THE TAIL GATE NEWS

msully

post-3607-1197043003.gifYou have BO , will that help your team ? His defense was not really that good at LSU , all the teams had to do was wait out the 1st rush and then throw a pass down field 10 or 15 yards and it became a touchdown .Flordia and Kentucky showed that . Then everyone started doing it . So what is he bring to your team , hope like Nick Saban brought to the Bama fans . That was a joke , I mean a joke this year , the Bama fans were riding high after the LSU game and have just about stopped talking football now .I would like to know what you think Bo cn do for you , he will not be able to get the players like you think he can . Or at least he has not done much for LSU . Hopeyou have a great season , I will be watching yours is one of my favorite teams . I have 4 that I pull for , yours is 3rd , That is the best I can do .GEAUX TIGERS

It's hard to take anything you say too seriously when you start out with "His defense was not really that good at LSU..."

Have you actually looked at where Bo's defenses stacked up during his tenure there? Do you realize that a large part of why you're in the title game is his defense?

Thanks for the well-wishes, but you need to reassess your analysis of Bo.

If Bo's D really isn't that good and he had very little to do with getting into the NC game, why did Miles ask him to come back and coach in the game? Miles knew who he was getting when he selected him to go to LSU with him. Miles knows the reason they are even in the NC game is because of Pelini's D. Also, Saban brought hope back to Alabama. They didn't have quite the season they thought for how they started, but considering everything that program has gone through they did exceptionally well. I think you're wrong about Bo and about Saban.

These LSU fans make me laugh, they have no idea how good there defense has been. Most LSU fans complain about giving up so many points to Kentucky and Arkansas. Guess what both those games were 3OT where the opposing teams offense got three cracks at the endzone from 25 yds out. What do you think is going to happen. Hell you could give the ball to a Jr High team at the 25 and put the Patriots defense infront of them and i bet the Jr High team scores points 75% of the time. As far as Florida goes they only scored 24pts and you won that game, why are you complaining? If you take out the two 3OT games LSU's defense held opponents to 14.7 ppg with those two 3OT games added in it still was a meager 19.6 ppg.

If you hold teams to less than 20 ppg and have an average at best offense you are going to win alot of games. I cant wait to hear these LSU fans crying in the next year or two about what happened to their defense. Because it doesnt get much better than what they have. Ranked in the top 5 in defense ever since BP showed up!!! Someone needs to take away LSU's fermented Kool-aid they have had to much. :wasted

post-3607-1197043003.gifYou have BO , will that help your team ? His defense was not really that good at LSU , all the teams had to do was wait out the 1st rush and then throw a pass down field 10 or 15 yards and it became a touchdown .Flordia and Kentucky showed that . Then everyone started doing it . So what is he bring to your team , hope like Nick Saban brought to the Bama fans . That was a joke , I mean a joke this year , the Bama fans were riding high after the LSU game and have just about stopped talking football now .I would like to know what you think Bo cn do for you , he will not be able to get the players like you think he can . Or at least he has not done much for LSU . Hopeyou have a great season , I will be watching yours is one of my favorite teams . I have 4 that I pull for , yours is 3rd , That is the best I can do .GEAUX TIGERS

if you guys are so glad he is gone.... then why do you guys keep coming to our board to insult him? your claims and your actions are quite incongruent.

It's hard to take anything you say too seriously when you start out with "His defense was not really that good at LSU..."

Have you actually looked at where Bo's defenses stacked up during his tenure there? Do you realize that a large part of why you're in the title game is his defense?

Thanks for the well-wishes, but you need to reassess your analysis of Bo.

He apparently hasn't seen what our Defense was like this year <_<

Arkansas finished 16th in Total Offense. Kentucky finished 25th. LSU finished 21st. Your Defense however finished 3rd in Total Defense. Arkansas finished 45th and Kentucky finished 65th. If you ask me, your Offense is the reason you guys struggled. Not the defense. <_<

Arkansas finished 16th in Total Offense. Kentucky finished 25th. LSU finished 21st. Your Defense however finished 3rd in Total Defense. Arkansas finished 45th and Kentucky finished 65th. If you ask me, your Offense is the reason you guys struggled. Not the defense. <_<

it dosen't work msully, you're trying to make an argument to a bunch of people who's soul source of information is "statistics on paper" before you can have an argument here you have to come down to their level where imperical knowledge is non-existent, non-understood, and irrelevant, they see our stats and think in 6 months they will be their stats...

they are incapable of comprehending "we under acheived this season" and its directly due to "bo pelini gameplan."

"we got by on outstanding talent, perhaps some of the best defensive talent ever assembled" logic dosen't work in the "husker zone"

it dosen't work msully, you're trying to make an argument to a bunch of people who's soul source of information is "statistics on paper" before you can have an argument here you have to come down to their level where imperical knowledge is non-existent, non-understood, and irrelevant, they see our stats and think in 6 months they will be their stats...

they are incapable of comprehending "we under acheived this season" and its directly due to "bo pelini gameplan."

"we got by on outstanding talent, perhaps some of the best defensive talent ever assembled" logic dosen't work in the "husker zone"

In no way do we think your stats will be our stats in 6 months however BP has a history of producing top rated defenses. As far as under acheiving, i wouldnt call playing in the NC game an under achievement. Look at our season, now that is under achieving. You guys do have talent, as well as we do and we have seen what happens when they are not coached properly. I am beginning to think LSU expectations are higher than ours. I dont understand how playing in the NC game after going through a gauntlet of the SEC is anything less than a major accomplishment. No team in the nation could make it through that sched without dropping 1 or 2, this also being a season where lesser teams have obviously closed the gap.

Outstanding talent still needs to be taught and developed and the right plays need to be called. Or does all this happen by osmosis in LSU land.

you do know that he coached for us too?? we have seen what he can do. live. in person. with our own eyes. he took a very bad defense and made them good(not great, but good) all in the one year he was here. also dont act like you have some incredible talent on your team that we dont understand that. our good 90's teams would beat you by 20+ points.