Osborne hits recruiting trail

DaveH

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=1200...;u_sid=10195288

Pretty bright if you ask me. The guy is doing everything he can to keep this program together. Including going out into kids home to recruit. Apparently now that we are down a coach, all he had to do was pass an NCAA test to be allowed to recruit as a coach.

GO T.O!

hmmmm..wonder if he goes back to Gray, Gabbert and Robinson? that would be where i would start, but maybe he has other ideas. would be nice to hear some info on who actually gets a visit. probably have to start another post in rumorville just to cover this topic......lol

Pretty bright if you ask me. The guy is doing everything he can to keep this program together. Including going out into kids home to recruit. Apparently now that we are down a coach, all he had to do was pass an NCAA test to be allowed to recruit as a coach.

GO T.O!

hmmmm..wonder if he goes back to Gray, Gabbert and Robinson? that would be where i would start, but maybe he has other ideas. would be nice to hear some info on who actually gets a visit.

:yeah

GO T.O!

hmmmm..wonder if he goes back to Gray, Gabbert and Robinson? that would be where i would start, but maybe he has other ideas. would be nice to hear some info on who actually gets a visit.

his first job should be talking to the local kids. okafor and robinson.

GO T.O!

his first job should be talking to the local kids. okafor and robinson.

That is the way he recruits and he made that clear in the press conference the other day that you have to get the local kids and then move outside. However, I do hope that he pays a visit to Gray and Robinson. I am thinking Gabbert is out since BC is gone. I know the other two are probably going to go with Gabbert. TO out on the recruiting trail just makes me even happier. He has the program's best interest in mind and will bring a lot of class to the homes he visits.

I feel so comfordable with TO handling all this. The coaching search... I have my own opinion, yes, but whoever TO decides I think is the right choice.

And reading that he is visiting recruits just further tells me that he knows what he is doing. He is a smart person, and is great for this program.

So he said he will hit the recruiting trail on Thursday and Friday. So what does that mean, if anything, about the timeline for the coach search? Would he need to put the search on hold to go recruit for those days? Does he plan on having the search completed by that time? These were the first questions that popped into my head when I read TO's comments.

So he said he will hit the recruiting trail on Thursday and Friday. So what does that mean, if anything, about the timeline for the coach search? Would he need to put the search on hold to go recruit for those days? Does he plan on having the search completed by that time? These were the first questions that popped into my head when I read TO's comments.

It's possible he'll be able to pitch the new coach to the recruits by then.

I heard Sean Calahan on the radio saying that he's going to specifically talking to in-state kids. Collins Okafor is one that has said he hasn't been contacted since the coaching shake-up and is starting to get concerned.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the Huskers will have a new head football coach this weekend.

Brian Rosenthal from LJS wrote, "One player told me that Osborne didn't name any candidates in the coaching search, and would only say that a coach may be hired by this weekend."

How cool would it be to have CBS talking about our new head coach (and showing him on the sidelines) throughout the SEC Championship Game?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the Huskers will have a new head football coach this weekend.

Brian Rosenthal from LJS wrote, "One player told me that Osborne didn't name any candidates in the coaching search, and would only say that a coach may be hired by this weekend."

How cool would it be to have CBS talking about our new head coach (and showing him on the sidelines) throughout the SEC Championship Game?

Neither Georgia nor Wake Forest are in the SEC title game, silly buns!