The Search is Over!

Well, I can confirm from eyewitness reports (mine) that neither Bo Pelini nor Turner Gill were at Starbucks getting coffee this morning.

There you go. The first absolutely solid info in this thread. :thumbs

Cute. And I can confirm that I found no flights from the Buffalo area to either the Lincoln airport or the Millard Airport from yesterday or today on FlightAware.com. Ofcourse, TG could have flown in on a commercial flight. And if they are announcing but not introducing BP, he would not be up here. He would be fulfilling his obligation to LSU (SEC championship game).

It is not the fans so much in BR as it is the Administration. From the info that I get from Josh, the fans absolutly love the guy. But the Administration at LSU thinks he is too crass and does not like his attitude.

And he does not get along to well with Miles

As much as I hate to disagree with "Josh" ( :wtf ), mosey on over to your favorite LSU message board. A random sampling will tell you that around 80%-90% of LSU fans want Nebraska to hire Pelini just to take him off of their hands. Fans are even offering to drive Pelini to Lincoln. Pardon me if my Bogasm is becoming impotent.

Sorry, Josh White, Associate AD and Director of Compliance. Just sharing what I have heard

Well, I can confirm from eyewitness reports (mine) that neither Bo Pelini nor Turner Gill were at Starbucks getting coffee this morning.

Cute. And I can confirm that I found no flights from the Buffalo area to either the Lincoln airport or the Millard Airport from yesterday or today on FlightAware.com. Ofcourse, TG could have flown in on a commercial flight. And if they are announcing but not introducing BP, he would not be up here. He would be fulfilling his obligation to LSU (SEC championship game).

What about from Florida? He was to be recruiting in Florida yesterday?

Here's the bottom line.

If GILL is named coach, we will be fine. He has great leadership qualities and the players will definitely rally behind him. However; he will need a wiz at OC and DC. If he has the right assistants, Gill may well lead us back to dominance. Gill is the steady-hand, the rock.

If PELINI is named coach, we will be fine. The defense will almost assuredly be back on track to dominance, and we will need a wiz at OC. He has shown a tendancy to be a bit emotionally volatile at times, but I still think the his emotionally charged coaching may be great, especially for our defense.. but there is a chance that it will blow up. Pelini is more risky IMO.

Either coach would be fine with me, they both have their strengths and their weaknesses. I think that Pelini would be the more risky hire, but we certainly wouldn't be giving up 40+ or 60+ or 70+ to anyone ever again. Gill is more of a steadying influence like TO was, and with the right assistants could lead us back to prominance.

So anti-Gill people and anti-Pelini people. Please, step back take a bit of an objective look, and you have to see the strengths and weaknesses of both candidates. The main concern here is going to be getting the right assistants in place.

Here's the bottom line.

If GILL is named coach, we will be fine. He has great leadership qualities and the players will definitely rally behind him. However; he will need a wiz at OC and DC. If he has the right assistants, Gill may well lead us back to dominance. Gill is the steady-hand, the rock.

If PELINI is named coach, we will be fine. The defense will almost assuredly be back on track to dominance, and we will need a wiz at OC. He has shown a tendancy to be a bit emotionally volatile at times, but I still think the his emotionally charged coaching may be great, especially for our defense.. but there is a chance that it will blow up. Pelini is more risky IMO.

Either coach would be fine with me, they both have their strengths and their weaknesses. I think that Pelini would be the more risky hire, but we certainly wouldn't be giving up 40+ or 60+ or 70+ to anyone ever again. Gill is more of a steadying influence like TO was, and with the right assistants could lead us back to prominance.

So anti-Gill people and anti-Pelini people. Please, step back take a bit of an objective look, and you have to see the strengths and weaknesses of both candidates. The main concern here is going to be getting the right assistants in place.

Amen!

Exactly. I mentioned in an earlier thread that there was a flight from the Fulton County airport to West Palm Beach, FL yesterday afternoon, for whatever it's worth. That flight should still be up on FlightAware.com.

Where in Fl? I show a flight from Orlando (KMCO), that is the only one that came in yesterday. None so far today.

Exactly. I mentioned in an earlier thread that there was a flight from the Fulton County airport to West Palm Beach, FL yesterday afternoon, for whatever it's worth. That flight should still be up on FlightAware.com.

And where did it come from before arriving in GA? As I said on another post, only one flight from FL to KLNK was from Orlando, yesterday.

I'm having a hard time understanding what he has done that is so great that would automatically give him the Husker job? I'm sure he's a nice guy and all, but he better have really good assistants to get it done here. Also, most kids are going to say.......................who???

He graduated from Nebraska, that's ALL he has done that puts him in the running for this job.

You might be surprised to find out that Gill actually coached at Nebraska during their dynasty years. But that experience probably has no significance.

:sarcasm

Ya, QB coach, woopty do, if he was an OC on those teams then I'd be impressed, otherwise it isn't impressing.

You're right. We need someone who's been an OC. Hey, Bill Callahan was an OC for a number of years, and he's been in the NFL! We better move fast before someone else beats us to him.

El oh el! :lol:

Where in Fl? I show a flight from Orlando (KMCO), that is the only one that came in yesterday. None so far today.

Look at departing flights. Remember that Gill postponed his end-of-year press conference because he's still out of town; so it would make sense that he went back to Florida to resume recruiting.

I guess all of this is pointless since we know for certain that Gill is getting interviewed. The only question is whether it has already happen yet.

Look at departing flights. Remember that Gill postponed his end-of-year press conference because he's still out of town; so it would make sense that he went back to Florida to resume recruiting.

I guess all of this is pointless since we know for certain that Gill is getting interviewed. The only question is whether it has already happen yet.

Three interviews already happened. Gill, Pelini and Grobe. This has been reported somewhere already, there is a thread on it.

http://www.huskerboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=23047

I am just saying, I don't know that any announcement will happen today. An announcement naming Bo would be just that - he would not be up here till after the SEC game. And there is no sign of Turner in the area. The only hint that it could be Turner is the delaying of his weekly press conference indefinately. It will be interesting to see if anything comes out today, but I am not counting on it.

Whoever it is, I will give my support to the new HC when he is announced.

:bonez:bonez:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore

I WILL NOT be happy if it's Turner Gill!

Why? He'll do fine.

Because T.O.'s last homeboy hook-up didn't exactly go swimmingly.

Turner Gill is a very different person than Frank Solich. I honestly believe that Turner will do very well.

:restore:restore

Yes, he talks about God WAAAAY more and probably won't knock up a UNL track athlete, but seriously folks, is this the best guy for the job? Maybe he's the only one that was interested.

All I know is that I'm going to be a whole lot more skeptical this time around than the last time.

Jeeeeze! How many illegitimate children does Fearless have running around out there? Apparently he's made them with a track athlete, a cheerleader, a secretary, and a HS student.

I am just saying, I don't know that any announcement will happen today. An announcement naming Bo would be just that - he would not be up here till after the SEC game. And there is no sign of Turner in the area. The only hint that it could be Turner is the delaying of his weekly press conference indefinately. It will be interesting to see if anything comes out today, but I am not counting on it.

Whoever it is, I will give my support to the new HC when he is announced.

:bonez:bonez:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore

Dang it! They need to make an announcement so we can all go back to work and be productive.