OL Andy Christensen Suspended.

Get this s*** outta here. I'm sick and tired of reading this garbage in the press because these kids cannot act freakin' civilized once they get some alcohol in their system. I know the whole 'due process' crap kicks in, but I hope Andy gets booted. It's what he deserves.

:yeah

First degree sexual assualt for copping a feel?????

It's not like he punched her.

The charge doesn't fit the crime IMO

Wow!

I certainly hope you don't have daughters.

That doesn't have anything to do with. Law is not based on emotions. What if the presiding judge has daughters ?? should that weight in on his decision.

I am not trying to down play what happend at all. But I assumed that Rape laws like assault laws have different levels that differ in relation to the act. I just think that first degree sexual assualt is rather steep given he didn't poke her, forget football for a moment were talking about a 21 yo drunk who did something really really stupid, that I don't think he should have to carry around with him for the rest of his life.

He felt a girl up, was it wrong, yes but I don't think he should get the same punishment that somebody else would get for un-consented sex.

Hope the rest of the team takes notice....just because they play football don't give them the right to do what ever they please and think they can get away with it.

I am glad Bo took swift action and suspended him...I imagine his career at Nebraska is pretty much over with. How stupid.

Now we will have to defend this when someone from another team points to it and says that we recruit criminals. That part really pisses me off!!! :angry::nutz

First degree sexual assualt for copping a feel?????

It's not like he punched her.

The charge doesn't fit the crime IMO

Wow!

I certainly hope you don't have daughters.

That doesn't have anything to do with. Law is not based on emotions. What if the presiding judge has daughters ?? should that weight in on his decision.

I am not trying to down play what happend at all. But I assumed that Rape laws like assault laws have different levels that differ in relation to the act. I just think that first degree sexual assualt is rather steep given he didn't poke her, forget football for a moment were talking about a 21 yo drunk who did something really really stupid, that I don't think he should have to carry around with him for the rest of his life.

He felt a girl up, was it wrong, yes but I don't think he should get the same punishment that somebody else would get for un-consented sex.

Actually MCAT800 is right. . . Should have been charged with second degree.

1st Degree Sexual Assault -- sexual penetration of any orifice of the victim's body by a body part or object, achieved through force, threat of force or coercion.

2nd Degree Sexual Assault -- physical contact of a sexual nature without consent, with a victim's genitals or buttocks or a woman's breasts.

3rd Degree Sexual Assault -- sexual activity between one party who is 18 years of age or older and one who is under 16 years of age.

here are the applicable elements of the crime in question.

Nebraska State Statute 28-319 1st Degree Sexual Assault

Any person who subjects another person to sexual penetration without consent of the victim.

2nd Degree 28-320

Any person who subjects another person to sexual contact without consent of the victim.

The argument here is sexual contact vs penetration. Until we know exactly what happened we will not know the appropriate charge. Regardless, it happened and I too am hoping Coach will dismiss the player. This will not be tolerated and he should not reap the benefits of being a Husker.