assistant coaches

Looks like Pelini will have several Nebraska guys on the staff, so hopefully this rests the minds of those saying Pelini isn't a Nebraska guy.

From journalstar.com:

Pelini to be announced NU coach at 4 (updated)

A news conference will announce LSU defensive coordinator Bo Pelini as Nebraska’s new head football coach at 4 p.m. today.

The announcement will take place on the sixth floor of Memorial Stadium.

Before the announcement, players will meet with Pelini.

Pelini’s LSU team just won the SEC title Saturday with a 21-14 win over Tennessee.

The announcement comes eight days after Bill Callahan was fired after four seasons.

Four years ago, when Steve Pederson was looking to replace Frank Solich and chose Callahan, the search took 41 days.

Pelini, who will turn 40 in 11 days, served as a defensive coordinator at Nebraska in 2003. It will be his first head coaching job.

Two sources told the Journal Star that former Husker assistant Ron Brown will definitely be part of Pelini's Nebraska staff. Marvin Sanders is also in town and will be part of the staff.

Past interviews indicate that other leading candidates to be part of Pelini’s staff at Nebraska would include Carl Pelini and Barney Cotton. It also seems likely that current assistant Shawn Watson could be on the staff.

The Huskers ranked 11th in total defense and led the country in turnover margin the season Pelini served as defensive coordinator.

The year before Pelini arrived, Nebraska ranked 55th in total defense. The year after he left, the Huskers ranked 56th.

When Solich was fired after the 2003 regular season, Pelini served as interim coach for Nebraska in the Alamo Bowl. The Huskers won the game 17-3 and fans chanted "We want Bo!" as the team left the field.

http://www.journalstar.com/blog/huskers.php

carl is Bo's brother here is some info on him

http://ohiobobcats.cstv.com/sports/m-footb...ini_carl00.html

I am not sure if we should have all NU guys, it would be great for us but for people outside of NE it might not be, we should get the best avalible whether they have coached at NU or not. Watson is so much better than what Cotton was I hope we don't take him back

Let me just say........... I am not convinced about Bo, but he has me ready to run through a wall....and I am only 155 pounds, so make it a thin wall........

but, if he indeed keeps Watson as OC, and Brown on staff and my main man Marvin Sanders as DC..... I will be in Husker Heaven....This would be a great, great staff...with just those3 guys , plus Bo.

Marvin and Ron are damn good coaches and good role-models for the kids. It would be good to see them back.

would Ron leave FCA? and who is carl pelini?

Ron brown was part of FCA when he was a coach. He said he would be interested in coaching at Nebraska the other day and it's up to God to decide.

Carl Pelini is BO younger brother and works under Solich.

I sure hop Ron Brown comes back. I was involved in FCA in high school and have heard him speak a few times. He is a great person, motivator, and coach. He would be an unbelievable role model for the players and a great recruiter that parents would trust. I hope to see him on the sidelines next year!!!

Marvin and Ron are damn good coaches and good role-models for the kids. It would be good to see them back.

would Ron leave FCA? and who is carl pelini?

Ron brown was part of FCA when he was a coach. He said he would be interested in coaching at Nebraska the other day and it's up to God to decide.

Carl Pelini is BO younger brother and works under Solich.

sure unless things have changed since I moved to Iowa, Ron was the state director of the nebraska FCA.

I sure hope Cotton is coming back as the OL and nothing more then that. He is a very good OL coach however he is a very average to below average OC.

I love the Marvin Sanders rumors as well as bringing back Ron Brown and keeping Watson.

i don't think he was that bad as an Offensive Coordinator. He gave Iowa State a shot in the arm when he was there for a year. He just got all hot and bothered with the way Jammal Lord ran, just like Solich did.

But, you're right, he shouldn't be OC. We need to keep an offense that's been putting up crazy points. Better O-Line coaching, more running plays other than stretch plays, more intense practices and workout sessions, walk-ons bustin through walls to get playing time, etc., all of these things are going to contribute to getting back to the promised land. And that's just improving the offense.

Put your trust in Bo to cure the defense of it's ills.

All good things.