Black Jerseys

Nobody's every going to change their views on this. The more it gets brought up the more the "Traditionalists" are going to bag on new ideas. The more it gets brought up the people who crave something new are going to bag on those who refuse to change. I, personally don't think there is a problem with change...but just my opinion. After all, the field used to be grass...which was slow and had poor footing. Then it was astro-turf...which supposedly caused more knee/ankle injuries and was sure to remove a layer of skin every time you fell on it. Now it's field-turf...which will get little rubber pieces in your eyes and mouth.

Oh...and here's a black jersey. Just remove the blackshirt logo and just put a number and that's what it would look like.

Mesh-blkshrt-lrg.jpg

What a dumb idea to wear black. It would be like Penn State coming out in purple.

Makes ZERO sense.

If it was some gay color like Purple or Orange i would say the same thing, this is a bad idea, but its not jsut a gay color, it is the most intimidating color. can someone tell me a color that is more intimidating than black? Also if Penn. St. came out in purple they would just be reffered to as the "purple poeple eaters" so of course thats a bad idea

It would confuse us. Would we stil yell "Go Big Red!"?

Dont we still yell "Go Big Red" when we are away and wearing our white jerseys?

Ha! That's a good one. I can already hear the wheels in the mind trying to come up with a rational retort. All that's going to come out is something like "Well it's still a stupid idea".

Nobody's every going to change their views on this. The more it gets brought up the more the "Traditionalists" are going to bag on new ideas. The more it gets brought up the people who crave something new are going to bag on those who refuse to change. I, personally don't think there is a problem with change...but just my opinion. After all, the field used to be grass...which was slow and had poor footing. Then it was astro-turf...which supposedly caused more knee/ankle injuries and was sure to remove a layer of skin every time you fell on it. Now it's field-turf...which will get little rubber pieces in your eyes and mouth.

Oh yeah...and just FYI for all that hate changing anything traditional...the stadium has changed a little over the years too:

Before

GYMFSZNGKTBBUEG.20030718163250.jpg

After

memorial1.jpg

Ha! That's a good one. I can already hear the wheels in the mind trying to come up with a rational retort. All that's going to come out is something like "Well it's still a stupid idea".

Black is one of Georgia's school colors, why would Nebraska wear black? I guess when you start losing you will do anything to look tougher! The red and white looked pretty tough when folks were rolling from the 60's to 00.