Husker "Revival"

Our program is the feature article in the NY Times sports section today. The theme is that Pelini understands us and is leading a revival of our program. It is nothing new for the fanatics like us, but it is a good article for a major national paper. Click here to go to article.

Now I know some people have freaked out in the past when I posted NY Times' articles. Please, this is a sports story, lets not make this another debate about the Timesl. If you hate the Times, and think it is a partisan newspaper, fine, don't read the article. It is that simple.

I glanced at the article. I'll go back and read the entire article, but first a few quick observations. The Times leads off with the Headline Huskers’ New Coach Promises to Heed Program’s Old Ways. They then instead of showing a picture of Pelini, they show a picture of Orborne who is, to be honest, old. The picture, due to the lens they used, makes Osborne (who I love) look freakish. To me they are painting the picture of Nebraska football as OLD, OLD, OLD!

Then they say the people come to inspect Pelini. They mention the NFL and LSU, as if no one in Nebraska noticed that Pelini was the Husker Defensive Coordinator in 2003!

I'll read on, but the Times is not off to a good start!

:moreinteresting

This is great that Bo and the staff are getting out in the state again. BC really cut the ties with the state and did not care what people thought.

If you read the article it does mention him winning the Alamo Bowl in 2003 when Solich was fired. I thought the article was nicely done. I do not think it mean our program is OLD, OLD, OLD. And what do you think TO should look like? He is in his 70s!!!!!

I glanced at the article. I'll go back and read the entire article, but first a few quick observations. The Times leads off with the Headline Huskers’ New Coach Promises to Heed Program’s Old Ways. They then instead of showing a picture of Pelini, they show a picture of Orborne who is, to be honest, old. The picture, due to the lens they used, makes Osborne (who I love) look freakish. To me they are painting the picture of Nebraska football as OLD, OLD, OLD!

Then they say the people come to inspect Pelini. They mention the NFL and LSU, as if no one in Nebraska noticed that Pelini was the Husker Defensive Coordinator in 2003!

The article is a good read. The author is writing for the audience that are football fans but may know little about NU. But if you just glance over it, you'll probably get an impression similar to popcorn's.

I agree the web site picture doesn't really match. the focus picture in the printed paper is the one from behind pelini looking out on the crowd, and then there is a smaller picture of osborne later in the article. that plays much differently.

OK, I finally got to read the entire article. I had only read the first few paragraphs.

Having lived back east for some time, I was sensing a typical East Coast media hatchet job. Taken in it's entirety, I think it was a good article.

I still don't like the Osborne picture. It reminds me of the small headed guy in the cars.com ad.

One final question. The article said, "They offered polite applause when Osborne introduced Pelini as a man as unpretentious as they are.. Can anyone that was there tell me if that is accurate? I would think the the place would have exploded at the Pelini introduction.