LSU fans seem pretty happy

LSU fans are whining because McFadden just ran away with their National Championship. Not to mention, they strike me as the kind of USC team mold. In Nebraska we don't particularly want a well-polished penny as our head coach. We want a guy that has our defense munching on gravel, an offense that smacks you in the mouth, and an aura of champions about them. If he's got trophies already in his case, fine. But it starts with attitude. Pelini's interests me...a lot.

LSU fans are whining because McFadden just ran away with their National Championship. Not to mention, they strike me as the kind of USC team mold. In Nebraska we don't particularly want a well-polished penny as our head coach. We want a guy that has our defense munching on gravel, an offense that smacks you in the mouth, and an aura of champions about them. If he's got trophies already in his case, fine. But it starts with attitude. Pelini's interests me...a lot.

VERY well said. I couldnt agree more.

I could not care less what LSU Fan thinks of our team or our coach.

Near as I can remember, most of the nation thought we were idiots for keeping Tom Osborne as long as we did.

Seems like he turned out OK.

Are you sure it turned out OK? He DID lose 3 total games in his last 5 years coaching.

Near as I can remember, most of the nation thought we were idiots for keeping Tom Osborne as long as we did.

Are you sure it turned out OK? He DID lose 3 total games in his last 5 years coaching.

Right. Steve Pederson would have fired him for that kind of mediocrity! :)

I remember times when my family would argue about whether TO should be kept as the HC because we did not win national titles. In the end it seemed that patience was a virtue, but a very trying one. Atleast, TO knew that if he did not post winning seasons he would lose his job, unlike the clown we just got rid of. I hope he makes the expectations very clear to the new coach - no sacrificing the season just because you have a style that doesn't work with the current team.

:restore

Oh, and teach those boys how to tackle again.

:restore:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez

It doesn't matter what coach we hire. Some people at his old school will be happy and others angry. Same thing with the fans in Nebraska; some happy and some not so much. Personally I am happy. I want Pelini to return to NU. This is nothing against Gill. He will always be one of my favorite Huskers and maybe one day he will be our head coach, but at this time I just don't think he's ready. I really don't think being a head coach at a MAC school equates to being a coordinator at a big time school like Nebraska, Oklahoma, and LSU. Just my thoughts, so don't beat me up for it.

Having said all that, I really hope we all get behind Pelini and support him. I would hate to see people picking him apart for every little thing. In order for the program to return to greatness we need a coach who enjoys his job and Husker Nation.

LSU knows championship coaches becasue they have had one this century. Love Saban or hate him he has won one and would have won more if he did not try to go to the I-AA Dolphins. LSU wanted no part of Pelini and we will all find out why in year 3. CU and Mizzu will now own the North for the next 10 years IMO.

TO is not a GOD. He has made mistakes before and he has just made a big one today if all these rumors are true. This is the same TO that supported the Pederson hire if I am not mistaken. Look how that turned out.

Sorry to say we are done as a progam for the next 10 years.

LSU knows championship coaches becasue they have had one this century. Love Saban or hate him he has won one and would have won more if he did not try to go to the I-AA Dolphins. LSU wanted no part of Pelini and we will all find out why in year 3. CU and Mizzu will now own the North for the next 10 years IMO.

TO is not a GOD. He has made mistakes before and he has just made a big one today if all these rumors are true. This is the same TO that supported the Pederson hire if I am not mistaken. Look how that turned out.

Sorry to say we are done as a progam for the next 10 years.

How thoughtful.