Bo Pelini- LSU coach???

Ok, hear me out.

Bo hasn't signed a contract.

Les Miles most likely will be going to Michigan after the title game. His buyout to Michigan is unchanged by his extension.

Jimbo Fisher, the guy most people thought would take over LSU if Les left, is on board to be the FSU coach after Bowden.

Could LSU just offer the job to Bo since he hasn't signed a contract yet? it would cost them nothing.

I think that would make BO look like a complete a** to the whole country. I am not sure it would be revenge since the house is clean. Just Restoring the Order.

Yep, professional suicide.

Michigan only contacted him for his input on potential canidates. He is staying at LSU.

Do you have a source???

Yeah, this is from a publicly released statement from LSU and Les Miles:

"I had a conversation with Michigan last week that covered a wide range of topics. I was doing nothing more than helping them with their search for a football coach, just as any loyal alumnus might do. It was nothing more than that," Miles said.

"I'm not a candidate for that job and I will not be a candidate for the job. I was only assisting them in their search for a coach," he added. "I have a great job at a wonderful place, a place that my family calls home. It's time that Michigan goes on with their search for a football coach."

See, I have a reliable source, not some moron at ESPN.

I don't think that Miles' status at LSU has any bearing on Bo's status here, but I do think it odd that there isn't much stink about the new Michigan coach. That is a HUGE job, yet ESPN doesn't have a lot to say about it (how many candidates did Arkansas "hire" over the last couple of weeks??)-- how long can they really go without a coach before things get desperate? If they didn't have a coach lined up who, you know, might have an important bowl game on the schedule after the new year, you'd expect them to start throwing big bucks around (no wammies!) to pull in almost any big name out there.

But they're not. Things are quiet by the lake. It doesn't seem far-fetched to say that they have a coach lined up but have agreed to keep it low-key. I am not saying that it's Miles nor that you should take anything to any bank, but I'm thinking we'll see a moderately unexpected resignation at the end of bowl season.

the potential to be a powerhouuse is there... i don,t agree with callahan that nu will not rise again, it will with the right coaching staff..

When did Callahan say that NU would never rise again? Was this after he was fired? Can you provide a link please?

He didn't say that exactly. Ron is interpolating a bit.

He said that he thinks you'll never see the kind of run's that NU and other teams had in the past.