S Alex Logan

Player: Alex Logan

Hometown: Denver, CO

Position: S

Height: 6'2"

Weight: 195 lbs.

40 time: 4.53

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Texas Tech, Stanford, Cal, Washington, Washington State, Vanderbilt, Boise State, Colorado State, Wyoming, Northwestern, Colorado

Favorites:

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: :star:star:star

Big Red Report: :star:star:star

Assessing the talent: ESPN evaluation: Logan is a very instinctive and reliable safety. He has great size at 6 foot two and nearly two hundred pounds. Shows good athleticism in the openfield. Run support is sound when playing either free or strong safety. More here: http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/...26season%3d2009

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 15%. I like our chances if he wants to play in the Big 12. He went to Washington spring game as his brother plays at Washington. He has expressed interest in playing at Washington with his brother.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Article on Scout is free (for now): Weighing Options

Basically says

- he has only visited Colordao and Washington,

- distance is not a factor,

- would be cool to play with his brother at Washington, but won't decide based on that

- interested in visiting Cal

- will decide mid-fall

- contemplating official to Nebraska and really likes how the new coaching staff is returning to a punishing defense:

I think they'll bring Nebraska back to being a national power soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

They broadcast this kids highschool game on TV here last night and he:

1. Made a nice pass breakup

2. Got burned on 2 others. Luckily the QB over threw the reciever.

3. Missed tackles on 2 huge run plays (on one play, he did come back to make the tackle 30 yeards later)

4. Absolutley laid the wood on some poor running back.

He seems to be the guy that really wants to smash someone and over-pursues/ lets his reciever run right by him.

I think he is Dave Logan's son (former CU Buff/ Cleveland Brown) or at least I think. Dave is the head coach of his team and is one of the best HS football coaches in Colorado.

They were playing against QB Nathan Scheelhasse. That kid is gonna be good- fast, athletic.

I haven't watched a high school game since I was in high school but bc/ of Husker board, I actually knew some of the players on the field and it added interest to watching the game. Thanks Husker board!!

• 2 weeks later...

i went to his game last night where mullen (his team) played cherry creek. mullen physically dominated this game, and their defense wouldnt let cherry creek move the ball at all. logan and the other safety on the team were in on just about every stop which doesn't say much for the front 7 but a lot for those 2. logan physically stood out, he was more athletic and simply just looked like a better player than anyone else on the field. overall i would say he needs some weight training and maybe something to make him a little more humble. after half time he was the only one on the team that didn't go through the stretch's and the team "lets go" huddle. he was on the sidelines alone....also he wasn't really a vocal guy on the bench as i was on the sidelines.

overall good player who should redshirt if he commits.