This is sad...

Ohio State

Todd Boeckman looked like Todd Boeckman, mostly steady with some big plays and a few forced throws. He led the Scarlet to a 20-7 victory yesterday in Ohio Stadium on a cool, drizzly day in front of an announced crowd of 76,346 -- including Terrelle Pryor, the Buckeyes' top-rated quarterback prospect.

Yes, the rain likely ruined their plans to break 4 attendance records. The $10 ticket to the spring game got you in to baseball, softball, and lacrosse games this weekend.

Yea so what we have the number 1 attendance for a spring game i just want football season to hurry up and be here

No that honor goes to Alabama

WRONG!

Alabama had 78K show up. Here's a verifiable source:

http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/2008.../381927811/1011

However, I don't know how many attended Ohio State's spring game.

This being said, I agree with the opinion that the number of attendees of a spring game does not a national champion make. However, it goes a long way towards recruiting.........

slmhusker

Ohio State

Todd Boeckman looked like Todd Boeckman, mostly steady with some big plays and a few forced throws. He led the Scarlet to a 20-7 victory yesterday in Ohio Stadium on a cool, drizzly day in front of an announced crowd of 76,346 -- including Terrelle Pryor, the Buckeyes' top-rated quarterback prospect.

:bang I hate Ohio State... :bang I hate Ohio State... :bang I hate Ohio State...

Now go ahead and ask me if I like Ohio State...go on...I dare you...I triple dog dare you... :nutz

I too have disliked Ohio State over the last decade or so, but hey they are Pelini's alma mater so maybe its time to soften up a bit and channel some more hate towardes CU, KSU, anyone?? ;)

Well to change the thread a little, my son who works at MU has a friend that was a DB coach at Michigan until Rodriquez got there. He now works as some sort of assistant for Missouri, making certain required classes are being attended. He states they have big problems in the running back area. They do not feel they will be able to run the ball. Very disappointed at this time. None of their expected players stepped up in spring training.

Now that is what this guy told my son, and if he is truly in the know is to be questioned, but Scott has become a pretty big Missouri fan and seems to think the guy is legit. Just a little info I thought some might like to hear.

I think Mizzou will do fine at running back. Jimmy Jackson is a burner, Derrick Washington is a powerback with great hands and moves who will be used as a receiver out of the backfield, De'Vion Moore has looked very well, according to Pinkel, and then there's Temple.

As for the attendance - what a dumb thread.

As for the KU attendance - their Sat spring game was cancelled due to weather so they played on a Monday night.

Well to change the thread a little, my son who works at MU has a friend that was a DB coach at Michigan until Rodriquez got there. He now works as some sort of assistant for Missouri, making certain required classes are being attended. He states they have big problems in the running back area. They do not feel they will be able to run the ball. Very disappointed at this time. None of their expected players stepped up in spring training.

Now that is what this guy told my son, and if he is truly in the know is to be questioned, but Scott has become a pretty big Missouri fan and seems to think the guy is legit. Just a little info I thought some might like to hear.

I think Mizzou will do fine at running back. Jimmy Jackson is a burner, Derrick Washington is a powerback with great hands and moves who will be used as a receiver out of the backfield, De'Vion Moore has looked very well, according to Pinkel, and then there's Temple.

As for the KU attendance - their Sat spring game was cancelled due to weather so they played on a Monday night.

Tony Temple is gone dude.

From ESPN:

At running back, four returnees are challenging to replace Temple. Senior Jimmy Jackson leads all returning backs with 331 rushing yards last season. Sophomore Derrick Washington averaged 5.1 yards per carry in limited 2007 playing time. Redshirt freshman De'Vion Moore and senior Earl Goldsmith also have received a look this spring.

Tony Temple is gone dude.

From ESPN:

At running back, four returnees are challenging to replace Temple. Senior Jimmy Jackson leads all returning backs with 331 rushing yards last season. Sophomore Derrick Washington averaged 5.1 yards per carry in limited 2007 playing time. Redshirt freshman De'Vion Moore and senior Earl Goldsmith also have received a look this spring.

I knew I'd get someone.....

http://mosports.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=59718

What Missouri has sports wise

St.Louis Rams

Kansas City chiefs

St. Louis Cardinals <---- Wining tradition playing games this time of year

St. Louis Blues

Kansas City Royals <-------- playing games at this time (surprisingly good this year)

Missouri Tigers <----------- Sub par tradition

What Nebraska has sports wise

Nebraska Corn huskers <--- Wining tradition

not to belittle the huskers attendance but obviously one has less competition to sell out sporting events.

Missouri also has Lake of Ozarks as well. Two very different States. You really can not compare the two in this regard. Very much apples and oranges.

St.Louis Rams

Kansas City chiefs

St. Louis Blues

Kansas City Royals <-------- playing games at this time (surprisingly good this year)

not to belittle the huskers attendance but obviously one has less competition to sell out sporting events.

Missouri also has Lake of Ozarks as well. Two very different States. You really can not compare the two in this regard. Very much apples and oranges.

Or apples and apples. A state boundry doesn't mean a fan can't cross it. Just like there are a lot of Husker fans in KC there are a lot of Chiefs fans in Omaha. It's stupid that ppl always bring up that there are no pro teams in Nebraska, all that means is that we have farther to travel, it doesn't mean that there are no pro fans. It's a lame arguement that people only bring up because they have nothing else. I've been to as many Broncos games as I have Husker games, where I grew up I was just as close to Denver as I was Lincoln, yet I lived in Nebraska so I must have been just a Nebraska fan, because "there are no pro teams in Nebraska". Blah blah blah blah.

St.Louis Rams

Kansas City chiefs

St. Louis Blues

yeah, yeah...and Nebraskans have all their teeth, literacy and indoor plumbing...what's your point?

The bottom line is the the spring game is just not something wildly popular with Mizzou fans. No one feels the need to define themselves or their team by attending a practice game and boasting about the attendance.

The same way that Nebraskans aren't nuts about their basketball team and don't have a group like The Antlers - harassing opposing basketball teams.

Remember too that Missouri is known as "the show me" state. We're a skeptical bunch, and want to see a continuation of last season before we anoint the football team as gods.

St.Louis Rams

Kansas City chiefs

St. Louis Blues

yeah, yeah...and Nebraskans have all their teeth, literacy and indoor plumbing...what's your point?

Point being you have two very different states and thus those two states produce very different fan bases.

Growing up in Missouri is very different than growing up in Nebraska. Kids in Nebraska grow up dreaming of being the next Tommie Frazier, or in my case the next Gerry Gdowski. Kids in Missouri grow up dreaming of being the next Tony Gonzales. Neither is better than the other, just very different. Maybe my view of the situation is skewed, I was born in Nebraska, raised to be a Husker, but, went to Mizzou. I still support both Universities. I own farmland in Nebraska. But I choose to live in Missouri. Nebraska has a football tradition that Mizzou dreams of. We (MU fan base) like the direction our program is headed in trying to develop that tradition. Nebraska is trying to restore the order of college football in the mid-west. I love the rivalry.

Just a few thoughts. Cy - no reason to be sly, I am a native Nebraskan, with all my teeth and indoor plumbing in residences in both Nebraska and Missouri.

The bottom line is the the spring game is just not something wildly popular with Mizzou fans. No one feels the need to define themselves or their team by attending a practice game and boasting about the attendance.

The same way that Nebraskans aren't nuts about their basketball team and don't have a group like The Antlers - harassing opposing basketball teams.

Remember too that Missouri is known as "the show me" state. We're a skeptical bunch, and want to see a continuation of last season before we anoint the football team as gods.

Oh get off it. The Kansas City f'ing Star did that after they beat Nebraska last year, and the local media has continued with it ever since. You've all been desperate for a winning season for the last 40 years, and when it came, you jumped all over it. I am yet to hear from a Mizzou fan who doesn't expect at least 12 wins next season.