OL Andy Christensen Suspended.

If it was indeed 1st Degree Sexual Assault, he definitely should be off the team for good and go to jail. Even if it was a mistaken identity, you don't do something like that in a public place. I am betting he was liquored up and either did it on a dare, or just thought it would be funny or cool. I have 3 daughters, and if anyone ever did anything like that without their consent (or with for that matter) he would be looking down the barrel of a shotgun...and not for a shotgun wedding either. :angry:

Either way, bad decision, now there will be consequences, not only for him, but for the University's reputation...that is what really sucks for me. :angry:

Hopefully we have a few seniors step up and start to show some nuts. This is the kind of $hI! that can really downplay the achievements of the team(remember L. Phillips) people still try to use his dumb a$$ against us. A couple of the seniors need to come forward and say,"Alright, you think you can just do whatever you want? When coach is done with you, then it's my turn." Kinda like Wistrom and J.Peter back in the day. I don't know, my thinking is that these players need to learn that their actions represent and affect the whole team, and if one player screws up, the whole team gets punished. I know it doesn't seem fair, but then there might be some accountability on this team from within.

I don't care if it was 1st or 2nd degree assault! He should not have been in the situation and be dumb enough to do something like that. Bo needs to send a message to the rest of the team and kick him off. I agree bbhusker, the seniors need to step up now and let everyone know this is not going to be accepted by the team.

First degree sexual assualt for copping a feel?????

It's not like he punched her.

The charge doesn't fit the crime IMO

Wow!

I certainly hope you don't have daughters.

That doesn't have anything to do with. Law is not based on emotions. What if the presiding judge has daughters ?? should that weight in on his decision.

I am not trying to down play what happend at all. But I assumed that Rape laws like assault laws have different levels that differ in relation to the act. I just think that first degree sexual assualt is rather steep given he didn't poke her, forget football for a moment were talking about a 21 yo drunk who did something really really stupid, that I don't think he should have to carry around with him for the rest of his life.

He felt a girl up, was it wrong, yes but I don't think he should get the same punishment that somebody else would get for un-consented sex.

Actually MCAT800 is right. . . Should have been charged with second degree.

1st Degree Sexual Assault -- sexual penetration of any orifice of the victim's body by a body part or object, achieved through force, threat of force or coercion.

2nd Degree Sexual Assault -- physical contact of a sexual nature without consent, with a victim's genitals or buttocks or a woman's breasts.

3rd Degree Sexual Assault -- sexual activity between one party who is 18 years of age or older and one who is under 16 years of age.

The key here is that in the definition of 1st degree sexual assault, it says nothing about the penis being the part that penetrates. It could be a finger or any other object. It will all be sorted out by the court system.

First degree sexual assualt for copping a feel?????

It's not like he punched her.

The charge doesn't fit the crime IMO

Wow!

I certainly hope you don't have daughters.

That doesn't have anything to do with. Law is not based on emotions. What if the presiding judge has daughters ?? should that weight in on his decision.

I am not trying to down play what happend at all. But I assumed that Rape laws like assault laws have different levels that differ in relation to the act. I just think that first degree sexual assualt is rather steep given he didn't poke her, forget football for a moment were talking about a 21 yo drunk who did something really really stupid, that I don't think he should have to carry around with him for the rest of his life.

He felt a girl up, was it wrong, yes but I don't think he should get the same punishment that somebody else would get for un-consented sex.

Actually MCAT800 is right. . . Should have been charged with second degree.

1st Degree Sexual Assault -- sexual penetration of any orifice of the victim's body by a body part or object, achieved through force, threat of force or coercion.

2nd Degree Sexual Assault -- physical contact of a sexual nature without consent, with a victim's genitals or buttocks or a woman's breasts.

3rd Degree Sexual Assault -- sexual activity between one party who is 18 years of age or older and one who is under 16 years of age.

The key here is that in the definition of 1st degree sexual assault, it says nothing about the penis being the part that penetrates. It could be a finger or any other object. It will all be sorted out by the court system.

Exactly!!!! He must have penetrated in some way for the police to charge him with this.

I don't care if it was 1st or 2nd degree assault! He should not have been in the situation and be dumb enough to do something like that. Bo needs to send a message to the rest of the team and kick him off. I agree bbhusker, the seniors need to step up now and let everyone know this is not going to be accepted by the team.

:yeah

These guys have to realize that everything they do is going to be scrutinized. What happened to acting like a gentleman to get a girl if your attracted to them....going up and doing anything like this is juvenile at best, criminal at worst. If your stupid enough to do something like this, you better pray that the girl has the same sense of humor that you do...and I don't know too many women that would let any man come up to them in public like that and do something like touch their private areas. My girlfriend would not even want me to do something like that in public - and she even knows and loves me. So how he thought a stranger would like something like that, he only knows. I bet he is kicking himself now.

Nobody has mentioned that there was also resisting arrest...I don't care who you think you are, or how big you think you are, you don't resist a police officer when your being arrested. If you think your being arrested wrongly, then you let your attorney handle it and take your day in court. If the police are going to arrest you, no matter what you do, you are going to be arrested - don't make it worse.

To do something like this is just plain stupid...in my mind, he is no longer a Husker. Bo did the right thing, and until his innocence is proven, which I would say is highly doubtful since he was in such a public place, he should be kicked off the team. And if any part of this is true, any part, he should not be allowed to come back. There should be no playing around when it comes to something this serious.

Just a question? Do the football players have any rule/guidelines about what they are allowed/not allowed to do? Are they told/asked to stay out of bars or situations that might be frowned upon? I know they have their personal time/lives, but it seems there ought to be some guidelines to follow? He sure messed up his life, didn't he? What a jerk! My Dad would have said, "He had the world by the tail and just blew it!"

Just a question? Do the football players have any rule/guidelines about what they are allowed/not allowed to do? Are they told/asked to stay out of bars or situations that might be frowned upon? I know they have their personal time/lives, but it seems there ought to be some guidelines to follow? He sure messed up his life, didn't he? What a jerk! My Dad would have said, "He had the world by the tail and just blew it!"

:bang Common sense should have been enough to know better.