I wish Bo Pelini was black!

:bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo:bonez

Every thing seems to have to have a racial overtone. I for one am tired of hearing it. If the BCA wants to do something worth while and not just be an organization that is constantly pissing and moaning, maybe they could look into why so many young African Americans are killing each other. This would seem to be a more pressing mater than who is coaching who and where at. Rest in peace Sean Taylor.

>>>T_O_B

And I'm going to put together a panel to find out why so many white people kill each other and cook meth.

Point well taken. I meant no disrespect with my post. Lots of bad guys out there of every color.

>>>T_O_B

I am very disappointed that Osborne didnt pick a Nepalese Sherpa. These people are constantly being overlooked for HC jobs in college football. I will hold a grudge against Husker football until someone in the administration heads to the base of Mount Everest and hires a Sherpa to lead this team to glory!

Every thing seems to have to have a racial overtone. I for one am tired of hearing it. If the BCA wants to do something worth while and not just be an organization that is constantly pissing and moaning, maybe they could look into why so many young African Americans are killing each other. This would seem to be a more pressing mater than who is coaching who and where at. Rest in peace Sean Taylor.

>>>T_O_B

And I'm going to put together a panel to find out why so many white people kill each other and cook meth.

Cause when white people get bored they start experimenting. White people can be crazy mo-fo's.

Sure we can.

>>>T_O_B

I can totally understand why Coach Cook might want to go to certain areas of the girls' locker room. The whole reason I became a volleyball fan was because of those bun-hugger shorts they wore!

Then after a couple of years of "watching the matches" I discovered that Coach Pettit & Co. were putting a very good product out there on that court, and I began paying attention to the game, not the girls.

But the girls - yowza!

We did a test a couple of years ago and if you slide a nickle up under those shorts you can still read the date and where it was minted.

We also concluded that these shorts and the fact that most exercise bikes have their front ends angled up

have something in common.

Our contribution to science.

>>>T_O_B

:corndance:corndance:corndance:corndance:corndance:corndance:corndance:corndance:corndance:corndance

I can totally understand why Coach Cook might want to go to certain areas of the girls' locker room. The whole reason I became a volleyball fan was because of those bun-hugger shorts they wore!

Then after a couple of years of "watching the matches" I discovered that Coach Pettit & Co. were putting a very good product out there on that court, and I began paying attention to the game, not the girls.

But the girls - yowza!

Those shorts aren't that comfortable to wear. LOL!

I would bet not. Why can't the girls wear soccer shorts or something? I've never understood that.

Because when you go to dive after a ball, those shorts come up and then the world gets to see your undies.

You say that like it's a bad thing...

When your 16 it's pretty embarrassing.

I am very disappointed that Osborne didnt pick a Nepalese Sherpa. These people are constantly being overlooked for HC jobs in college football. I will hold a grudge against Husker football until someone in the administration heads to the base of Mount Everest and hires a Sherpa to lead this team to glory!

:rollin:rollin:rollin

Do we know for a fact, that Pelini is NOT black? <_<

i wonder how many coaches out there would like to have an interview just because they were black, and not because they were just qualified for the job. that is condesending if you ask me

I just had an interview at a German owned company..The language thing was a little difficult since the 3 people interviewing me were Chinese.

Wonder if I was a token interview... <_<

funny you say that... i had sweet dreams last night after a pleasent sunday. couldn't have slept better.

the bca is pushing it... if they don't watch it they are going to turn into the exact thing they are trying to stop. they are trying to stop people from hiring only white... but they want everyone to hire only black. get outta here. we hired the best for the job.

Why does everything have to come back to race. My grandfather is pretty racist but i have no problem with any race, but seriously why does this have to be such and issue. I mean most of this country is no longer racist against blacks or mexicans it is becoming more and more racist against white people.

Some people will probably say that i am racist because of this, but can someone tell me why cracker is just an accepted word, but as soon as someone says ******, then everyone just freaks out, and its not like i have a use for the "N" word so i could care less whether people use it or not, but why is it ok for one and not ok for the other.

Another thing is the Don Imus thing, I do not agree with this mans statements at all. You should never talk about women like that, and i dont care if they are black, white, hispanic, korean, or whatever, Imus should have enough respect for women in generall that he doesnt say those things (especially when those girls from that Rutgers team could probably kick his ace). But instead of people coming out and punishing him for being disrespectfull to women, they have to turn it into a racial thing. I guarentee you if Imus were to call the Nebraska Volleyball team a bunch of redkneck farmers, it wouldnt even make the news paper outside of Nebraska.

So the BCA has to complain because there are not enough black head coaches out there. This is probably true because 6 out of 119 is not a good number but i would like to know percentage of black coaches there are as assistants or black coaches of D-II or D-III schools. The BCA wants there to be more black head coaches in college football, but how many black coaches out there are qualified for a D-I heah coaching job at a place like NU or Texas A&M.

You never heared the BCA complain when the UNO job came open and a white coach was hired, but as soon as A&M doesnt interview a minority they get their panties up in a bunch. If they want more black coaches to be considered they need to start at the bottom and work their way up. They want to chance to be the top dog without even putting any work in, before you get a chance at a job like NU or A&M you need to work your way up.

So for me to repect the BCA they need to start petitioning to get some black coaches at some small schools or more as assistants so they can work their way up and not simply complain that when the top programs dont give minorities a chance cause i dont even know how many black coaches out there deserve a chance at a place like A&M.

*edit: This board jsut proved my point, i typed in the actual N word and when i posted, it was censored as ******, but no one has any problem with the word cracker or redkneck.

Do we know for a fact, that Pelini is NOT black? <_<

i wonder how many coaches out there would like to have an interview just because they were black, and not because they were just qualified for the job. that is condesending if you ask me

I just had an interview at a German owned company..The language thing was a little difficult since the 3 people interviewing me were Chinese.

Wonder if I was a token interview... <_<

:lol:

Why does everything have to come back to race. My grandfather is pretty racist but i have no problem with any race, but seriously why does this have to be such and issue. I mean most of this country is no longer racist against blacks or mexicans it is becoming more and more racist against white people.

Some people will probably say that i am racist because of this, but can someone tell me why cracker is just an accepted word, but as soon as someone says ******, then everyone just freaks out, and its not like i have a use for the "N" word so i could care less whether people use it or not, but why is it ok for one and not ok for the other.

Another thing is the Don Imus thing, I do not agree with this mans statements at all. You should never talk about women like that, and i dont care if they are black, white, hispanic, korean, or whatever, Imus should have enough respect for women in generall that he doesnt say those things (especially when those girls from that Rutgers team could probably kick his ace). But instead of people coming out and punishing him for being disrespectfull to women, they have to turn it into a racial thing. I guarentee you if Imus were to call the Nebraska Volleyball team a bunch of redkneck farmers, it wouldnt even make the news paper outside of Nebraska.

So the BCA has to complain because there are not enough black head coaches out there. This is probably true because 6 out of 119 is not a good number but i would like to know percentage of black coaches there are as assistants or black coaches of D-II or D-III schools. The BCA wants there to be more black head coaches in college football, but how many black coaches out there are qualified for a D-I heah coaching job at a place like NU or Texas A&M.

You never heared the BCA complain when the UNO job came open and a white coach was hired, but as soon as A&M doesnt interview a minority they get their panties up in a bunch. If they want more black coaches to be considered they need to start at the bottom and work their way up. They want to chance to be the top dog without even putting any work in, before you get a chance at a job like NU or A&M you need to work your way up.

So for me to repect the BCA they need to start petitioning to get some black coaches at some small schools or more as assistants so they can work their way up and not simply complain that when the top programs dont give minorities a chance cause i dont even know how many black coaches out there deserve a chance at a place like A&M.

*edit: This board jsut proved my point, i typed in the actual N word and when i posted, it was censored as ******, but no one has any problem with the word cracker or redkneck.

It's a word that is far, far more offensive and comes out of slavery and a very terrible racist past that resulted in a lot of people dying horribly (as if dying enslaved weren't bad enough). And, no, no one should be called a "cracker" unless they want to be (like Black people who call themselves or their friends "nigga"). And, besides, it's just a word that is offensive to just about everyone-- like "c**t" is to women, but is also to just about everyone.

Besides, why do you want to say it?

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports...ge/5334286.html

In 2003 the NFL implemented the Rooney Rule, which requires teams to interview at least one minority candidate before making a hire.

There are six black head football coaches out of 32 teams in the NFL, and two of those coaches (Tony Dungy of Indianapolis and Lovie Smith of Chicago) met in last season's Super Bowl.

By contrast, there are just six black coaches at 119 Division I-A football programs. The Athletic Directors' Association has discussed the possibility of implementing guidelines similar to the Rooney Rule to possibly improve minority hiring, but there has been little movement in that direction.

This year, only University of Buffalo coach Turner Gill has been interviewed for an opening at a big-name school. Gill has been interviewed for the vacancy at Nebraska, his alma mater.

"We're just asking people to be inclusive and take a process that provides for an opportunity," Keith said. "(First-year Pittsburgh Steelers coach) Mike Tomlin would never had been hired if he had not had an interview, because he certainly wasn't a leading candidate for the Steelers when that job came about.

"But he got the job because of the interview.

"Everybody may have somebody in mind, but it may go through a process in order to arrive at that."