Surprise visitor this weekend for Nebraska

Just in case you haven't already seen -

Kendal Thompkins - 3*

Ht: 5-11 Wt: 160 40: 4.5

Position: WR

Year: Class of 2008

High School: Miami Northwestern HS

(Miami, FL)

Currently committed to Miami, but Nebraska has made a late offer.

He has a few videos on YouTube, DAMN this guy has some moves AND speed! He would be an awesome addition :box

Just in case you haven't already seen -

Kendal Thompkins - 3*

Ht: 5-11 Wt: 160 40: 4.5

Position: WR

Year: Class of 2008

High School: Miami Northwestern HS

(Miami, FL)

Currently committed to Miami, but Nebraska has made a late offer.

He has a few videos on YouTube, DAMN this guy has some moves AND speed! He would be an awesome addition :box

He's got that shiftiness that makes him a huge threat in the open field. I think he'd be a great compliment to the big-bodied receivers we have now. Might be able to see early playing time at KR/PR.

Honestly though, do we really need another receiver? We already have a couple and it looks as if two more might be signing on.

I don't know why everyone is so surprised that we are targeting WR's. The coaches obviously feel that this an area of need, so live with it. After next year we have what, 5 WR's, all with hopefully 1 year of experience. In an offense where we send 3-4 on the field at once, 5 doesn't seem like a good number. If one goes down, how many backups do we have? Plus, some of these guys MAY see the defensive side of the ball.

I always read on here that competition brings out the best. Well, in order to have competition, there needs to be depth.

Honestly though, do we really need another receiver? We already have a couple and it looks as if two more might be signing on.

I don't know why everyone is so surprised that we are targeting WR's. The coaches obviously feel that this an area of need, so live with it. After next year we have what, 5 WR's, all with hopefully 1 year of experience. In an offense where we send 3-4 on the field at once, 5 doesn't seem like a good number. If one goes down, how many backups do we have? Plus, some of these guys MAY see the defensive side of the ball.

I always read on here that competition brings out the best. Well, in order to have competition, there needs to be depth.

Agree on the fact that some of these guys will probably end up playing D. Look at OU. Bob Stoops recruited a bunch of WR's & turned some of them into DB's. Bo's doing the same thing. Just get as many athletes here as possible. You can NEVER have enough playmakers. IMHO

Agree on the fact that some of these guys will probably end up playing D. Look at OU. Bob Stoops recruited a bunch of WR's & turned some of them into DB's. Bo's doing the same thing. Just get as many athletes here as possible. You can NEVER have enough playmakers. IMHO

:yeah

You never know who or how many will leave early, I was used to seeing players stay all 4 years, man times have sure changed.

GBR!!!

Based upon his film, he has moves and speed in combination that none of our other receiver verbals can remotely match --- and, maybe no current WR on the team can equal either. He is beyond elusive. To sign this guy would be a major deal. That said, he was thinking about Miami as a a school to attend --- that is a potential red flag --- unless it has changed (and it may have) that is the thug program of the nation and to be attracted there at all makes one wonder.

Based upon his film, he has moves and speed in combination that none of our other receiver verbals can remotely match --- and, maybe no current WR on the team can equal either. He is beyond elusive. To sign this guy would be a major deal. That said, he was thinking about Miami as a a school to attend --- that is a potential red flag --- unless it has changed (and it may have) that is the thug program of the nation and to be attracted there at all makes one wonder.

I am excited to see what this kid can do on special teams

I agree that we need to have as many athletes in certain positions. Having this many WRs is not concerning to me at all. You can keep him on offense, change him to defense, and have him return kicks....so many options!!!

i think this guy if we land him, would be a big plus for us..if u ever watch some of the SEC games they always had playmakers like him..fast, elusive, and can take it the distant..players like him can make alot of things happen in the open field.. three words..FAST..ELUSIVE ..SHIFTY.. these are some of the hardest types of players to defend..speed kills