Break out year for Marlon Lucky?

I think lucky will fare nuch better with a more run based system. Especially if they utilize more of Castille and the others. Should be interesting to see what they come up with. If we are fortunate (almost put lucky but that would have looked like an intentional pun) Watson will improve on the already good offense, especially in the efficiency category, and Bo can make enough difference on D to turn the tide in some games where we will be underdogs. Heres hoping he has a monster of a senior year.

I believe that Marlon is gonna step up knowing its his final year in husker red. I see a possible 1,000+ yard rushing season. POSSIBLE being a key word

You say possible like it is far fetched. He had over 1000 last year with the team playing behind most of the time and throwing the ball 40-50 times a game. I see a possible 1500 yard season.

I can almost guarantee it. Callahan tried to force lucky Lucky into being almost completely a between the tackles up the middle runner and that simply isn't his natural style. Yes he can do that and will continue to do so, but I'd expect him to be used A LOT more bouncing to the outside - maybe even more as a wingback as well, with another HB like Q in the backfield. This will open him up a lot more and allow him to use his natural shifting and cutting abilities much more in space where he's not running into a wall and being forced to make a read at the point of touch.

I fully expect him to have a 1000 yard receiving 1000 yard rushing year.

yes, expecially 2 years ago.

Lucky is not going to be the kind of HB that runs up the middle and shoulders through a middle linebacker, often thats exactly what he was expected to do... when he was given a HB counter or a pitch or sweep to the corner he gained 3-7 yards, but that wasn't the type of run he was given most.

Last year Callahan opened it up a bit more and gave Lucky more outside running options, but still only about 40% of the time Lucky's number was called in a running situation was it a designed play to the outside, and many of those were plays without the fullback on the field as a lead blocker.

Granted, you can't become overly predictable or stagnant in your play calling, but you also have to put the players in the best position to make the most of their touches, I don't think Callahan did that with Lucky.

I believe that Marlon is gonna step up knowing its his final year in husker red. I see a possible 1,000+ yard rushing season. POSSIBLE being a key word

You say possible like it is far fetched. He had over 1000 last year with the team playing behind most of the time and throwing the ball 40-50 times a game. I see a possible 1500 yard season.

:yeah I don't know how many times we have say it DJR, but Lucky had 1700 yards of offense with 1000+ rushing. If Watson plans on using him like Westbrook then I would like to see 1000/1000 or 1500/500 for the season. I'm always amazed at how people bash the kid for not putting up Heisman numbers each year he's been here. Guy improves every year and last year even improved on his power game.

I think the reason everyone is calling for a "breakout" year is because ...

1. A 1,000 yard rushing season isn't what it used to be. Sure he had over 700 receiving yards but that's easy for people to overlook.

2. He admitted to slacking off in games at the beginning part of the season, in order to make it through the whole thing.

3. He showed a lot of potential at the end of the season to be even better in '08.