RB Brandon Wegher

I was just at a referee clinic for a rules meeting and after talking to a few other guys, it sounds like Nebraska pretty much has no interest for Brandon coming to Lincoln next year as running back I believe. Whether it's true or not take it for what it's worth. Heelan just got moved to Class B I believe or a lower Class A rank. They are expected to be back at State this year and if they don't win State than there is something really wrong with Heelan from what I've heard.

Come October 24th I'll be ref'ing Heelan at home so I'll give you guys the scope on this kid and hopefully I'll learn more info on this guy.

Sounds like no chance. None at all.

Crabtree is saying it's Iowa and Nebraska in the lead with Kansas close behind. He still said he thinks he's an Iowa lean, but we all know how that works out a lot of the time.

and allegedly we have backed off, which makes no sense to me...we need him, there's been reports of him wanting to possibly be a db and if true who doesn't want that? we could give him the look at rb and if not move him to db and say go level people.

Sounds like no chance. None at all.

Crabtree is saying it's Iowa and Nebraska in the lead with Kansas close behind. He still said he thinks he's an Iowa lean, but we all know how that works out a lot of the time.

and allegedly we have backed off, which makes no sense to me...we need him, there's been reports of him wanting to possibly be a db and if true who doesn't want that? we could give him the look at rb and if not move him to db and say go level people.

Well... NU has Lucky (Sr.), Helu (So.), Mendoza (freshman after redshirting), Castille (So.), Okafor (Fr), Ward (likely to redshirt in this his 1st year) , and a walkon who looks good named Austin Jones (I think is a freshman). That gives NU 7 guys, six returning after this season and most very young. Plus they recruited a guy named Robinson who is a RB with this being his last year of HS. If he follows through and signs, that makes 8 RB's. Now some may do position switches and some may not pan out but still 8 guys with 7 as sophomores or younger --- that is quite the stable. And, Helu and Castille have, for the most part, already shon that they can be really good. So.... RB is a well stocked position at NU. OLB is not. TE is not. DT is not. Cornerback is not. So, it is not at all unreasonable to look only modestly at RB and really hit the recruitinting trail for the positions is real need.

No offense to Wegher --- he is, I am sure, a great player -- but we really do not "need" him. Not, at least, as much as we need good people at OLB, DT, cornerback, TE and WR.

Right now the QB and RB positions (and the OL) seem to be in better shape.

So.... RB is a well stocked position at NU. OLB is not. TE is not. DT is not. Cornerback is not. So, it is not at all unreasonable to look only modestly at RB and really hit the recruitinting trail for the positions is real need.

No offense to Wegher --- he is, I am sure, a great player -- but we really do not "need" him. Not, at least, as much as we need good people at OLB, DT, cornerback, TE and WR.

Right now the QB and RB positions (and the OL) seem to be in better shape.

Right, with Robinson already N, Nebraska can afford to be selective with the RB position likely holding out hope for someone like Oku. However, with only Byrd N, there is probably a need for 2 or 3 more DBs this class. (As many as 5-6 DBs will play in a game so depth is a concern.) Anyway, Nebraska is apparently recruiting him as a Safety.

Not sure where the Nebraska backing off him came from, but if so perhaps he does not fit into the system very well. :dunno But let's wait until his announcement before committing Harri Kari.

I've heard locally that he is a Nebraska lean, that we didn't back off of him, and that he is being recruited as a Safety or CB, not as a RB and that he is ok with that. I guess we will know soon enough, I hope he's a husker as it would give me a reason to go watch some Heelan games this year.

I've heard locally that he is a Nebraska lean, that we didn't back off of him, and that he is being recruited as a Safety or CB, not as a RB and that he is ok with that. I guess we will know soon enough, I hope he's a husker as it would give me a reason to go watch some Heelan games this year.

Hope you're right. :thumbs