Huskers in 2008

JGS30

Kansas at 10-2 in 2008! :lol:

It's a documented fact that every time Kansas looks like they are going to finally gain sustained respectability...they end up totally sucking the next year. Kansas has a two year cycle of success about every 10 years

1967 - 5-5

1968 - 9-2 Bowl Game

1969 - 1-9

1980 - 4-5-2

1981 - 8-4 Bowl Game

1982 - 2-7-2

1991 - 6-5

1992 - 8-4 Bowl Game

1993 - 5-7

Then, for some reason, there was a statistical blip in the cycle

1994 - 6-5

1995 - 10-2 Bowl Game

1996 - 4-7

After that...not a single winning record till 2005

2005 - 7-5

2006 - 6-6

2007 - 12-1 Bowl Game

2008 - 5-7 (my prediction)

Kansas football success is NOT historically self-sustaining...therefore, Kansas will find itself at or near the bottom of the B-12 North next year.

HELLZ YES!!! :yeah

I just want to thank Jjmaus, Cyclone, MU tiger fan for reminding me why I left this board. I really like most of the Husker fans on here, but you guys are a discgrace. Hey Tiger Fan, How idd you guys fare at the Fieldhouse the other night?? :)

Like Bo says...if you can't take a hit, get off the field...well, he might not have actually said that, but he should have.

I speak for everyone cy by saying each post of yours we actually read lowers our IQ 10 points. Please stop posting, for all of us. :LOLtartar

It's a documented fact that every time Kansas looks like they are going to finally gain sustained respectability...they end up totally sucking the next year. Kansas has a two year cycle of success about every 10 years

1967 - 5-5

1968 - 9-2 Bowl Game

1969 - 1-9

1980 - 4-5-2

1981 - 8-4 Bowl Game

1982 - 2-7-2

1991 - 6-5

1992 - 8-4 Bowl Game

1993 - 5-7

1994 - 6-5

1995 - 10-2 Bowl Game

1996 - 4-7

2005 - 7-5

2006 - 6-6

2007 - 12-1 Bowl Game

Kansas football success is NOT historically self-sustaining...therefore, Kansas will find itself at or near the bottom of the B-12 North next year.

I just want to thank Jjmaus, Cyclone, MU tiger fan for reminding me why I left this board. I really like most of the Husker fans on here, but you guys are a discgrace. Hey Tiger Fan, How idd you guys fare at the Fieldhouse the other night?? :)

Like Bo says...if you can't take a hit, get off the field...well, he might not have actually said that, but he should have.

I speak for everyone cy by saying each post of yours we actually read lowers our IQ 10 points. Please stop posting, for all of us. :LOLtartar

And you've obviously read a lot of those posts if you believe for a minute that Kansas has a prayer of going 10-2 next season...

1967 - 5-5

1968 - 9-2 Bowl Game

1969 - 1-9

1980 - 4-5-2

1981 - 8-4 Bowl Game

1982 - 2-7-2

1991 - 6-5

1992 - 8-4 Bowl Game

1993 - 5-7

1994 - 6-5

1995 - 10-2 Bowl Game

1996 - 4-7

2005 - 7-5

2006 - 6-6

2007 - 12-1 Bowl Game

Actually I think Cy has alot of respect around here. If your looking for a KU lovefest your not going to find it here. Probably should check the KU boards for that. ;)

Ya dude Kansas just had a cake schedule last year. Nebraska has a better shot at 10-2 than Kansas does. Kansas almost lost to KSU, Colorado, Texas AM, and lost to MU last season. Plus you have to play South Florida, Missouri, Nebraska, Colorado, AM, Texas, and Oklahoma which can all be losses, and Texas, MU, and Oklahoma pretty much being certain losses. To be honest we recruited better than you guys will a terrible season plus our defense will be much much better this year. I just like our chances over KU, epecially with a new coach and new attitude.

Ya dude Kansas just had a cake schedule last year. Nebraska has a better shot at 10-2 than Kansas does. Kansas almost lost to KSU, Colorado, Texas AM, and lost to MU last season. Plus you have to play South Florida, Missouri, Nebraska, Colorado, AM, Texas, and Oklahoma which can all be losses, and Texas, MU, and Oklahoma pretty much being certain losses. To be honest we recruited better than you guys will a terrible season plus our defense will be much much better this year. I just like our chances over KU, epecially with a new coach and new attitude.

It's funny how everyone says KU had a cake schedule last year. It's not our fault you jokers are down!! You've been down since 2002. It's not our fault A&M wasn't getting it done. It's not our fault CU was rebuilding. It wasn't our fault CMU lost 3 NFL players before they played us. That's a lousy reasoning to say KU didn't beat anyone. They beat better teams than anyone else in the North so everyone needs to check themselves.

KU will beat South Florida, that's a joke saying they'll lose that game. You Husker fans are in loser denial yet again for the 5th year in a row now. I gave ya'll props and said I think you'll finish 7-5 and everyone is like "you're underestimating Nebraska" I must ask- How am I underestimating you guys??? You went 5-6 last year!?! 7-5 is a big improvement for a team that didn't win enough games to even become bowl eligible. I'm just saying every year you guys think you're alot better than you are.

I lost count of how many posters got on here and claimed Keller for Heisman and Purify for All-American Team. I just want 1 Husker fan to admit to me "Yes JGS30, we're down, and we'll be down for 2 more years until Bo gets his guys in". There is a reason Mark May and ESPN, and CFB News dog on you guys, it's because you all think your better than you really are.

Sometimes the truth hurts.

It's funny how everyone says KU had a cake schedule last year. It's not our fault you jokers are down!! You've been down since 2002. It's not our fault A&M wasn't getting it done. It's not our fault CU was rebuilding. It wasn't our fault CMU lost 3 NFL players before they played us. That's a lousy reasoning to say KU didn't beat anyone. They beat better teams than anyone else in the North so everyone needs to check themselves.

KU will beat South Florida, that's a joke saying they'll lose that game. You Husker fans are in loser denial yet again for the 5th year in a row now. I gave ya'll props and said I think you'll finish 7-5 and everyone is like "you're underestimating Nebraska" I must ask- How am I underestimating you guys??? You went 5-6 last year!?! 7-5 is a big improvement for a team that didn't win enough games to even become bowl eligible. I'm just saying every year you guys think you're alot better than you are.

I lost count of how many posters got on here and claimed Keller for Heisman and Purify for All-American Team. I just want 1 Husker fan to admit to me "Yes JGS30, we're down, and we'll be down for 2 more years until Bo gets his guys in". There is a reason Mark May and ESPN, and CFB News dog on you guys, it's because you all think your better than you really are.

Um, KU beat better teams than anyone else in the North? Of all 6 teams in the North, KU had the weakest SOS of the group.

Dude! You come on a Husker message board thumping your chest wanting us to give you props for how KU played last year, which some of us did if you would have read the whole thread, and then you dis all of us and the Huskers. You must be legally insane if you think anyone is going to give you any respect now. I said in one of your other threads that I thought you predicted our schedule next season fairly well. I will agree that we are down and it will take time for us to get things going again, but it may not take 3 years maybe 2. I know last season I thought you were crazy as did anyone else who wasn't a KU fan considering no one, not ESPN, or anyone thought you guys would have the season that you did. We thought it was a fluke deal with it and move on. If you don't like what you are hearing like I said before you might want to consider a KU board?! :wacko:

Thanks for the note from kansas though, and FYI I cheer for them in Basketball.

... ooookay.

whatever.

my thoughts exactly...

Chill guys, I cheer for Nebraska over KU in basketball too. but its not like we ever even get into the tournament (if we did I would go). They (KU) are always my second favorite (unless Creighton gets in too).

only because of the booger eater, tony temple, and jeremy maclin

Tony won't be much help, since he's likely be trying to latch onto an NFL team...

Yes Tony was denied a med redshirt and is moving on to the NFL & if remember MU was going to beat us last time they came to Lincoln, youtube has those great memories at the touch of a button. I was at that game and if I remember correctly the poor little QB was either looking at the sky while laying on his back or finding out that your not allowed to pass the ball while on your knees. No matter how MU is ranked going into this game never underestimate the power of RED.

I honestly don't see the the cause of the lovefest for KU.

They played a lot of crappy teams, and beat those teams. 2. Yes TWO teams on their schedule at the end of the season were ranked. They were dominated for 3 quarters by one of them, and went on to lose

Then they played VaTech. VT is an interesting team without a doubt. They, too, are in the same boat as KU. They played 3 total games vs ranked teams, and lost 2 of those games. One of em they lost by like 40.

I am not sold on KU. They play smart football, but, they just dont recruit well enough to be able to hang with top teams that arent overrated.

Yeah, I agree Pujols, I mean, they did lose to MU 36-28 on a neutral field. I mean KU only scored 76 on Nebraska, beat CU in Boulder, beat A&M in College Station, beat OSU in Stillwater, beat #3 ranked Virginia Tech (Which was a 6 point favorite). I don't understand the love feast with KU either. :)

I just love it when somebodies team gets a winning record for the first time in years and they think that they're the s**t. This reminds me of Iowa fans when Iowa started to do great like 3-4 years ago. Everywhere you look there is Iowa crap because now they have a winning record. Come on give me a break. Yes I was happy that Kansas had a great year and too be honest I was rooting for Kansas in the Mizzo vs Kansas game. But to predict Kansas to beat Nebraska in Lincoln is one of the stupidest things I've heard in a long time. If Nebraska can score 39 points at Kansas, I think that we could almost double that in Lincoln this year. Kansas hasn't beatin Nebraska in Lincoln since 1968.

Nebraska will beat Kansas and Mizzo in Lincoln this year...............both teams always choke in Lincoln.