Weight: 205 lbs.

40 time: 4.55

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Tulsa

Favorites:

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals:

Big Red Report:

Assessing the talent: Good sized and strong WR is known for making great catches over defenders.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 20%. Other schools (mainly in the south) have expressed interest. HS teammate Kenny Bell is also a Husker recruit.

• 4 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

• 3 weeks later...

Any news on this kid? He has good size and speed.

Track athlete in fact. He is listed on the Times-Picayune's Louisiana Top 25. Had previously talked about committing before the season but did not make it to all the camps he wanted to so we'll see if he takes an official to Nebrasa.

Scheduled an official on 9/5/08...along with Cody Green, Trey Robinson, and Siosaia Tuipulotu.

JC WR/TE Brandon Kinnie the same weekend.

• 2 months later...

Latest from Husker Journal:

NOVEMBER 3, 2008. PREP STAR

ABRECUS MARTINEZ , WR, 6-3, 185, 4.5, RAYVILLE, LOUISIANA

“Tulsa (offer) likes me a lot,” Martinez said. “I receive letters from Mississippi and Oregon. I don’t know if they will offer or not they need more film. I like Oregon a lot they pass the ball.”

“I like Tulsa. They pass the ball a lot, out up big passing yards. I will visit them after the season.” Martinez added

“I like how they (Nebraska) run their offense and the academics. I like the stadium and coaches there. Nebraska calls me once a week. Nebraska is my leader right now, I like Bo Pelini he’s a good coach.” Martinez said

“I knew Bo when he was at LSU I kept in contact with him. I went to LSU’s summer camp last tear (2007) and met coach J P. I think Nebraska will be turned around.” Martinez said

“If I like my visit to Nebraska, I’ll probably come home and think about it. I will be up there with one of my coaches.” Martinez added

“I really don’t want to stay close to home, but not too far away. I will visit them (schools) after the season is over.” Martinez said

“Coaches say I’m a physical receiver that fights for the ball.” Martinez said

• 1 month later...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...