Voting Polls for BIG 12

Only one per customer sorry.  

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Colorado should be in the WAC. Put Hawaii in the PAC-11.

Mizzou probably will win the North this year again

Big 8 was the good old days. Days when it meant something to win the Orange Bowl

That"s what I say. I can rember when my Tiger"s came onto the field for first homegame each year the student section throw orange"s on the filed. It meant you hope to make to Orange Bowl as BIG8 Champ. Okay I can say I:m older than most since MU make a good showing in the old BIG8 and I saw lost of good games.

Making bowl game used to was big deal. Plus also, Now it can mean you lost as many as won and then go play for empty staduim on Tuesday in the middle of Dec in middle of anywhear. I don"t like that even if my Tiger"s do it.

That"s what I think any way.

:moreinteresting

TuffTiger

Columbnia,MU.

First...I want A&M out. They've been whining for the last couple of years that they think either they should transfer to the SEC or that the Big 12 should throw out ISU or Baylor and put in Arkansas or TCU. Great...send A&M to the SEC and let them get their asses kicked there too. Hey A&M...maybe if you formed your own conference with Rice, Houston, Sam Houston State, West Texas and SMU you could be a conference champion someday...but until then, shut up. You're not that impressive and you never will be.

Of course, I picked the Cyclones to win the Big 12 North...but with NU a close second of course! It might be a long shot but think how fun it'll be if ISU faces Baylor for a trip to the BCS championship game!

Give me back the Big 8 any day. I want to get back to the old rivalries, especially the OU and NU Thanksgiving game. Let those pretenders down in Texas form their own little league and whine because the Big 8 keeps coming down and stealing all their recruits like the good old days.

I say get rid of Baylor because they haven't done anything for the conference, as far as football goes, for some time now. Sorry Cy, but I guess neither has ISU???

I'm going to be realistic here and say that Mizzou is going to take the North this season, but I will still believe in my Huskers to take it all.

I say go back to the Big 8 because the conference was alot better then IMO.

I say get rid of Baylor because they haven't done anything for the conference, as far as football goes, for some time now. Sorry Cy, but I guess neither has ISU???

I'm going to be realistic here and say that Mizzou is going to take the North this season, but I will still believe in my Huskers to take it all.

I say go back to the Big 8 because the conference was alot better then IMO.

Throw ISU out of the Big 12? What a bunch of cowards!

Since 2000 there have been two elite teams in the B12

Oklahoma: 90 -17 – 8 Bowls

Texas: 85 – 17 – 8 Bowls

Then there is a second tier

Texas Tech: 65 – 37 – 8 Bowls

Nebraska: 65 – 36 – 6 Bowls

Then there is a big pack of teams bouncing around in the middle:

Kansas State: 60 – 41 – 5 Bowls

Texas A&M: 53 – 44 – 5 Bowls

Missouri: 52 – 46 – 4 Bowls

Colorado: 50 – 51 – 5 Bowls

OK State: 49 – 48 – 5 Bowls

Iowa State: 46 –52 – 5 Bowls

Kansas: 44 – 51 – 3 Bowls

And…getting it in the..uh…bringing up the rear

Baylor: 26 – 66 – 0 Bowls

Why not throw out Kansas? ISU has a better overall record than they do and more bowl appearances? Why not Missouri or OK State or Colorado? Baylor…okay, that would be a given but I think the only reason anybody would want to throw ISU under the bus is because y’all are a bunch of big yella bellied dawgs

Cy the reason people pick ISU over teams like Baylor and Kansas is because at least Kansas has a great basketball tradition, Baylor is competitive in basketball and usually really good at baseball... Iowa State on the other hand.... not so much.

Not meaning to rag on you or the clones or anything, but it's pretty much true.

As for Missouri, they also don't ever win much, but with them the B12 gets the KC and St. Louis markets and for Nebraska it makes it much easier to recruit the state as well - without MU in the B12 those areas would be harder to compete with the B10 in... we could recruit Iowa (and Colorado for that matter) whether that state had a representative in the B12 or not simply because there are a good number of Nebraska transplants in the state and many of the natives simply are longtime Husker fans anyways.

Cy the reason people pick ISU over teams like Baylor and Kansas is because at least Kansas has a great basketball tradition, Baylor is competitive in basketball and usually really good at baseball... Iowa State on the other hand.... not so much.

Not meaning to rag on you or the clones or anything, but it's pretty much true.

Conference Champs in 2000 and 2001

NCAA Tourneys in 00, 01 and 05

NIT Final Four - 04

Hoiberg, Fizer, Tinsley, Hornecek, Kato....

What's Baylor got? or Colorado...or even Nebraska...when it comes to a basketball tradition?

Keep Baylor. Y'all they do well in other sports besides football (baseball, women's softball, women's hoops, men's hoops, etc). And it's only a matter of time the football team improves. Texas is still a hot bed for recruiting talent.

Get rid of CU. Just dont think they fit well in the conference.

Picked KU to win, could be MU but they have stumbled in the past more often than not.

GBRs!

coping!coping!coping!

Must learn to cope!

I voted UNL out..Imagine the TV time and recruiting if we were independants.

Seriously..I'd have trouble getting rid of any Orig. Big-8 team..Trade Baylor for Hawaii for the extra "Bowl Trip" like Devaney used to scedule.

CU should be banished from college football totally since their fans are idiots and lack any appreciation for sportsmanship at all. dedhoarse

Nebraska WILL win the Big 12 North, Big 12 Championship, and National Championship, and Nebraska will have to double Pelini's salary. :corndance

The Big 12 is far more competitive than the old Big 8. No comparison. We could even be better if we could get rid of Baylor and Colorado and replace them with some real teams. Put KU, ISU, and KSU on probation for say 4 years, and if they don't start winning consistently, especially out of conference games, and being more competitive on a regular basis, we could replace them, too. Sorry Cy, ISU has to prove they belong, instead of booting them now, I did give you 4 years to get them competitive before booting them...so don't pull my invitation to the "free" all you can eat and drink party bus in the parking lot...please?? :hellloooo

We should have added one more question to that poll, being: What University would you bring in to replace the one(s) that you booted out? I would probably try to bring in Illinois and Arkansas, since they are regionally accessible and would make some since, to replace Colorado and Baylor. Remember, this is my fantasy...not yours. :clap