Was Pelini the best option for the Huskers?

Was Pelini the BEST option going forward?  

111 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I really am not sure if Bo would be better than Dr. Tom. Osborne is obviously the proven coach, but times have changed a lot and this is a different age. Just curious what the Big Red faithful think...

(Ditka vs. a Hurricane.... hahaha Ditka.....)

I don't like to think that NU is somewhere that head coaches go to cut their teeth, but options 2 and 4 are ridiculous.

If Pelini "cuts his teeth" the same way Bob Stoops did at OU, I have no problem with it.

As for option 4, (keeping Callahan) I will just pretend like that option is not there. I like to pretend like the entire Callahan era never existed. Sweet- we still have our bowl streak and KU hasn't beat us in decades. Rock.

I wish you wouldve kept Cally and Coz...

Didn't Osborne "cut his teeth" at NU. Ya never know, Pelini might turn into

that lifer coach all Nebraska fans want.

I think Osborne put it best when he said Pelini was a Stoops type of hire. Someone who could move the program forward but also embrace tradition and connect with Nebraska fans. Pelini has that midwest background as well as previous experience here. I think he was the right choice. Of course we won't know for another four years how good or bad of a choice.

Anyone that thinks we didn't do what we needed to do needs to take the cement block off their head, it is affecting their thinking.

Osborne would not have been a viable choice. Even he is aware that he would not be up for it over the course of a season.

We got the best man for the job....there was nobody else. Even Turner Gill would not have been a good choice right now. We needed a motivator...and we got one.

I don't like to think that NU is somewhere that head coaches go to cut their teeth, but options 2 and 4 are ridiculous.

If Pelini "cuts his teeth" the same way Bob Stoops did at OU, I have no problem with it.

As for option 4, (keeping Callahan) I will just pretend like that option is not there. I like to pretend like the entire Callahan era never existed. Sweet- we still have our bowl streak and KU hasn't beat us in decades. Rock.

That's exactly my point. It's a gamble I am not sure that was needed to be taken.

Sure, in the end it's really about the person and whether they are right for the position but you gotta wonder..

That's exactly my point. It's a gamble I am not sure that was needed to be taken.

Sure, in the end it's really about the person and whether they are right for the position but you gotta wonder..

Well, keeping Callahan around wasn't a viable option IMO.