Whatever Dude...

What the hell world were you living in? Pelini is no more FAMILY than Callahan was. 1, ONE, year does not make one family my friend.

We'll see how he does. I think he will do well. He has a lot of talent to work with, thanks to Coach Callahan and staff, don't forget that.

The team just needed a motivator on defense and I think Coach Pelini may be that guy.

Hey a-hole who said he was family. I was talking about T.O. and some of the long time assistants that got gutted in 03 after an AWFUL 10-3 campaign.

I'll take my 10-3 and an occasional shot at the title thank you very much.

first of all DO NOT CALL ME A-HOLE, EVER. Second of all that was '03 AND THEY WERE BLOW OUT LOSES. this is '07. 3RD OF ALL DO NOT CALL ME A-HOLE.

VERY UNCULTURED AND I AM A GIRL BUD.

and you most certainly need to get over yourself.

One of the things that Dr. Osborne said was he wanted someone who understood Nebraska. not only as a football team but as a state. Grobe would of brought his entire staff and not hire anyone with Nebraska ties to help out with the culture. We just had a coach that did that and it did not work out. I am sure that T.O. was gun shy about that. I hope that he was not forcing Bo to choose certain assistants but I can not blame him for wanting some Nebraska people on staff.

I give this thread two more responses before it get's locked :rulez:bad

Anyway T.O. already said that he did'nt want someone to bring in their whole staff if they were coming from another school. He probably did'nt want Grobe to bring in a Defensive Cordinator that allowed Callahan to defeat him. :ph34r:

This strategy didn't work so well when Solich got the job. It definitely hindered him. Frank never wanted Bohl as DC and I have doubts about Barnes. TO should've learned a lesson from this.

Grobe is known for keeping his staff with him, telling him who to hire ended any shot at him. Would probably hurt hiring other guys like Kelly too.

Under those hiring-conditions it was down to Bo, Gill, or some non big-name guy who would do about anything for a shot at a major school.

I like the staff we are putting together(seems like a stand-out crew as long as Watson works-out) but I'll always wonder what would've happened if we just hired the most proven guy and trusted him to hire as he saw fit with maybe a provision of hiring a one or two coaches from the current staff or previous staffs.

This strategy didn't work so well when Solich got the job. It definitely hindered him. Frank never wanted Bohl as DC and I have doubts about Barnes. TO should've learned a lesson from this.

Grobe is known for keeping his staff with him, telling him who to hire ended any shot at him. Would probably hurt hiring other guys like Kelly too.

Under those hiring-conditions it was down to Bo, Gill, or some non big-name guy who would do about anything for a shot at a major school.

I like the staff we are putting together(seems like a stand-out crew as long as Watson works-out) but I'll always wonder what would've happened if we just hired the most proven guy and trusted him to hire as he saw fit with maybe a provision of hiring a one or two coaches from the current staff or previous staffs.

Frank is the one that made Bohl his DC not Osborne. Charlie McBride was there for another two years after T.O. left.

Frank is the one that made Bohl his DC not Osborne. Charlie McBride was there for another two years after T.O. left.

I really wish they figure out a way to get Turner Gill on the staff. But it might cause more problems than it solves. He is a good man and he must feel a little betrayed right now.

Frank didn't want Bohl though, he wanted Gary Gibbs(former OU-coach, current New Orleans DC). McBride and Osborne wanted the internal-hire. Frank gave-in. TO only backed Frank for HC with the stipulation Frank kept the staff together and TO continued to push the guys he wanted down the road. Frank never staffed as he really saw fit til 2003. Tom is a great guy and a smart guy but he isn't without blind-spots.

Maybe is was not so much Dr. Tom telling Pelini who to hire as much as Pelini discussing the people he would look at for his staff. Maybe Pelini said, I liked working with Brown or Cotton or Gill or whoever and discussed how these people would work in his staff.

When Dr. Tom talked to Grobe, maybe he said here is my staff and Dr. Tom just asked about other coaches that might hasve ties to Nebraska in the past and Grobe did not know these guys or did not want to take that path.

I do no believe that Dr. Tom told Pelini who to hire, though he might have had some input based on Pelini asking for input. Grobe is not a bad guy for not having that mentality and he did not get the job...no harm and nothing against him.

After all, Brown did say that Pelini told him back in 03 that if he was the new Head coach he wanted Brown on his staff. Pelini is following through with things he talked about back then...I am excitied to see the changes and I truely hope this tunrs out good for Coach Pelini and the team. I believe it will.

Whatever Dude...

What the hell world were you living in? Pelini is no more FAMILY than Callahan was. 1, ONE, year does not make one family my friend.

We'll see how he does. I think he will do well. He has a lot of talent to work with, thanks to Coach Callahan and staff, don't forget that.

The team just needed a motivator on defense and I think Coach Pelini may be that guy.

Hey a-hole who said he was family. I was talking about T.O. and some of the long time assistants that got gutted in 03 after an AWFUL 10-3 campaign.

I'll take my 10-3 and an occasional shot at the title thank you very much.

first of all DO NOT CALL ME A-HOLE, EVER. Second of all that was '03 AND THEY WERE BLOW OUT LOSES. this is '07. 3RD OF ALL DO NOT CALL ME A-HOLE.

VERY UNCULTURED AND I AM A GIRL BUD.

and you most certainly need to get over yourself.

relax francis......quit being an a-hole ;):lol::lol::rollin:rollin:sarcasm

Osborne's job is to find the best coach and staff for Nebraska. I don't think there's any question that he, and most of the fanbase, wanted a link to the 90's on this staff. I really doubt Osborne said he'd require certain people to be named as assistants. However, saying he wants some former Huskers on the staff doesn't bother me at all.

IMO, requiring a former husker or two to be on staff isn't any different than requiring an emphasis on the walk-on program. And to me, that's entirely different than dictating what kind of offense to run, what kind of players to recruit, and/or how to run a practice.

As the AD, it's Osborne's job to ensure the entire program is set up to succeed. If TO thinks some former Huskers and walk-ons are required to do that - then he should be making sure that it happens.