What this season has taught me...

huskerhaze

1. It is a lot easier to be a GREAT Nebraska fan when your team is Great (or at least above average).

2. When you live outside the State of Nebraska people still realize what you are going through, but the don't understand it!

3. Many people will jump ship and bag on their alma mater....but I won't. GO BIG RED and lets go get them next year!!

I live in Socal,

I drive a Sierra 3500 dually with Huskers on the back window. The whole back window. I wear a Husker sweatshirt or Tee every game day.

Today I talked to a USC fan, that said he admired me for supporting my team now. I said I have been doing it for nearly 50 years, some good some bad, but not as bad as this year. I take the good with the bad. He commented on how most SC fans just started being a fan, and really had no idea of what it was about.

It made me feel good that I was out there when our team was losing and still supported them like I did when we were the SC of the world.

We will get back, we just have to believe.

Show your colors every single time you can. Never give up. There is no place like Nebraska and there are very few fan bases like them. BE PROUD.

I live out here in West Texas. As I was rasing my "N" flag this morning an old man drove past my house and stopped. He rolled down his window and stated....."Every Saturday I drive by your house and see you hoist your Nebraska flag. I admire your love for your team and no matter what these other Texans may say to ya, you keep hoisting that flag every Saturday. It's not always about the wins and losses, but the love for your school and state." He then drove off. That two minute conversation I had with that man really put things in perspective.

1. It is a lot easier to be a GREAT Nebraska fan when your team is Great (or at least above average).

2. When you live outside the State of Nebraska people still realize what you are going through, but the don't understand it!

3. Many people will jump ship and bag on their alma mater....but I won't. GO BIG RED and lets go get them next year!!

:yeah

I'm so sick of this crap about people "jumping ship." What do you want? Huh? Would you explain what you want people to say when they talk about the season or specific games like the one today. I don't want any of that "support the team" or "be a true fan" or anything. I want actual, specific things you'd like us to say when the team does record-breakingly bad. Should we not point out specific bad things.

I'm authentically baffled by what people are thinking when they say to "stand by your team" or things like that but they just say them as empty phrases that are repeated over and over again. They're vacuous phrases that don't actually signify any particular utterances. What sort of dialog should we be having here? I love NU as much as it is reasonable to, but I don't want people just saying nice, friendly things.

I'm so sick of this crap about people "jumping ship." What do you want? Huh? Would you explain what you want people to say when they talk about the season or specific games like the one today. I don't want any of that "support the team" or "be a true fan" or anything. I want actual, specific things you'd like us to say when the team does record-breakingly bad. Should we not point out specific bad things.

Is it really that hard to understand the difference between piling on and constructive criticism? If you truly want an example of constructive criticism, watch a link from today's press conference, and listen to the things Tom Osborne was saying about the team.

1. That pride comes before the fall. I knew that ... and now I see it here at Nebraska. We've been blowin' hot smoke for a few years ... and it finally caught up to us.

2. It all starts with a leader who can recruit, then coach, then motivate his team.

3. That the Husker program truly might not be great again ... that I might have to accept that.

Mark

1. That pride comes before the fall. I knew that ... and now I see it here at Nebraska. We've been blowin' hot smoke for a few years ... and it finally caught up to us.

That isn't accurate. We have had one of, if not THE finest college football program anywhere, ever! We will be back because we now have the right man leading the program. :angry: