Huskers in 2008

JGS30

Kansas at 10-2 in 2008! :lol:

It's a documented fact that every time Kansas looks like they are going to finally gain sustained respectability...they end up totally sucking the next year. Kansas has a two year cycle of success about every 10 years

1967 - 5-5

1968 - 9-2 Bowl Game

1969 - 1-9

1980 - 4-5-2

1981 - 8-4 Bowl Game

1982 - 2-7-2

1991 - 6-5

1992 - 8-4 Bowl Game

1993 - 5-7

Then, for some reason, there was a statistical blip in the cycle

1994 - 6-5

1995 - 10-2 Bowl Game

1996 - 4-7

After that...not a single winning record till 2005

2005 - 7-5

2006 - 6-6

2007 - 12-1 Bowl Game

2008 - 5-7 (my prediction)

Kansas football success is NOT historically self-sustaining...therefore, Kansas will find itself at or near the bottom of the B-12 North next year.

Historically Kansas hasn't had a QB like Todd Reesing or a coach as good as Mangino. KU will finish 10-2 my little cyclone friend. Enjoy fighting KSU for last place in the North.

Ha! Mangino! What's he got? An 18-30 record against Big-12 opponents since he's been at KU? A 37-36 overall record since he's been at KU? Ha ha! Keep on beating up on the likes of Florida International and Toledo because once conference play starts things look kind of bleak. What a coach...and don't forget the NCAA violations that took place under his watch. Mangino...the trailer park version of Barry Switzer.

And Reesing - the one hit wonder of 2007 - He's going to wind up in the "Where are they now?" catagory along with those other great KU QB's of history like Williams (95), Hilleary (92), Suerer (81), and Douglass (68). One year doth not a dynasty make.

ISU, meanwhile, is playing Kansas' schedule in 2008....all bread with no meat. We'll easily clean up the non-conference, Baylor, A&M, KSU and Okie State...throw Colorado in there too while you're at it...and we have NU, MU and KU all at home... Looks like a 7-6 or even 8-4 season to me.

Sorry Kansas...we'll wave to you as we go by...

Kansas is a cute team for sure. They did do a heck of alot better than us. But common. you have to play Texas, Oklahoma, or Missouri (soon Nebraska) and WIN to be a powerhouse in the Big 12.

As for a 7-5 Nebraska, I don't think that will happen. That would be totally unacceptable in Bo's mind. We won't be NC contenders, but at least and 8-9 win season.

Thanks for the note from kansas though, and FYI I cheer for them in Basketball.

It'll be interesting to see how well Kansas fares against a schedule that includes Oklahoma and Texas.

I see 6 losses on KU's schedule:

South Florida at Tampa

Colorado at home

Oklahoma in Norman

Nebraska in Lincoln

Texas in Lawrence

Missouri in KC.

6-6 for the year. Get ready for basketball.

When did KU schedule South Florida? Had to be before they became good based off of last year's and the rest of next year's non-conference schedule. I don't see them going 6-6 next year, they proved they can play with anyone, but they now have the bullseye on their back (can't believe I just typed that). Much harder schedule next year, I think they still win 8.

It's a documented fact that every time Kansas looks like they are going to finally gain sustained respectability...they end up totally sucking the next year. Kansas has a two year cycle of success about every 10 years

1967 - 5-5

1968 - 9-2 Bowl Game

1969 - 1-9

1980 - 4-5-2

1981 - 8-4 Bowl Game

1982 - 2-7-2

1991 - 6-5

1992 - 8-4 Bowl Game

1993 - 5-7

1994 - 6-5

1995 - 10-2 Bowl Game

1996 - 4-7

2005 - 7-5

2006 - 6-6

2007 - 12-1 Bowl Game

Kansas football success is NOT historically self-sustaining...therefore, Kansas will find itself at or near the bottom of the B-12 North next year.

Historically Kansas hasn't had a QB like Todd Reesing or a coach as good as Mangino. KU will finish 10-2 my little cyclone friend. Enjoy fighting KSU for last place in the North.

I think we sometimes all forget that football is a contact sport. Reesing is just one hit away from being sidelined. What would KU's record look like if he can't play? Mangino was under the gun. KU's AD stated publicly before the beginning of the season that Mangino's tenure would be terminated without a winning record and bowl appearance.

If we learned anything about college football in the 07 season, it would have to be when star players get hurt their team is in serious jeapardy of losing. Look how great West Virginia was with a healthy White and Slaton. Look how they stumbled when one or both were injured. OU probably would have made the NC game if their QB didn't get hurt against Tech.

I have no idea who will win the North. If CU gets on a roll, they could end up winning the North. The Big 12 is probably as competitive as it has ever been. IMO, the South comes down to Texass and OU. The North is wide open. There are probably 4 teams in the North that could win it.

I honestly don't see the the cause of the lovefest for KU.

They played a lot of crappy teams, and beat those teams. 2. Yes TWO teams on their schedule at the end of the season were ranked. They were dominated for 3 quarters by one of them, and went on to lose

Then they played VaTech. VT is an interesting team without a doubt. They, too, are in the same boat as KU. They played 3 total games vs ranked teams, and lost 2 of those games. One of em they lost by like 40.

I am not sold on KU. They play smart football, but, they just dont recruit well enough to be able to hang with top teams that arent overrated.

1967 - 5-5

1968 - 9-2 Bowl Game

1969 - 1-9

1980 - 4-5-2

1981 - 8-4 Bowl Game

1982 - 2-7-2

1991 - 6-5

1992 - 8-4 Bowl Game

1993 - 5-7

1994 - 6-5

1995 - 10-2 Bowl Game

1996 - 4-7

2005 - 7-5

2006 - 6-6

2007 - 12-1 Bowl Game

Ha! Mangino! What's he got? An 18-30 record against Big-12 opponents since he's been at KU? A 37-36 overall record since he's been at KU? Ha ha! Keep on beating up on the likes of Florida International and Toledo because once conference play starts things look kind of bleak. What a coach...and don't forget the NCAA violations that took place under his watch. Mangino...the trailer park version of Barry Switzer.

And Reesing - the one hit wonder of 2007 - He's going to wind up in the "Where are they now?" catagory along with those other great KU QB's of history like Williams (95), Hilleary (92), Suerer (81), and Douglass (68). One year doth not a dynasty make.

ISU, meanwhile, is playing Kansas' schedule in 2008....all bread with no meat. We'll easily clean up the non-conference, Baylor, A&M, KSU and Okie State...throw Colorado in there too while you're at it...and we have NU, MU and KU all at home... Looks like a 7-6 or even 8-4 season to me.

Sorry Kansas...we'll wave to you as we go by...

Cyclone, you're so full of _$%^&___ your eyes are turning brown!! There is no way on gods green earth Iowa State wins 6 games. It's not going to happen. KU beat ISU 45-7 or was it 52-13? Who really cares at this point. Your team is garbage. I don't even know why I'm responding to your nonsense of a response.

Mangino won 8 National coaching awards this year. National awards!! How many has your sorry excuse of a coach won? He's taking your team into the toilet. There is no way you'll compete for anything but last in the North next year! LOL. I still can't believe your predicting 7-8 wins for ISU. LOL. Taht's the funniest thing I've read in years!!

Yes KU has to play at Norman, and yes I think they'll lose, but they won't lose to Texas or Texas Tech (both games in Lawrence I might add). Reesing has been dieing to get on the field against Texas (the team that snubbed him). Cyclone fan, you really have no idea what you're talking about. Finish above 500 next year and then you can talk, til that time please go back to your room because the adults are having a serious conversation.

I'm back kids! It's great to be back.

I'm finally finished celebrating the Kansas Jayhawk Orange Bowl victory and an incredible 12-1 season!! I think I'm still hung over! I frequented this board alot before the season when everyone was picking NU and MU to compete for the North and I was frustrated because I knew my Hawks were being overlooked. I predicted a 9-3 record for 07 and many, many, ok all of the husker fans on this board laughed me right off of it.

Well Husker fans, you were right and I was wrong...they finished 12-1. I have to admit I didn't even see this coming, but lord knows I'll take it. With signing day today the Jayhawks are inking they're best class ever (well, at least according to Rivals) ranked #34. Still not as high as Nebraska's rivals ranking (27) but we all know you have to take these rankings with a grain of salt. Talib and Collins both left KU for the draft this year and they were both 2 star recruits. So who knows.

I love giving out early predictions for next year, and again with that said these must be taken with a grain of salt because alot can happen between know and August. Here's what I think about the North and the Big 12.

North

1. Missouri (11-1)- I'm picking these jerks because of their schedule. It sets up nice and even if KU beats them in Arrowhead this year (which I think they will) it won't matter. MU's schedule is too easy.

2. Kansas (10-2)- KU returns 9 of 11 defensive players and a handfull that saw time in the Orange Bowl. With Reesining, Fields, Briscoe, Meir, and Sharp, the offense will be just as difficult to defend. Plus add the #1 Juco RB into the mix (Jocques Crawford) this offensive will be better than last year. Don't sleep on Angus Quigley though. He has been in the program now for 3 years and has struggled with injuries and off the field problems. He may win the RB job. I see KU losing to OU and possibly MU (god I hope not). KU ends the streak in Lincoln.

3. Colorado (8-4)- I really like what they're doing in Boulder.

4. Nebraska (7-5)- Defense will improve from the beginning and you can't sleep on your offense. You lost some great skill players (receivers) but should be fine other than that on offense with your QB going into his Senior year. 8-4 is a possibility for this team, but I'll say 7-5.

5. Kansas State (6-6)- Questionable move from Prince bringing in 20 juco players, but desperate times call for desperate measures. This team quit half way through the season. I think the addition of some older players will make this group more competetive. Freeman needs to step up and become a leader.

6. Iowa State (4-8)- Tough situation in Ames. Losing alot of Seniors and really didn't look like anyone was coming in to help.

OK kids, send me those love or hate e-mails like you always do. I plan to be in Lincoln this year to FINALLY watch KU's losing streak end. Can't wait to visit the best bar in America (Sidetracks).

Cheers! JGS30

The bar is called the SIDE TRACK... no plural and the streak will never end in Lincoln... ever.

I honestly don't see the the cause of the lovefest for KU.

They played a lot of crappy teams, and beat those teams. 2. Yes TWO teams on their schedule at the end of the season were ranked. They were dominated for 3 quarters by one of them, and went on to lose

Then they played VaTech. VT is an interesting team without a doubt. They, too, are in the same boat as KU. They played 3 total games vs ranked teams, and lost 2 of those games. One of em they lost by like 40.

I am not sold on KU. They play smart football, but, they just dont recruit well enough to be able to hang with top teams that arent overrated.

Yeah, I agree Pujols, I mean, they did lose to MU 36-28 on a neutral field. I mean KU only scored 76 on Nebraska, beat CU in Boulder, beat A&M in College Station, beat OSU in Stillwater, beat #3 ranked Virginia Tech (Which was a 6 point favorite). I don't understand the love feast with KU either. :)

1967 - 5-5

1968 - 9-2 Bowl Game

1969 - 1-9

1980 - 4-5-2

1981 - 8-4 Bowl Game

1982 - 2-7-2

1991 - 6-5

1992 - 8-4 Bowl Game

1993 - 5-7

1994 - 6-5

1995 - 10-2 Bowl Game

1996 - 4-7

2005 - 7-5

2006 - 6-6

2007 - 12-1 Bowl Game

HELLZ YES!!! :yeah

1967 - 5-5

1968 - 9-2 Bowl Game

1969 - 1-9

1980 - 4-5-2

1981 - 8-4 Bowl Game

1982 - 2-7-2

1991 - 6-5

1992 - 8-4 Bowl Game

1993 - 5-7

1994 - 6-5

1995 - 10-2 Bowl Game

1996 - 4-7

2005 - 7-5

2006 - 6-6

2007 - 12-1 Bowl Game

I just want to thank Jjmaus, Cyclone, MU tiger fan for reminding me why I left this board. I really like most of the Husker fans on here, but you guys are a discgrace. Hey Tiger Fan, How idd you guys fare at the Fieldhouse the other night?? :)

1967 - 5-5

1968 - 9-2 Bowl Game

1969 - 1-9

1980 - 4-5-2

1981 - 8-4 Bowl Game

1982 - 2-7-2

1991 - 6-5

1992 - 8-4 Bowl Game

1993 - 5-7

1994 - 6-5

1995 - 10-2 Bowl Game

1996 - 4-7

2005 - 7-5

2006 - 6-6

2007 - 12-1 Bowl Game

I just want to thank Jjmaus, Cyclone, MU tiger fan for reminding me why I left this board. I really like most of the Husker fans on here, but you guys are a discgrace. Hey Tiger Fan, How idd you guys fare at the Fieldhouse the other night?? :)

Like Bo says...if you can't take a hit, get off the field...well, he might not have actually said that, but he should have.