Come Clean all you Callahanahollics!

Bill Callahan Believers?  

104 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I will admit when Callahan was hired I was pissed that Bo didn't get it after his impressive win over Michigan State. But then I was like maybe Callahan might be a good choice. I didn't really know what to think like many other Husker fans.

First Season: When we lost to Southern Miss in Lincoln oh boy did I blow a gasket. What really mad me made during that game is that toward the end of the game we were driving to get a TD to win the game. There was only a few seconds on the clock and Joe Dailey was running the ball and he ran out of bounds and the game was over. He didn't even try to do juke moves or try to stutter step anybody, but simply ran out of bounds and we lost. And the other reason that we went 5-6 to make it the first time we didn't go to a bowl game in what 36 seasons and among other records that were smashed that year because of Callahan. The only one that wasn't ruined was the consecutive sellouts.

Second Season: There were a couple games that we should've won but I thought that Callahans system was working after we beat Colorado in Boulder and then the Michigan game at the Alamo Bowl. I serious think that Callahan was getting his crap together and rebuilding this program back to a National Championship program.

Third Season: I was pretty excited to see that fake punt on USC but that wasn't enough to beat USC. There were several games where we should've won but didn't like the Texas and Oklahoma St game. Texas game we would've had in our hands if Callahan would've kept on running the ball instead of passing the ball to run down the clock to eliminate that dropped pass by Nunn at the end of the game. After we lost to Auburn in the bowl game I pretty much gave up on Callahan. Numerous times he made bad play calling for example the fake punt, throwing the ball whenever it was 3-1 or 3-2, among some others. I was at the Big 12 Championship game and it was cold...very cold. I remember going to the bathroom to warm up and hearing on the PA system that Oklahoma was on there own 1yd line and driving it 99yds for a TD.....wow that's pretty sad (mind you that whole drive I was in the Bathroom).

Fourth Season: The opening game when we blow Nevada out of the water and people were talking about how this was the one of the greatest Offensive Line that we've had......come on we played against NEVADA!!!! And then if that wasn't impressive enough PUDD decides to give Callahan a 5 year extension to his contract because we blew out Nevada wow. And then after that our whole season was down the drain. I knew after the Wake game that things wouldn't be the same. Hell after the Ball St game I told my buddies that we would just beat Iowa State and that was it for us.

I thought the 2006 season was when I started doubting Calllahan. It started when Callahan coached not to win but to not get blown out at USC. I thought Callahan was out coached most of that season. We were lucky to beat Kansas, Mizzou, Texas A & M, ect..... I thought Callahan was then horrible in the BIG 12 championship and should have apologized all off season to his team after the Auburn bowl debacle!

Callahan had absolutely no appreciation for the Nebraska tradition and what made us successful, and it showed in just about every bad decision he made in the Husker's culture.

Man I am glad he is gone!!! :restore

Yup, this says it all for me.

Of course it would be easiest to say I never believed in him and play the I told you so card, but I honestly thought he might bring back some prominence to NU. I didn't think he was going to stay as long as TO did....but he would rebuild NU and move back into the NFL. Well, he broke down NU and still went back to the NFL. At least I had half of it right.

When I did lose faith in him was after the Wake game this year. There were probably a couple of times the season before I was questioning him big time (Auburn game). It was very clear to me that he was not going to hold Coz accountable for his horrible play calling on defense. How many times can a team send a WR in motion and then just hand it off to him before the defense has it figured out? I have never seen so many end arounds in my life! :bang:bang

It was all down hill after the Wake game for me......

I admit I was kinda biased because Pedey handled his first year in office like such a passive-aggressive snake. Pedey didn't help matters by chasing the likes of Wannstadt and Nutt and getting repeatedly shot-down. I wanted us to chase a Meyer or Rodriquez or keep Bo. So maybe I was less open to BC than others. But it still wasn't a good sign that the raiders quit and practically mutinied on him. But I thought he could work-out if he learned some lessons from his previous experiences, too bad he didn't. He is definitely a smart guy but he oozes stubborness and arrogance, that was his undoing.

THought he was a bad hire, losing the Raiders after going to a Superbowl and what I heard come out of that situation made me think he was an ass who did not know how to treat people. TUrned out, he was....

(and he ditched the option, which I am bitter about to this DAY)