Things Callahan did right..

Things Callahan did right for Nebraska

1) Left

2) Cured the Delusion of those of you who will not admit it now to become the 49ers of college football

3) Set a nice low standard so Bo has a year or two to get things how he needs em, if the talent from Cally is not a good fit (and it could be)

4) Left

Okay, he did gt some highly regarded recruits, but if Bo can't win with them in the year 2, they may have been overrated also... Our first round pick Aqib Talib was a 2*, so readying rivals.com does not mean you are good at scouting talent. If Bo can win 10 games or more in a season by 2009, then I would say Cally was a step up in recruiting. Otherwise, if he can't do a Solich record, he did not upgrade recruiting....

For calling a spade a spade when it came to the majority of Oklahoma fans.

The FG against Oklahoma when Stoops tried to run up the score.

KSU last year.

Colorado in '05.

Changing the offense to a more modern approach.

Going after top tier talent year after year, even if he couldn't fully develop alot of them.

Keeping the press out of practices, where they have no business being.

Dang, that last one I was reaching on, but I still feel like they have no business in practices. Just something that has always irked me.

gotta admit, he did bring about the change in the offense, which was much needed no matter how much some people like to think it would be fine without, i just think he brought too much change too quickly.. he may have survived had he worked it in a little smoother.. oh, and had a defense... as far as ADI is concerned.. kid has a leg.. just isnt accurate enough!

He did pretty solid in both bowl games, and to an extent even in the Big XII Championship game.

The Michigan game was great (came from behind several times, with a little ref help), the Auburn game was nearly great (championship caliber defense, solid offense at times, questionable call at the end and lack of player execution on a failed trick punt play cost us that game).

I still feel that we lost the championship game by "a few plays". The fumble on the first play of the game was one, so was the surefire touchdown to Swift (?) where the d-back came out of nowhere to pick it off. We outperformed Oklahoma defensively (except for 3rd down on the 1-inch line) and also offensively (minus those few key plays).

Mostly just two areas-

1. Player academic performance

2. Recruiting

I'm not convinced his playcalling was any better than Solich. True, you couldn't always predict the call like you could with Solich, but at least you would know that Solich would NOT do a fake punt from his own 20 to ensure that we lose the Cotton Bowl.

Mostly just two areas-

2. Recruiting

I'm not convinced his playcalling was any better than Solich. True, you couldn't always predict the call like you could with Solich, but at least you would know that Solich would NOT do a fake punt from his own 20 to ensure that we lose the Cotton Bowl.

He was coaching to win. You probably wouldn't be complaining if Shanle hadn't dropped a football right on his numbers.

Mostly just two areas-

2. Recruiting

He was coaching to win. You probably wouldn't be complaining if Shanle hadn't dropped a football right on his numbers.

If you fake punt from your own 20 in the second quarter you are NOT coaching to win. You are coaching like an idiot. Auburn could barely move the ball on us! We gave them their first two scoring drives and they only had to go like 40 yards for the two of them combined. On top of that, if you're resting the fate of your team on Shanle you're in bad shape anyway.

Had the balls to bring a pass happy mentality to the option minded people of Nebraska. Most coaches nationwide new that they would face ridicule from the Nebraska fans if they were to even attempt what callahan did. It really hurt him in the end to jump head first into that fire. But now we have Watson and NU fans have become somewhat accustomed to a passing offense, but we will see a better run team in the future with Pelini.

This is a brilliant point. We NEEDED to modernize the offense and he was the one who came in and did it, despite all the heat he took for it.