Huskers in 2008

JGS30

Reesing went 12-1 and looked very good in doing so. Very few interceptions. Beat the number 3 (?) team in the country in their bowl game. He supposedly can not do it again, all luck, because Kansas has never had back to back winning seasons or some other load of crap.

Now of course Ganz won a couple of games, threw numerous interceptions, he lost his best wide out, lost another month of practice due our non bowl eligible status, and we are lock for winning the division.

You guys need to read what you write.

Kansas, as we speak, is hands down better than Nebraska. Could that change by the time we play them? It is a strong possiblity. But looking at it other than threw Husker Glasses, he is seeing it pretty spot on.

I have read and reread the original post. I saw no attack or talking smack against Nebraska. Just the facts as they are today. Come fall, we will see where we are and where they are.

Hey! You're using logic and common sense here! That's not allowed 'round these parts.

Reesing went 12-1 and looked very good in doing so. Very few interceptions. Beat the number 3 (?) team in the country in their bowl game. He supposedly can not do it again, all luck, because Kansas has never had back to back winning seasons or some other load of crap.

Now of course Ganz won a couple of games, threw numerous interceptions, he lost his best wide out, lost another month of practice due our non bowl eligible status, and we are lock for winning the division.

Kansas, as we speak, is hands down better than Nebraska. Could that change by the time we play them? It is a strong possiblity. But looking at it other than threw Husker Glasses, he is seeing it pretty spot on.

I have read and reread the original post. I saw no attack or talking smack against Nebraska. Just the facts as they are today. Come fall, we will see where we are and where they are.

Hey! You're using logic and common sense here! That's not allowed 'round these parts.

:lol:

That is what I like about you skers, you always bring us back into reality when we are dreaming. We do have a long road ahead and I hope people do not get their expectations to high for the Huskers.

Ya dude Kansas just had a cake schedule last year. Nebraska has a better shot at 10-2 than Kansas does. Kansas almost lost to KSU, Colorado, Texas AM, and lost to MU last season. Plus you have to play South Florida, Missouri, Nebraska, Colorado, AM, Texas, and Oklahoma which can all be losses, and Texas, MU, and Oklahoma pretty much being certain losses. To be honest we recruited better than you guys will a terrible season plus our defense will be much much better this year. I just like our chances over KU, epecially with a new coach and new attitude.

It's funny how everyone says KU had a cake schedule last year. It's not our fault you jokers are down!! You've been down since 2002. It's not our fault A&M wasn't getting it done. It's not our fault CU was rebuilding. It wasn't our fault CMU lost 3 NFL players before they played us. That's a lousy reasoning to say KU didn't beat anyone. They beat better teams than anyone else in the North so everyone needs to check themselves.

KU will beat South Florida, that's a joke saying they'll lose that game. You Husker fans are in loser denial yet again for the 5th year in a row now. I gave ya'll props and said I think you'll finish 7-5 and everyone is like "you're underestimating Nebraska" I must ask- How am I underestimating you guys??? You went 5-6 last year!?! 7-5 is a big improvement for a team that didn't win enough games to even become bowl eligible. I'm just saying every year you guys think you're alot better than you are.

I lost count of how many posters got on here and claimed Keller for Heisman and Purify for All-American Team. I just want 1 Husker fan to admit to me "Yes JGS30, we're down, and we'll be down for 2 more years until Bo gets his guys in". There is a reason Mark May and ESPN, and CFB News dog on you guys, it's because you all think your better than you really are.

Sometimes the truth hurts.

See like most of the respectable people on our board dont go to your free board and talk smack, and by saying what you did you proved what we are trying to say right, you played teams when they were down, no husker is in denial that we arent great but its the hope for the next day that keep us going, and with out that why would a team want to play, at least we have a winning history. No disrespect, KU was good this year, and had some key victories, but thats the past. If it happens again congrats, but dont come on our board draw first blood and then get emotional when we start to get defensive, KU, OU, and UT fans are the big 12 fans i most enjoy but you are disgracing your kind sir and you need to step away, and apoligize. GOOD LUCK TO YOU, BUT WATCH OUT BO IS SMART, HE HAS THE ABILITY TO RESTORE THE ORDER.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I for one really appreciate the friendly fans from rival schools who come here to talk football with us. And if there's a little smack involved....well, we're rival schools, what do you expect? :-P

Between you and me, JGS30, KU is going down in Lincoln by twelve touchdowns...bank it! :)

Kansas wins because the knowledge that too many losses would give Coach Mangino a heart attack, their passion to win comes from their love of mangino and to keep him alive. :lol::lol::dunno , JK cant be too hard on the guy, he is a good coach, and i love to see Kansas become at dynasty, the big 12 being competitive is good for the huskers. When a team is in your conference you do not wish they suck, you only wish that they are great but you are better. (exceptions currently go to KSU under Gary Pinkeye :lol: and MU just for their one year of National Spotlight and now they can finnally fill a stadium yet where were those fans before

I honestly don't see the the cause of the lovefest for KU.

They played a lot of crappy teams, and beat those teams. 2. Yes TWO teams on their schedule at the end of the season were ranked. They were dominated for 3 quarters by one of them, and went on to lose

Then they played VaTech. VT is an interesting team without a doubt. They, too, are in the same boat as KU. They played 3 total games vs ranked teams, and lost 2 of those games. One of em they lost by like 40.

I am not sold on KU. They play smart football, but, they just dont recruit well enough to be able to hang with top teams that arent overrated.

Yeah, I agree Pujols, I mean, they did lose to MU 36-28 on a neutral field. I mean KU only scored 76 on Nebraska, beat CU in Boulder, beat A&M in College Station, beat OSU in Stillwater, beat #3 ranked Virginia Tech (Which was a 6 point favorite). I don't understand the love feast with KU either. :)

JGS30:

You have a legitimate point. KU is for real and deserves kudos.

NU fans, of which I am one of the most devout, struggle with where we are in the pecking order. Being behind MU, KU, and CU is tough to swallow for those of us in Red. But reality is reality. MU is on top and KU and CU follow and NU is trying to regroup and get back to where it once was. It is simply hard to envision that KU is superior in football to NU. But, until NU improves dramatically (which we hope will be soon) this is the way things are.

So... do not be surprised that NU fans are not overly generous as regards KU. That said, I am glad KU has turned the corner and is a good program --- it is good for the conference and Kansas fans who have stuck it out during the lean years are now being rewarded --- that is cool. I have no problem with MU either. Whenever I have been there, MU fans have been kind and gracious. We as NU fans generally have respect for neighbors who are neighborly and do not harbor ill will to others success. Now,.... Colorado is a different story. I'd love for KU and Mu (and of course NU) to stomp those %$# people.

Your predictions in terms of records may not be exact (the records seem awful generous at the top --- there is too much parity I think for such good records) but the predicted order is reasonable --- about what everyone else would predict (outside of Nebraska!). Lets really hope that this next year plays out well for NU --- and KU (except against us!).

All trash talking aside...I, for one, predict a giant log jam in the middle of the Big 12 North with MU on top and KSU on the bottom...I'm not convinced after one season that KU has turned the corner or that CU will ever be any better than they were last year. I am convinced that Nebraska will improve as will ISU. I think we'll see a lot of 7-5, 6-6, 5-7 records between CU, KU, NU and ISU...the schedule plays out better for ISU than the rest though so I am convinced that they will be one of the 7-5 or better teams and head off to some minor bowl in Buffalo or Detroit or somewhere pathetic against somebody like Yale or UAB...oh well, it's a start.

The important thing is that the North will be competitive within its' division and, hopefully, we won't be seeing tons of blow outs like last year as the majority of the teams (with the exception of KSU) finished strong and appear to be on the upswing...

I think the North will be tons of fun next year. I have to agree for the most part that NU will be better.

Nebraska has talent, I am not totally convinced in the overall team speed though. But that is why we play the games. Just like every fan at NU, CU, KSU and ISU can tell ku and MU, "Hey you did it one year, now do it again in 08' and maybe we believe." That is fair enough.

A couple of things I do know.

NU will be better just because Idiot # 1 and Idiot #2 are out of Lincoln.

ISU was playing damn good ball at the end of the season, can they continue it to 2008.

ku was very impressive, they lost some key personnel, can the reload? Mangino is a good coach, he will do a good job of trying to reload. I just do not know what ku has coming up to replace the losses.

CU will be improved. To ignore what Hawkins is doing, is only putting your head in the sand. CU will be much improved. Look for QB Hawkins to have a much improved 08'.

when is spring ball here???

I think the North will be tons of fun next year. I have to agree for the most part that NU will be better.

Nebraska has talent, I am not totally convinced in the overall team speed though. But that is why we play the games. Just like every fan at NU, CU, KSU and ISU can tell ku and MU, "Hey you did it one year, now do it again in 08' and maybe we believe." That is fair enough.

ISU was playing damn good ball at the end of the season, can they continue it to 2008.

ku was very impressive, they lost some key personnel, can the reload? Mangino is a good coach, he will do a good job of trying to reload. I just do not know what ku has coming up to replace the losses.

CU will be improved. To ignore what Hawkins is doing, is only putting your head in the sand. CU will be much improved. Look for QB Hawkins to have a much improved 08'.

I will admit one thing MU will be a power next year even more than last year if they can do one thing, last year Mizzou would come into a game and kick some behind but something about the 4th quarter with MU. games they broke in the 4th quarter BOTH OU games, the KU game, but they still won. those are the few i watched of MU but one thing i will say is they didnt agaisnt NU ahah nope. something about us got them pumped

All trash talking aside...I, for one, predict a giant log jam in the middle of the Big 12 North with MU on top and KSU on the bottom...I'm not convinced after one season that KU has turned the corner or that CU will ever be any better than they were last year. I am convinced that Nebraska will improve as will ISU. I think we'll see a lot of 7-5, 6-6, 5-7 records between CU, KU, NU and ISU...the schedule plays out better for ISU than the rest though so I am convinced that they will be one of the 7-5 or better teams and head off to some minor bowl in Buffalo or Detroit or somewhere pathetic against somebody like Yale or UAB...oh well, it's a start.

The important thing is that the North will be competitive within its' division and, hopefully, we won't be seeing tons of blow outs like last year as the majority of the teams (with the exception of KSU) finished strong and appear to be on the upswing...

yah, this should be a good year. and hopefully the winner of the big 12 north represents well in the championship game.

I will admit one thing MU will be a power next year even more than last year if they can do one thing, last year Mizzou would come into a game and kick some behind but something about the 4th quarter with MU. games they broke in the 4th quarter BOTH OU games, the KU game, but they still won. those are the few i watched of MU but one thing i will say is they didnt agaisnt NU ahah nope. something about us got them pumped

Well of course NU gets us pumped up, how many years have you dominated us in football before 03'?

And throw in the 97', yes something about NU gets us going. Maybe it is the history and tradition that is NU football that gets us going. I am very confident in our players and coaches for next year. But we still have to do it on the field.

Well of course NU gets us pumped up, how many years have you dominated us in football before 03'?

And throw in the 97', yes something about NU gets us going. Maybe it is the history and tradition that is NU football that gets us going. I am very confident in our players and coaches for next year. But we still have to do it on the field.

OH haha I was just saying that as in sarcastic manor i know you guys love the game and by the way 97 game was on the other haha its the only thing that made me feel good about husker football in a while. But ya, I would love for this game to get more and more excitment around it and become a balanced rivalrly. I have always said "I hope everyteam in the north becomes amazing, except I hope nebraska is just a little better always" its good to have fun competition in your conference and division. Best of luck to MU next year just not on October 4th cause North east Ohio to Lincoln, is a long drive, I dont wanna see a loss

OH haha I was just saying that as in sarcastic manor i know you guys love the game and by the way 97 game was on the other haha its the only thing that made me feel good about husker football in a while. But ya, I would love for this game to get more and more excitment around it and become a balanced rivalrly. I have always said "I hope everyteam in the north becomes amazing, except I hope nebraska is just a little better always" its good to have fun competition in your conference and division. Best of luck to MU next year just not on October 4th cause North east Ohio to Lincoln, is a long drive, I dont wanna see a loss

I agree, I like the fact that the North as a group is becoming better. And I have the same philosophy as you. Everyone can be good until we play them. I think MU/NU is pretty balanced now. We have traded winning on field turf since 03'. I will be in Lincoln in October for the game as well. Bet ya, the winner buys the loser a beer?