A VERY interesting talk with my neighbor..please read

ssfranny

I had to stop at home today to pick something up and down the street an old lady kitchen was on fire. Fire engines roaring up the street. Well all the neighbors who were home were out and my neighbor 2 houses down, their son plays for Nebraska #61 Mike Huff OG. I don;t talk to her all that much since I'm not home often. I asked her what Mike thinks of Coach Pelini and she said "he loves him and all the players do, they can't wait for next year". Pelini apparently last week talked to all the players individually and the they love his fire and passion. Its what they were missing this year. Callahan, Cosgrove and Wagner treated the players badly more like employer and employee from what she said. Mike recently had a child and Wagner was blaming his having a kid for his bad play at the Iowa State game.

Last February, Mike blew out his knee and had to have surgery. One day after it happened, he was getting it X rayed, 2 days after he had surgery on it. He worked REALLY hard over the summer to rehab it and came back ready to play late July. IN THAT 5 MONTHS TIME MIKE DIDN'T HEAR FROM ONE COACH. If it were TO or Devaney they would've been in contact. The only time he started hearing from the coaches was when he was cleared to play. He switched starting duties with Slaussen? and after one of the losses recently Mike was in the locker room and was feeling bad...well TO came over to shake his hand and said "Don't give up Mike remember you're a Nebraska boy" (awesome) The last game of the year at Colorado, Callahan wanted to put Mike in for scrub duty the last minutes of the game and Mike told him "go F yourself" Kinda tells the whole story of what happened to the players morale this season.

She said the family had been die hard Husker fans and especially now with them being a family of a Husker player, she said the saddest thing she ever saw was when the players left the field and the fans were BOOing them. She said that was too hard to take for her and for the players.. several games they sat with Ganz's parents. Also, when Callahan recruited Mike 4 years ago, he met with them for 3 hours first thing he said to Mike as he looked up to him" yeah you're a big guy just what they're looking for in the NFL" Guess thats the way he recruited in general. Last thing, she said the players knew after the Texas A&M game that Pelini was going to be coach.

Very enlightening as to what happened thi season. I for one am glad that toxic waste of a coaching staff is gone. She did say the players love Watson. This info is from my neighbor, Mike's mom not IBR haha

Thought you all would get a kick out of this story...

Scott

Not sure about the last part of your post, but every player that is in the NFL that is injured says the same thing, that they are treated like a disease, and the only people they have contact with is probably the teams doctor and S & C coach. It's the NFL culture that Callahan bought with him and people shouldn't be surprised that's exactly what they got.

Using the "I'll get you to the NFL" line was better at getting more *'s in the recruit-class than selling the tradition of hard-nosed Neb-football but it was also recipe for underachievment.

The lack of bonding and motivation with BC really showed on the field.

Bo had inside-slot ince the ATM game? Maybe the rumor-mill was on to things and the Callahan resignation with buy-out just couldn't be pulled-together. It could explain why Bo may have been a little off later in the season. I'm sure he was trying but the focus/clarity may not have been totally there with a big new job looming.

Talking to each player individually is a great move. I like that they are already getting fired-up for next season. Should help with winter-conditioning.

Using the "I'll get you to the NFL" line was better at getting more *'s in the recruit-class than selling the tradition of hard-nosed Neb-football but it was also recipe for underachievment.

The lack of bonding and motivation with BC really showed on the field.

Bo had inside-slot ince the ATM game? Maybe the rumor-mill was on to things and the Callahan resignation with buy-out just couldn't be pulled-together. It could explain why Bo may have been a little off later in the season. I'm sure he was trying but the focus/clarity may not have been totally there with a big new job looming.

Talking to each player individually is a great move. I like that they are already getting fired-up for next season. Should help with winter-conditioning.

Who is this BC fellow you speak of? Sounds like a real loser.