Black Jerseys

I think that would be cool and i think the B****** of memorial stadium would be cool if people would stop being so stubborn about it.

I'd participate in a B****** if it wasn't 97 degrees and humid as all get-out. Sitting in the North Stadium with that sun blazing down on you is pretty uncomfortable if you're wearing black.

Maybe in November - IF it's cloudy.

All of these items will get you flogged repeatedly.

You know Bill, some of us like getting flogged repeatedly.

Didn't you ever watch Exit to Eden?

:)

Why do people always want to mess with tradition? Nebraska is scarlet & cream and should never be anything but.

Now I would like to see us go back to the jersey with shoulder stripes and the old fashioned numbers. Black shoes with white laces too.

No black ever, end of story period. Only Scarlet and Cream. :sarcasm

I think black would look stupid......however......

I think an all white road uni like Texas has would be awesome.

White helmets.....white jerseys.....white pants.....white socks......white shoes......MONEY!

Perhaps you don't remember losing in Ames in 1992 wearing all white. I think that idea can stay retired.

I also remember coming back from 31-14 at halftime at Texas A&M to win 38-31 in 2002 in all white . . . I don't know, I think changing the uniforms around for a game every couple of years wouldn't be such a heinous crime.

How about all red???? When was the last time. 1987. But we lost to OU at home. When the team came out, the fans went nuts.

Nebraska wore all all-red vs Oklahoma in 1986.

It wasn't a big surprise to the fans they took warm-ups in the all red...they really couldn't pull a "Notre Dame" since the pads in the pants would have to be transfered.

I don't have a problem of trying something else.

It just seems everytime we vary from the norm...we lose.

This goes back years...

1965 regular season unbeaten...wore red pants on the road.

Wore all-white in the Orange Bowl vs Alabama. Lost 39-28.

1966 regular season...wore number decals on the helmet.

Changed to the "NU" in the Sugar Bowl vs Alabama. Lost 34-7.

1981 regular season...wore grey facemask on the helmet.

Change to red facemask in the Orange Bowl vs Clemson. Lost 22-15.

1986 seniors vote to wear all-red vs Oklahoma. Lose 20-17

1990 regular season unbeaten...wore red pants on the road.

Wore all-white vs in the Citrus Bowl vs Georgia Tech. Lost 45-21

1992...strange year. Nebraska was going to go to an all-white road uniform.

Lost to Washington. Struggled at Missouri, gave up 434-yds passing, but won. Lost to Iowa St. (How do yu explain that?!)

Went back to red pants vs Oklahoma and drilled the Sooners 33-9.

2002, another "all-white" year. Finished 7-7.

There are a couple of exceptions...

In the 1974 Cotton Bowl and the 1980 Sun Bowl...

"NEBRASKA" was on the front chest, above the number.

Similiar to an Oklahoma style-jersey.

Nebraska won both of these games.

I dont know why there are so many people on this board who think it would be such a bad idea to wear black jerseys every once in a while. No body is staying we should where black ever game and should change out school colors to grey and black. Of course NU is scarlet and cream and will always be that and i for one do not want to see that change, but you cant tell college kids wouldnt jump at the chance to change things up a little wear black jerseys. The kids would love it and i guarentee you that tunnle walk would be one of the most passionate tunnel walks ever.

However i dont think we should do this for the CU game next week, or even do it next year, cause our defense is not even close to as intimidating as they should be and need to earn the right to wear blackshirts in practice before they get the right to wear them in a game.

However in a few years when the new coach restores NU football to where it should be, i think it would be awesome to wear black jerseys at a home game against say a K-State, I-State, or Colorado ( a team that is somewhat of a rival) as long as we are big favorites and there is no chance of us getting embaressed.

Its not like we a destroying the Scarlet and Cream or trying to seperate ourselves from tradition, it would simply add to tradition and add more prestige of the Blackshirts.