A Major Letdown

:bonez:cheers:cheers:bonez

If you were let down by this game you just don't know what its about. The Spring game is about getting out, having some fun and enjoying the sun, the crowd and the opportunity to reassert your support for the Nebraska Football team. The best part of the day is the tail gating and the tunnel walk and seeing those young men in Crimson 'N' Cream come sprinting out onto the field.

GBR

T_O_B

:cheers:bonez:bonez:cheers

Crimson?...............did you say crimson?

T O try scarlet. Crimson is Oklahoma's colors.

Ganz wasnt the only one throwing the deep ball!! I clearly remember Lee throwing one or two that flew over the recievers head. I thought all the QB's looked pretty good. I thought it was great that Spano and Ebke(sp)got a lot of playing time also.

Dang people, was it your last 10 bucks? You probably want your gas money back too? Your starting to sound like 6 week old puppies or truck drivers with all the whining going on.

You got to see some of what is the future of the program...all for $10...not bad. Quit being so negative!!

No kidding, whats with all the negativity? These are our Huskers people, Bildo is gone, Stevie is gone, Tom is back, Bo is back. I definately feel a lot better about the future of this program than I did last year at this time.

As far as the scrimmage goes I think a lot of people let their imagination get the best of them before kickoff. The coaches came right out and said that the play calling was going to be very vanilla. Add the fact that there was such a mix of players (not 1s playing beside 1s or in some cases even 2s) playing beside one another that it makes it harder to be clicking as a team. I was more interested in the defense. Finally, our boys are tackling again. Both defenses played good IMO, it sure was nice to see some form tackling and not that dive at his legs or push him crap. There were quite a few plays made by defensive lineman too, which was nice to see.

Bo has said over and over that this team has a long way to go. Why would someone think anything different? He has also said that we are headed in the right direction. I'm ok with where we are at right now.

There's really some validity to what he's saying. I'm not sure I agree with all of it. What I see happening is that the majority opinion is that Bo is going to do amazing things at Nebraska, and suggestions to the contrary aren't well tolerated. It was the same last off-season when everyone was drinking the BC kool-aid.

:shrug:

More Bo-aid, please.

I think bo will do great things here, just not this year. i think we will struggle this year with 8 wins being the absolute top. I think bo is fair and playing the right guys. I guess my disappointment is in the fact that neither witt or lee is ready. I think both are more gifted than ganz. i dont think ganz is very good so i had hoped to see one of the 2 ready to go. Ganz will make many mistakes and is not a QB to take a team on his shoulders and will them to victory. IMO Believe me I hope I am way wrong

Well he may not be the next Steve Young, But the doesn't have to be. Football is still a team sport and the best quarterback ever couldn't win a single game if he had to do it by himself.

A mediocre quarterback with a solid team around him however, can do great things. For example Trent Dilfer when he won a superbowl with Tampa Bay. Mediocre Quarterback, but still had a decent team around him.... voila- I give you Lombardi.

Joey's pretty good. He should do fine.

It was brad johnson, not trent dilfer. And you are right, they won because of their stellar defense.

Now that the thread has shifted to a conversation on the bo-master himself, I'll get another word in here. I think the support for bo is incredible in nebraska, something we've never seen before with ANY new coach in our whole history.

That being said, I think he will lead us to national championships. I really do. But not next year, or for a while for that matter. I think we will do better this next year than we have in a while, but bo pelini is just a man; not a god come from another world to save us. Its not rocket science. It takes time to rebuild programs, but nebraskans understand that.