ prince in a way, but BC was out of line in a couple of areas. Continually throwing the ball late in the 3rd quarter and nearly halfway through the 4th. Don't we have a running game to practice on. Last I checked it hasn't been stellar. Ganz played way too long. Get Davis a shot, one hit and Ganz could be out too. Putting Lucky back in during the 4th quarter to score the td. Let the young guys try to score, sit the starters and save them for the next game.

It was a great win, and we finally came out of our shell, but lets not be stupid about it and get someone hurt unnecessarily hurt. But I love to see us kick the SH!T out of KSU

"It's his job to coach his team," Prince said. "It's my job to try and stop him."

I completely agree with Coach Prince here. The whole concept of "running up the score" should be abolished in football. If you put on pads and cleats you should expect to stop the guy in front of you. If you can't, they score. That's how the game is played.

I have no sympathy for anyone crying about their opponent scoring on them, whether it be NU against KSU or KU against NU.

I agree w/ prince in a way, but BC was out of line in a couple of areas. Continually throwing the ball late in the 3rd quarter and nearly halfway through the 4th. Don't we have a running game to practice on. Last I checked it hasn't been stellar. Ganz played way too long. Get Davis a shot, one hit and Ganz could be out too. Putting Lucky back in during the 4th quarter to score the td. Let the young guys try to score, sit the starters and save them for the next game.

It was a great win, and we finally came out of our shell, but lets not be stupid about it and get someone hurt unnecessarily hurt. But I love to see us kick the SH!T out of KSU

I thought it was great how the coaching staff protected Bowman from getting hurt and letting the younger guys play the whole game! :sarcasm

If You are going for it on 4th and 20...you're either extremely desperate for a first down or you don't care if the other team gets the ball back...its not running up the score

And the *way* it was picked up... if K-state can't stop a QB scramble (if I'm remembering it right), they deserve to have that 4th and 20 picked up!

Greetings..

I haven't posted many things but this came to my attention... I have a friend who has a son going to UNL... the report they gave him was that while on the sidelines last week several coaches came to Callahan and said aren't we up by enough??

Basically they were blown off and told to get out of the way...

late in the 4th quarter Dr. Tom sent the team Chaplain to Callahan with the message

"knock it off"

Moderators may move this to rumor but I was interested to see if anyone else had heard or witnessed this??

I don't believe it.

Greetings..

I haven't posted many things but this came to my attention... I have a friend who has a son going to UNL... the report they gave him was that while on the sidelines last week several coaches came to Callahan and said aren't we up by enough??

Basically they were blown off and told to get out of the way...

late in the 4th quarter Dr. Tom sent the team Chaplain to Callahan with the message

"knock it off"

Moderators may move this to rumor but I was interested to see if anyone else had heard or witnessed this??

I don't believe it.

i don't believe it either. give me a break.

agree, running Lucky down their throats was more dangerous for us than to them! not a smart move by cally at all.

Honestly? Even if we invite a bad 1-AA team here to pick up a check and give us an easy W, it would be OK to score 120? I agree in this case, because K-State is a D1 team that takes football seriously.

I think when a team goes out and doesn't put forth any effort, the coach wants his team to see what can happen if they just go through the motions. Prince was probably happy we gave his players a lesson. I thought he halfback pass was a little much though.

Actually, when MU went for the fake field goal I felt a little sorry for Pinkel that he needed that to feel good about himself. Perhaps he's compensating. Can't he just buy a Ferrari instead.

quess beig up 52-17,, well... this is football in college, not sensitive high school..., and i really don,t like that every coach has to be careful on runnng up the score..you can run up the score with the second team in there. i agree. running up the score out to thrown out the window... but i really believe most good coaches will substitue early to let others have some playing time....at least i would if i was the chief.

Honestly? Even if we invite a bad 1-AA team here to pick up a check and give us an easy W, it would be OK to score 120? I agree in this case, because K-State is a D1 team that takes football seriously.

I think when a team goes out and doesn't put forth any effort, the coach wants his team to see what can happen if they just go through the motions. Prince was probably happy we gave his players a lesson. I thought he halfback pass was a little much though.

Actually, when MU went for the fake field goal I felt a little sorry for Pinkel that he needed that to feel good about himself. Perhaps he's compensating. Can't he just buy a Ferrari instead.

OK, OK - you could probably come up with half a dozen caveats to my statement. You get the gist of what I'm saying though, and that's the main thing. Any BCS school, if that makes the statement more palatable.

I had to laugh when the crowd started chanting "We want 80!" I think it was definately a moral booster for the guys considering how hard this season has been on them. I see no problem with what happened just like I can understand why Mizzou and KU ran the score up as well. They were taking out frustration on us for all the years we did it to them. I don't agree with Ganz and Co. still being in there at the beginning of the 4th quarter though.