This is sad...

I found this little tidbit while surfing tonight....you would think that with the season they had last year, they would do better....

COLUMBIA, Mo.-- A crowd of 26,322, about twice as large as previous years, watched Chase Daniel go 22-for-28 for 195 yards and two touchdowns

Has Nebraska EVER had that low of an attendance at a Spring Game? Maybe they need to try Cy's Cyclones method to getting people to show up....free beer. :wasted

I could care less how many showed up at either place. It has no bearing on the team or the game to be played.

Remember Missouri has a whole lot more than one team. Thier football team is not their life from birth.

We need to win the games and not really concern ourselves about sold out spring games. It means absolutely nothing to anyone come September.

We showed support for our team, that is what fans do. Nothing more, nothing less. And if Missour got more than they had had before, it is a positive for them.

They have scoreboard in what counts. We can talk about what is important come October. This is not important at all.

Yea so what we have the number 1 attendance for a spring game i just want football season to hurry up and be here

No that honor goes to Alabama

WRONG!

Alabama had 78K show up. Here's a verifiable source:

http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/2008.../381927811/1011

However, I don't know how many attended Ohio State's spring game.

This being said, I agree with the opinion that the number of attendees of a spring game does not a national champion make. However, it goes a long way towards recruiting.........

slmhusker

Yea so what we have the number 1 attendance for a spring game i just want football season to hurry up and be here

WRONG!

This being said, I agree with the opinion that the number of attendees of a spring game does not a national champion make. However, it goes a long way towards recruiting.........

slmhusker

Actually, I think you are misinterpreting what is being said. All time spring game attendance goes to Alabama as they had 90k+ last year. Nebraska has the largest attendance of this year, but not all time.

What Missouri has sports wise

St.Louis Rams

Kansas City chiefs

St. Louis Cardinals <---- Wining tradition playing games this time of year

St. Louis Blues

Kansas City Royals <-------- playing games at this time (surprisingly good this year)

Missouri Tigers <----------- Sub par tradition

What Nebraska has sports wise

Nebraska Corn huskers <--- Wining tradition

not to belittle the huskers attendance but obviously one has less competition to sell out sporting events.

St.Louis Rams

Kansas City chiefs

St. Louis Blues

Kansas City Royals <-------- playing games at this time (surprisingly good this year)

not to belittle the huskers attendance but obviously one has less competition to sell out sporting events.

:sarcasm So...the tiger fans must have been busy at other sporting events? I think Nebraska fans would have been at the game, no matter what was going on. I just think Missouri fans are only fans when A)their team is doing well and B)during the season because there isn't anything else to do on a Saturday afternoon. I don't recall them selling out their stadium or even coming close during their recent bad years.

And the folks at ESPN still though it would be a good idea to show their game instead of ours

I'm sure they would've if we 'd (TomBo)given them permission.

I could care less how many showed up at either place. It has no bearing on the team or the game to be played.

Remember Missouri has a whole lot more than one team. Thier football team is not their life from birth.

We need to win the games and not really concern ourselves about sold out spring games. It means absolutely nothing to anyone come September...

True..If we had anything at all to do with playing the game.

I hope we get to see the MNC spring game attendance rings :koolaid2:

St.Louis Rams

Kansas City chiefs

St. Louis Blues

You could argue that Nebraska also has the KC teams..as many of you go to their games <_<

Plus the Denver teams in Western Nebraska...

Plus there's the smaller colleges, little league, high schools, I think UNL is playing baseball now, Wimmens Volleyball is starting up? I read something about Francis Allen still being there with the Gymnasts preparing for Nationals..

The main difference is our tradition of consistently having a winning program that's embedded in our hides.

(Might even be encoded into our DNA) <_<

St.Louis Rams

Kansas City chiefs

St. Louis Blues

Nebraska has a great freakin zoo!

St.Louis Rams

Kansas City chiefs

St. Louis Blues

Nebraska has a great freakin zoo!

Nice to see that's still there..

p1image_r2_c4.jpg

http://www.zoobar.com/

WRONG!

slmhusker

Actually, I think you are misinterpreting what is being said. All time spring game attendance goes to Alabama as they had 90k+ last year. Nebraska has the largest attendance of this year, but not all time.

Yes, I did read that incorrectly. I thought we were talking about this year only. You are correct, the Tide packed the house last year for Saban. My mistake. I'm WRONG!!!!!

GBR

slmhusker