Jim Rome mentioned Bill Cowher as being interested in the NU job. At first the idea seemed ludicrous, but the more I think about it, the more I like it. He would definitely have the D playing mean and aggressive, and emphasize a power running game. Also, I think his reputation would help him be a great recruiter. I would be very surprised if he is truly interested, but if so I think he would be a great hire.

why would he be interested? NFL jobs are sure to open as soon as the season's over (Baltimore, San Francisco, etc.)

I know it is highly unlikely...just stating what I had heard. What if he was interested in coaching the college game? Would he be a good fit for the Huskers?

Screw that you can't mix oil and water crap.....it's Bill f'n Cowher..... Pete Carroll's oil mixed okay with water..... Okay.... I understand, I don't want another pro coach either...just givin' crap....but I am a life-long, die-hard STEELER FAN !!!! who was extremely pissed when Bill retired...

talk about a guy with passion !!!!!! He would have kicked the sh#t out of 3/4 of those lazy LB's and DE's....

I hope that plane TO is on is headed east tomorrow to see Cowher !!!

Screw that you can't mix oil and water crap.....it's Bill f'n Cowher..... Pete Carroll's oil mixed okay with water..... Okay.... I understand, I don't want another pro coach either...just givin' crap....but I am a life-long, die-hard STEELER FAN !!!! who was extremely pissed when Bill retired...

talk about a guy with passion !!!!!! He would have kicked the sh#t out of 3/4 of those lazy LB's and DE's....

My feelings wouldn't be hurt if he got the job.

I would welcome him with open arms.

He knows football period. He has won the Super Bowl. Represented on of the top teams in the sport.

Pete Carrol is a Pro Coach. He seems to have figured it out pretty quickly.

Cowher could draw recruits to Nebraska.

Pelini won't. Gill won't.

He is a high profile coach with a great success story.

But my guess is is that it is all a bunch of hooey, just like the signe Pelin deal I have heard about now for 3 weeks.

Jim Rome mentioned Bill Cowher as being interested in the NU job. At first the idea seemed ludicrous, but the more I think about it, the more I like it. He would definitely have the D playing mean and aggressive, and emphasize a power running game. Also, I think his reputation would help him be a great recruiter. I would be very surprised if he is truly interested, but if so I think he would be a great hire.

I assume you simply forgot to insert this at the end of your post: :sarcasm

Bill has won the Super Bowl.

He can go to any team he wants tomorrow. If he wants to coach college it is for a reason.

Pete Carrol is in paradise. He has complete control over the program, selects his players and danmed near as many as he wants. Does not have worry about huge ego's and salaries.

A perfect retirement job for a successful coach. Still in the business, considered a god if he wins and gets to look at all the hotties running around campus.

I doubt that any of it is possible, but I think he would be here for awhile if he actually came. End of tour regin. He is a young man, a lot of money for half the headaches if he can make it fly.

:bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo:bonez

Wasn't a rap on Cowher at all man. Just pro coaches as a group.

I understand your spot man I couldn't believe he left the Steelers either though it does seem that Mike Tomlin is doing a good job.

GBR

...T_O_B

:bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo:bonez

See Charlie Weiss and Billy C. :angry: Carroll is just 1 of a very few who was able to make the transition smoothly.

Oh....don't compare Cowher to BC and Weiss....HE would eat those two cream puffs for lunch and spit them out as he is chewing Corey McKeon's and Bo Ruud's lazy a$$....Ha Ha...

I know.... I really don't want a "pro coach" either..... I just don't want Bill to coach another NFL team...Just as Chuck Knoll, Cowher will always be a STEELER to me and I can't even dream of him on another NFL sideline......so , just to make MY DREAM world right, he needs to roam the NU sidelines for the next 20 years...