Ar Husker fan....... please don't send me on a scavenger hunt... I am not being "sarcastic", but I really would like to know what Bo has done too instill such a deep hatred...... Bo is not my first choice either, but I can't wait for next season.....

Please shed some light, without making me sort through 1000000000 Bo posts-links....

Exactly.

I'm not sure why it's important to anybody - it's his choice. However, he disliked the fact that Bo bad-mouthed NU to recruits after he was not hired (at least two reported in the press of it), is temper (going after Snyder), the "holding NU hostage over the Florida Three" issue.

He has quite a list. Regardless, he feels that Bo does not embody the ideals of Nebraska or those in which he believes.

How about we let it go? At the end of the day, it doesn't matter. He's been a helluva guy on the Board. When we played USC two years ago, he threw the entire damn tailgate for all Husker fans.

It's his decision. Let him make it, and let's try and show some of the class for which we're known.

Ar Husker fan....... please don't send me on a scavenger hunt... I am not being "sarcastic", but I really would like to know what Bo has done too instill such a deep hatred...... Bo is not my first choice either, but I can't wait for next season.....

Please shed some light, without making me sort through 1000000000 Bo posts-links....

Exactly.

I saw that he made a few posts about how the program would suffer through NCAA recruiting infractions with Pelini at the helm. The overall discipline of the team would suffer and we'd have numerous "run-ins" with the law by players.

He didn't point to any evidence to support that... but those were some of the statements he posted.

Houston, we have a problem. For someone that is 63, he sure has a short memory. I am only 38 and I seem to remember the last few years under TO, (especially the 95 season) we had numerous players in trouble with the law. It was so bad that even Jay Leno was cracking jokes about it. He said that Nebraska had to forgo any away games because the players couldn't leave the state. Under his logic, he should have quit being a fan over 12 years ago. Wait a minute, maybe, just maybe it wasn't TO's fault that some of the players were bad apples (though very talented). That must be why he didn't leave then. So, he is going to shoot Pelini before anything has even happened, nice.

I think it is funny when one guy says he isn't going to support the Huskers because we hired Pelini he gets made fun of and his "fanness" gets questioned. However when people were saying they weren't going to support the team until Callahan and Staff were gone they were celebrated. Also people bolted when Pud fired Solich now they are probably coming back which if you ask me is lame.

I have my doubts about Pelini but it doesn't mean I'm not going to cheer for him. Also what happens if in 4 years we are still stuck where we are now will the wolves come out calling for their Idols head? Just wondering.

I think it is funny when one guy says he isn't going to support the Huskers because we hired Pelini he gets made fun of and his "fanness" gets questioned. However when people were saying they weren't going to support the team until Callahan and Staff were gone they were celebrated. Also people bolted when Pud fired Solich now they are probably coming back which if you ask me is lame.

I have my doubts about Pelini but it doesn't mean I'm not going to cheer for him. Also what happens if in 4 years we are still stuck where we are now will the wolves come out calling for their Idols head? Just wondering.

I've always had the upmost respect for skersfan...up until here, just make me question him. I won't say anything else, enough has been said and he deserves better. His choice to leave is just that...HIS choice. With that I bid you farewell repected poster, i wish you the best and hopefully you can return very soon.

but when you come back I think the handle formerfanV2.0 is available. I'm joking, but best wishes

I don't "know" skersfan in the least - but I know the Huskers. If he's been a fan this long, he isn't really going to stop now. His blood is Red just like everyone else's.

He may have good reasons for being upset with Pelini, but my crystal ball says he'll still be a fan. Maybe he won't come back to Huskerboard - guys come and go from message boards all the time as their interest levels in the boards go up and down - but I would bet you he'll be around come April watching that Spring Game, and come September he'll be watching the Huskers take the field.

Let's let him go with all understanding, and welcome him back with open arms "when" he comes back.

If you want to leave we cant stop you. Bo might of snubbed nebraska but look what nebraska did to him. Fired his mentor then sent him packing wouldnt you be alittle peeved. Anyone who is trying to steel recruts from oposing teams is going to use alittle ribbing and bashing. And will all respects bo was probally right. Might of said in 2003 that nebraska is going to be down and out in 4 years and ohhh wait look here we are. Sounds like you are a great guy and a great loyal husker fan. Why would you want to quit now when things are starting to look up. After the last 4 years under callahan you leave now when theres some light at the end of the tunnell. Im not saying bo is the final answer but hes the gd liferaft hold whats left of this team upright. I was for gill, he was the essence of what weve had ofer thelast 30plus years but its not his time. Someday maybe but not now. Embrace what we have and lets get back to what this team is here for.

Kickin A** and Takein Names

Ben

If you want to leave we cant stop you. Bo might of snubbed nebraska but look what nebraska did to him. Fired his mentor then sent him packing wouldnt you be alittle peeved. Anyone who is trying to steel recruts from oposing teams is going to use alittle ribbing and bashing. And will all respects bo was probally right. Might of said in 2003 that nebraska is going to be down and out in 4 years and ohhh wait look here we are. Sounds like you are a great guy and a great loyal husker fan. Why would you want to quit now when things are starting to look up. After the last 4 years under callahan you leave now when theres some light at the end of the tunnell. Im not saying bo is the final answer but hes the gd liferaft hold whats left of this team upright. I was for gill, he was the essence of what weve had ofer thelast 30plus years but its not his time. Someday maybe but not now. Embrace what we have and lets get back to what this team is here for.

Kickin A** and Takein Names

Ben

Hey, I'm not crazy about the Pellini hire, either, or the way that it happened . . . but I'm on board, now. I'm a homer when it comes to the Huskers. I liked his presser yesterday, and he seems to have a real passion for NU football. That can go a long way.

The ultimate success/failure of the HC depends upon the quality of the assistant coaches, IMO, so we will have to wait until that fills out. It's good that Pellini has a good grasp of defensive football; we really lacked that in the last few years. The former DC was a large part of Callahan's undoing.

So, from now on, I am a Pellini backer. And in four years, I will probably be berated on this board when everyone wants to see him fired--and I will be one of the few that continue to support him.

We need continuity, that's all. I think that Solich could have succeeded, and I think that Callahan would have worked out, too, given enough time. Continuity of staff is key.

GBR

I don't "know" skersfan in the least - but I know the Huskers. If he's been a fan this long, he isn't really going to stop now. His blood is Red just like everyone else's.

He may have good reasons for being upset with Pelini, but my crystal ball says he'll still be a fan. Maybe he won't come back to Huskerboard - guys come and go from message boards all the time as their interest levels in the boards go up and down - but I would bet you he'll be around come April watching that Spring Game, and come September he'll be watching the Huskers take the field.

Let's let him go with all understanding, and welcome him back with open arms "when" he comes back.

:yeah

Exactly.

I'm not sure why it's important to anybody - it's his choice. However, he disliked the fact that Bo bad-mouthed NU to recruits after he was not hired (at least two reported in the press of it), is temper (going after Snyder), the "holding NU hostage over the Florida Three" issue.

He has quite a list. Regardless, he feels that Bo does not embody the ideals of Nebraska or those in which he believes.

How about we let it go? At the end of the day, it doesn't matter. He's been a helluva guy on the Board. When we played USC two years ago, he threw the entire damn tailgate for all Husker fans.

It's his decision. Let him make it, and let's try and show some of the class for which we're known.

AR..

Not sure what you mean by ""holding NU hostage over the Florida Three" issue.

"..Since the search isn't working here, Mebbie I'll try to google it..Hey..Worked for me one other time on this board.

'Skers fan..Living out here in the Valley of the Sun, I still hope we can have a beer together (Or Diet Lime Coke at our age) sometime.

You and I disagreed on the Keller issue, but I really do appreciate your insight and will miss your sometimes opposing viewpoints..I initially stayed away from Husker boards because I feared it would just be a lot of "Yes Men" blindly following anybody just because they were in charge.

Thank you for helping me see other points and hope to see you back.

Exactly.

AR..

Not sure what you mean by ""holding NU hostage over the Florida Three" issue.

"..Since the search isn't working here, Mebbie I'll try to google it..Hey..Worked for me one other time on this board.

'Skers fan..Living out here in the Valley of the Sun, I still hope we can have a beer together (Or Diet Lime Coke at our age) sometime.

You and I disagreed on the Keller issue, but I really do appreciate your insight and will miss your sometimes opposing viewpoints..I initially stayed away from Husker boards because I feared it would just be a lot of "Yes Men" blindly following anybody just because they were in charge.

Thank you for helping me see other points and hope to see you back.

When Pelini was here before, he was recruting three players from Florida who all eventually went elsewhere. According to skersfan, Peleni made some statement that indicated that if Nebraska wanted those kids, they'd better hire him as head coach.

I have no idea of the validity of that. I'm simply paraphrasing what skersfan has stated. However, he has met with Pelini before, and he is wired into the program (or was).

Regardless, I'll repeat what I've said. Bob (skersfan) is a good guy. He feels that Pelini doesn't represent the values that he associates with the Huskers. That's his decision. I hope he returns to the fold, but he lives by a very honorable code that developed from growing up in Nebraska and in the Marine Corp.

I just hope that members of the Board will respect his decision, wish him well, and welcome him back if he decides to return. In other words, let's show that class for which we are known.

Thanks AR..

I won't get into the silly "True Fan" debate other than to say, "This Husker Fan will not turn his back on another Husker Fan (Past OR present).

If the above is true about Bo, I'm not that surprised..He probably is more apt to admit something like that where as most coaches would just think it.

As far as telling recruits we were on a downslide after Pederson took over, I'm not sure I didn't feel the same way at the time..I still couldn't help but root for us though...Shoot..I'd even root for us if Lou Holtz, or Switzer was our coach.