Black Jerseys

AWFUL

Are you serious?? that would be freaking sweet. I think it would look so awesome, in some youtube video it shows Benard Thomas after a sack and the creator of the video made his jersey turn from red to black and it looked awesome. I think this would kinda give our team a defensive mind set also with the blackshirts tradition.

Wow. OK. Yes I am serious. I don't know what people's fascination is with black but.

NEBRASKA WILL ALWAYS BE SCARLET AND CREAM. PERIOD. END OF STORY. DONE.

I'm really glad you thought it looked pretty cool in a YouTube video but I think it would look putrid. You think people complain about broken tradition now? Holy sh#t!

no not always orginally we were black and gold.

True. The Old Gold Knights way back in the day.

Nobody's every going to change their views on this. The more it gets brought up the more the "Traditionalists" are going to bag on new ideas. The more it gets brought up the people who crave something new are going to bag on those who refuse to change. I, personally don't think there is a problem with change...but just my opinion. After all, the field used to be grass...which was slow and had poor footing. Then it was astro-turf...which supposedly caused more knee/ankle injuries and was sure to remove a layer of skin every time you fell on it. Now it's field-turf...which will get little rubber pieces in your eyes and mouth.

Oh yeah...and just FYI for all that hate changing anything traditional...the stadium has changed a little over the years too:

Before

GYMFSZNGKTBBUEG.20030718163250.jpg

After

memorial1.jpg

While I agree with the idea behind your post, I think your examples don't serve the point. The grass was changed out of necessity, so was the stadium.

And how in the name of everything holy is wearing a dumb black jersey going to fix it? If they wear black to satiate all of the mouth breathers of Huskerland who think that blackouts are cool and boogers taste good is the team suddenly going to go 11-1 every year?

I will never understand why people cannot see that Nebraska does not need to invent its own tradition or invest in crappy gimmicks. It has never worked. See the Nebraska "alma mater" song circa 1996-2001. Or perhaps the abortion of a tunnel walk this year. Hell, the school just canned the athletic director who want to change up tradition.

For the loud, annoying minority that want this to happen, find a way to write it into your Xbox and marvel about how bitchen it looks over a cool glass of Sunny-D. I hate you all.

Sorry. Can't quite point out exactly where I said that black jerseys would fix it. Maybe it's a hidden message. I was just referring to the team (not the jerseys) overall that is broken....it needs fixing. But I know, you have your fanbase that enjoys your mini-psychotic episodes....go ahead and please them.

I also like how some favorites on this board are allowed to bash others and claim their hatred for them and don't get reprimanded for it. It's kind of like a clique in junior high school. I get along and can respect what most of you say. But some of you 'long-timers' overstep your bounds and are un-amazingly allowed to continue with it. I don't care actually, they are thoughts and ideas and words. They open up more and more conversation, opinions and discussions. My only point is that what is good for one is good for all.

Funny that a discussion about the color of a shirt brings out the best in all of us.

Close this thread so we can bring it up again in 4 weeks just before the bowl game.

While I agree with the idea behind your post, I think your examples don't serve the point. The grass was changed out of necessity, so was the stadium.

Really? We HAD to change the grass? Funny, what surface does Notre Dame play on? Or USC? Or THE Ohio State University? Also, if I remember correctly, there was a HUGE divide when we switched from the original Field-Turf to the Mulit-Stripe Turf. Some thought it was 'cool' and 'innovative' while others thought it was stupid and didn't look like a traditional field. Hmmm....guess those major divides in personal preference and opinion eventually seem to slip away and nobody really remembers those. That's OK Dave. We know you're right. I'm just glad that I'm not the only one that is speaking up from being embarrassed by how much more rational, intelligent and sophisticated you are that the rest of us. Mod or not. You are a hipocryte on the standard of how you should speak to others and bashing others views.....

....patiently waiting for my punishment.

Watching Georgia come out in black jerseys got me wondering how the Huskers would look with "black shirts". I think it would be cool to see the Huskers wear black every once in a while.

They should never, ever even think about wearing black anything, except maybe shoes, until that defense plays like it's supposed to. To wear black and then get blown out of the stadium would make a laughing stock out of the players who would then be looked upon as a bunch of fools...Take it from Zac, to hell with the black... :madash

Really? We HAD to change the grass? Funny, what surface does Notre Dame play on? Or USC? Or THE Ohio State University? Also, if I remember correctly, there was a HUGE divide when we switched from the original Field-Turf to the Mulit-Stripe Turf. Some thought it was 'cool' and 'innovative' while others thought it was stupid and didn't look like a traditional field. Hmmm....guess those major divides in personal preference and opinion eventually seem to slip away and nobody really remembers those. That's OK Dave. We know you're right. I'm just glad that I'm not the only one that is speaking up from being embarrassed by how much more rational, intelligent and sophisticated you are that the rest of us. Mod or not. You are a hipocryte on the standard of how you should speak to others and bashing others views.....

Jesus Christ dude, I was just pointing out what I thought about your examples. You'd think I just killed your god damn dog.

How the hell am I am hypocrite? The guy asked what everyone thinks about black uniforms. I posted that I think they are dumb and that the teams colors will always be scarlet and cream. What the hell is so hypocritical about that? I used the word 'dumb'? I used caps to convey my point? Ooooh sorry. I'll make sure to tone it down a but so I don't get accused of being hypocritical.

People's inability to handle sarcastic tone in type does not result in me being a hypocrite.

red is still the primary color of the team, being on the road doesn't change that

Back in the 80s we wore all red vs OU, and they wore crimson shoes.

That was one of the ugliest uniforms I ever seen, and the minute they came out in those, I knew that they would lose.

Do they change the Red N to black on the helmet to? Could keep that uniform and call it the dark ages.

red is still the primary color of the team, being on the road doesn't change that

Back in the 80s we wore all red vs OU, and they wore crimson shoes.

That was one of the ugliest uniforms I ever seen, and the minute they came out in those, I knew that they would lose.

Do they change the Red N to black on the helmet to? Could keep that uniform and call it the dark ages.

I'f they ever would wear black jerseys, Id like to see red pants, and white helmets with red N.

Jesus Christ dude, I was just pointing out what I thought about your examples. You'd think I just killed your god damn dog.

How the hell am I am hypocrite? The guy asked what everyone thinks about black uniforms. I posted that I think they are dumb and that the teams colors will always be scarlet and cream. What the hell is so hypocritical about that? I used the word 'dumb'? I used caps to convey my point? Ooooh sorry. I'll make sure to tone it down a but so I don't get accused of being hypocritical.

People's inability to handle sarcastic tone in type does not result in me being a hypocrite.

I know. It's the way many of us take it...it could never be the way you put things. It's our inabilities and deficiencies. Not your close-mindedness. Once again. You are right. Ironically though you seem to be one of, if not the only MOD, that multiple members of this board have a problem with. Members can and will have problems with members, thats a given. But for more than a handful to get tired of one of the MODS popping off....well....dare I suggest it isn't a coincidence.

I've said my piece. Take it for what it's worth. Use it to learn from, or use it to wipe your a$$. I don't have a problem with you personally, hell you could be my friend or relative....it is the anonymous internet after all. Just know I'm not an ignorant, name-calling moron who's only option is to call someone an 'f-ing retard' as my only argument. I'm done with this...at least until that nerve feels a twinge again.

K...I'm off to to see what immature jokes I can make on another thread to try and lighten the subject. As that is only one of the skills in life that I have been given. To be immature and make light of a variety of subjects.

Like this:

sCrUmptious! Posted Today, 10:46 PM

QUOTE(DaveH @ Nov 15 2007, 09:23 PM)

While I agree with the idea behind your post, I think your examples don't serve the point. The grass was changed out of necessity...

Is this the part where I get to make a joke about cheerleaders eating grass?

You are right sCrUmptious....our 'hefty' cheerleaders do eat grass. But they do it for nourishment. The CU cheerleaders eat grass to try and mask the taste of sucking a$$ for so many years.

(Just in fun kids....) ;)