if we were bowling this year...

np_husker

would you be going to the game? Had we won one more game and became bowl eligible, I just wondered how many of Husker Nation would have followed the team.

I have never been to a bowl game and didn't necessarily plan to go this year, but would have considered it. Obviously a BCS bowl is always the goal, but the Alamo or Holiday bowls would be fun as far as a destination.

I've only been to two bowl games because I usually travel to see family over the holidays. But if you get a chance to go, it can be a lot of fun. They are usually in a nice place, so there'll be things to do, plus you are making a road trip without going into enemy territory. So most likely you don't have to worry about your tires getting slashed at the hotel or game, getting snubbed in a restaurant, getting outnumbered in the stands, etc. Most fans from both sides are there to have fun and not cause trouble. I think it's better than going to a road game at the other team's home.

If you haven't had a chance to go to a bowl game, it is a MUST...... everyone seems to talk about $$$, and yes, it does cost a little, but hey..... I do not have a lot of extra dough.... I am a high school teacher and have a family, so I am not "wealthy" by any means..

If you only want to take the "packages", then the trips are fairly expensive.... My wife and I took a "package" to the Fiesta Bowl 7 years ago.....fun yes, expensive...yes..

If you plan by yourself, go with a group of buddies (right KChusker)......the trips aren't that expensive....

We have been to Orange, Alamo, Fiesta, Cotton, "Kick-off Classic" vs West Virginia, and my buddy KChusker has been to Rose also....... I rarely spend more than $700 total..... Plus, if you don't take a package deal, you have the freedom to travel around the city and do your own thing....

I begin saving $$ immediately after the bowl game for next season's bowl game...if plan a year ahead, it really isn't too difficult to go.....

KC and I were headed out this season for sure, but I guess my kids and wife get a little better Christmas presents this year :clap

would you be going to the game? Had we won one more game and became bowl eligible, I just wondered how many of Husker Nation would have followed the team.

I have never been to a bowl game and didn't necessarily plan to go this year, but would have considered it. Obviously a BCS bowl is always the goal, but the Alamo or Holiday bowls would be fun as far as a destination.

:):hellloooo:hellloooo:)

The only BCS game that counts is the NC game all the rest are just the same as the Bluebonnet Bowl, if its not steak its spam.

>>>T_O_B

:hellloooo:corndance:corndance:corndance:hellloooo

If you haven't had a chance to go to a bowl game, it is a MUST...... everyone seems to talk about $$$, and yes, it does cost a little, but hey..... I do not have a lot of extra dough.... I am a high school teacher and have a family, so I am not "wealthy" by any means..

If you only want to take the "packages", then the trips are fairly expensive.... My wife and I took a "package" to the Fiesta Bowl 7 years ago.....fun yes, expensive...yes..

If you plan by yourself, go with a group of buddies (right KChusker)......the trips aren't that expensive....

We have been to Orange, Alamo, Fiesta, Cotton, "Kick-off Classic" vs West Virginia, and my buddy KChusker has been to Rose also....... I rarely spend more than $700 total..... Plus, if you don't take a package deal, you have the freedom to travel around the city and do your own thing....

I begin saving $$ immediately after the bowl game for next season's bowl game...if plan a year ahead, it really isn't too difficult to go.....

KC and I were headed out this season for sure, but I guess my kids and wife get a little better Christmas presents this year :clap

I agree. Plan your own trip with others that you know. That makes it the "time of your life" until the next bowl. I also tend to spend my money at the bars. Most of my favorite memories are from the the bowl games (and non-confrence road games). If you haven't gone, plan on going next year, Big Red typically takes over the city.