Chris Petersen

I am real impressed with this guy. Have no clue if he will be considered. Or if he would even want to interview. I have been impressed ever since the Fiesta Bowl. Havent heard much talk about him on the board.

Some highlights:

Career Record: 22-1

Pts game: 42.8

Pts allowed: 18.7

Total offense: 482.0

Total defense: 299.6

Pass yards game: 276

Rush yards game: 205

Only coach to win 13 games in his first season as a Division I coach.

Beat OU (against a healthy Adrian Peterson) in Fiesta Bowl. Finished season undefeated.

Won the Paul “Bear” Bryant Coach of the Year award (2006).

Offensive Coordinator at Boise State (2001-2005).

Has a Psych degree, and a masters degree in Educational Psychology.

Boise State plays undefeated Hawaii against that insane passing attack in Honolulu, Friday night at 9pm. It will be interesting to see if he can figure out how to slow it down.

Chris Petersen Bio

Peterson is getting a fair amount of talk for the UCLA-job, him and Leach.

Hawkins is working with the results of a transition-class and the date-rape-scandal classes. Not much talent there. He'll improve IMO.

Plus Peterson was the guy running the offense that has been destroying for the last several years. He was a big reason Hawk was winning at Boise.

Peterson is getting a fair amount of talk for the UCLA-job, him and Leach.

Hawkins is working with the results of a transition-class and the date-rape-scandal classes. Not much talent there. He'll improve IMO.

Plus Peterson was the guy running the offense that has been destroying for the last several years. He was a big reason Hawk was winning at Boise.

Good points about Hawkins. As much as I despise Colorado, I love Hawkins, and only wish we could have someone like him here. The guy is a hell of a coach, and a riot to listen to (he was great on Unsportsmanlike Conduct today). He's already got CU headed in the right direction, and, I imagine, will have them turned around in pretty short order.

well shoot if Leach is lookin to leave texas Tech then maybe we should try for him, would need an excellent Defensive coordinator to go with him but ya gotta love what Leach has done with Tech's offense. Anyway back to Petersen, I'm on the Turner Gill bandwagon , but i def. wouldnt mind Petersen!

No way in hell Osborne would hire Leach, but it would certainly be interesting.

Yah it's definately a wacky division. With Petersen as the Husker's coach, you could expect that extra "umph" against OU and CU. Petersen beat Stoops and coached under Hawkins. I find that interesting.

I wouldn't be upset if he was our next coach. We would definitely need to bring in a good DC with him so it just depends.

The guy that was there before Hawkins didn't do so well at ASU and if you ask me the jury is still out on Hawkins. So if you ask me it is a crap shoot with this guys. This guy is a good coach however I would like to see him beat another top team. OU last year was a good win but all of his other wins are against not very good teams. I like the offense though.

I am real impressed with this guy. Have no clue if he will be considered. Or if he would even want to interview. I have been impressed ever since the Fiesta Bowl. Havent heard much talk about him on the board.

Some highlights:

Career Record: 22-1

Pts game: 42.8

Pts allowed: 18.7

Total offense: 482.0

Total defense: 299.6

Pass yards game: 276

Rush yards game: 205

Only coach to win 13 games in his first season as a Division I coach.

Beat OU (against a healthy Adrian Peterson) in Fiesta Bowl. Finished season undefeated.

Won the Paul “Bear” Bryant Coach of the Year award (2006).

Offensive Coordinator at Boise State (2001-2005).

Has a Psych degree, and a masters degree in Educational Psychology.

Boise State plays undefeated Hawaii against that insane passing attack in Honolulu, Friday night at 9pm. It will be interesting to see if he can figure out how to slow it down.

Chris Petersen Bio

:bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo:bonez

Herbstreet on ESPN Radio says Peterson is an offensive stud

...T_O_B

:bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo:bonez

I've only watched 2 of their games. The bowl game last year against OU who didn't have a very good offense and the game this year against Nevada. His team did give up 67 points to that juggernaut Nevada team I believe in Boise. It will be interesting to see if he has a shootout with Hawaii as well. I don't know about any of you, but I don't want to have to win shootouts. I'll take 10-0 anyday over 56-48. I think for the next coach to be successful here, he will have to be a defense first type coach.

I've only watched 2 of their games. The bowl game last year against OU who didn't have a very good offense and the game this year against Nevada. His team did give up 67 points to that juggernaut Nevada team I believe in Boise. It will be interesting to see if he has a shootout with Hawaii as well. I don't know about any of you, but I don't want to have to win shootouts. I'll take 10-0 anyday over 56-48. I think for the next coach to be successful here, he will have to be a defense first type coach.

Like Auburn? Where scoring 17 points is a good day? And having to depend on defense, special teams, and field position? That's NFL stuff. I like scoring. I like defense too. So then I guess I like the best of both worlds.

I do agree that defense is HUGE and we need it here big time.