BOISE ST COACH

I can't recall this guys name but he has his team playing agressive and together every game.

Crisp offensive and defensive plays.

Peterson-- hes the man. I wish he wanted to come here. I am afraid his agent would not want him to be wasting his time here and hold out for something bigger and better. I think this is one of the candidates that will make us relevant again. I hope he would at least speak to TO about the job. I am curious to all the people who are and aren't interested in our program. Just like to get a feel for how we are viewed outside of the border.

I can't recall this guys name but he has his team playing agressive and together every game.

Peterson-- hes the man. I wish he wanted to come here. I am afraid his agent would not want him to be wasting his time here and hold out for something bigger and better. I think this is one of the candidates that will make us relevant again. I hope he would at least speak to TO about the job. I am curious to all the people who are and aren't interested in our program. Just like to get a feel for how we are viewed outside of the border.

[/quote

He would have a good recruiting base on the west coast and draw some from the mountain region.

Taking away from Colorado and hawkins.

Peterson would be great. But it is a pipe dream. Boise State is a much better place to be right now and if we wants a move up to a big conference program he should wait for a more competitive program to open up. Only insane $$$ will draw a proven coach here. The position, on its own merit, is not attractive. The NU coaching position at this time, in this context, is not a top 10, a top 20 or even probably a top 25 position. People will not be beating down the doors to come to a fringe top 40 program with fans who think (and thereby demand) the the program still be the top 3 program that it once was.

Peterson would be great. But it is a pipe dream. Boise State is a much better place to be right now and if we wants a move up to a big conference program he should wait for a more competitive program to open up. Only insane $$$ will draw a proven coach here. The position, on its own merit, is not attractive. The NU coaching position at this time, in this context, is not a top 10, a top 20 or even probably a top 25 position. People will not be beating down the doors to come to a fringe top 40 program with fans who think (and thereby demand) the the program still be the top 3 program that it once was.

so everyone, don't bitch when we are looking at Pelini and Gill.....that may be the best we can realistically expect.

I do not get where people seem to think the NU job isnt a desirable one. This IS one of the only FOUR programs in the history of the game with 400 wins. It has the support of the entire state, which means fans and money(NU is in the top 3 in the conference in spending on athletics). The one and only thing NU doesnt have is a large recruiting base in state. This is one of the best jobs in college football, you are insane if you think it isnt.

I do not get where people seem to think the NU job isnt a desirable one. This IS one of the only FOUR programs in the history of the game with 400 wins. It has the support of the entire state, which means fans and money(NU is in the top 3 in the conference in spending on athletics). The one and only thing NU doesnt have is a large recruiting base in state. This is one of the best jobs in college football, you are insane if you think it isnt.

I think you meant 800 wins. There's plenty of teams with 400.

No reason why any coach that wants to advance his career wouldn't consider NU. No reason at all.

We just fied a coach that showed loyalty. Graduated athletes, ran a clean program. Dealt with problems fairly. He is gone, rightfully so no question

We have booed our team/coach. Something very rare at Nebraska, just basically since our carosel started turning.

We have fans threating coaches lives.

And AD that state he felt in all his time here a losing season would get him fired and he is doing the hiring.

In the middle of frippen nowhere with less than desireable winters. No beach, no mountanins, high humidty.

We are going to be hard pressed to get a top coach to come here.

The stakes are too high now. We fired a 9-3 coach went in the toilet and now who ever comes here knows the patience level. Why would a successfull coach at another program come here. As far as fam support it would be a step down.

We will settle and I mean that derogatorily for a middle level coach. We are not in the hunt for anyone that is proven. Rodriquez would die laughing if asked I am sure. Meyer knows the level of our talent, he turned his dream job down due to talent level.

We truly have nothing to offer but our supoort and trust me the coaching community knows what it has been like the last couple of months.

The best we could hope for is Grobe, Johnson or Glenn, I would honestly be surprised if any accepted other than Glenn. But we have hurt our reputation the last two months.

Trust me they are not going to be knocking down the door, they were not the last time.

Yes is it would be a great job if the guy could come in and win instantly, a lot like SC I think. But the chances of that are slim to none.

Get ready to ride the merry go round guys. Where it stops no one knows.

We just fied a coach that showed loyalty. Graduated athletes, ran a clean program. Dealt with problems fairly. He is gone, rightfully so no question

We have booed our team/coach. Something very rare at Nebraska, just basically since our carosel started turning.

We have fans threating coaches lives.

And AD that state he felt in all his time here a losing season would get him fired and he is doing the hiring.

In the middle of frippen nowhere with less than desireable winters. No beach, no mountanins, high humidty.

We are going to be hard pressed to get a top coach to come here.

The stakes are too high now. We fired a 9-3 coach went in the toilet and now who ever comes here knows the patience level. Why would a successfull coach at another program come here. As far as fam support it would be a step down.

We will settle and I mean that derogatorily for a middle level coach. We are not in the hunt for anyone that is proven. Rodriquez would die laughing if asked I am sure. Meyer knows the level of our talent, he turned his dream job down due to talent level.

We truly have nothing to offer but our supoort and trust me the coaching community knows what it has been like the last couple of months.

The best we could hope for is Grobe, Johnson or Glenn, I would honestly be surprised if any accepted other than Glenn. But we have hurt our reputation the last two months.

Trust me they are not going to be knocking down the door, they were not the last time.

Yes is it would be a great job if the guy could come in and win instantly, a lot like SC I think. But the chances of that are slim to none.

Get ready to ride the merry go round guys. Where it stops no one knows.

damn skers, if i didn't know better i would say you haven't taken your meds in the last few days?

granted, this is not going to be easy, that is a given. but this place was great before, had great coaches, great players. no, it won't be easy, but it can be rebuilt again, slowly, one brick at a time.

TO is back at the helm again and i am sure he will be as selective and careful as he can be picking the new HC and the AD, when the time comes. in the mean time, like it or not, we have changed the guard and it has to be for the better, TO sure didn't want to do it, but in his heart he knew it had to be done.

i prefer to think the glass is still half full. let's see what we can get for a coach and see how things change in the weeks and months ahead. this job will be viewed as an opportunity by someone and a good one.

of all the places in the Big 12, NU has the tradition and history of a premier facility. we have the new facilities and fan base still, to bring this program back to an acceptable level. time to be optimistic and find a new partner to take us to the dance. head up, chest out and move forward, no time to grovel now.